[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unleashed Determination Quests and D/C

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
If you d/c while doing the Unleashed Determination quests the quests your working on will reset!!! I had 2/3 Runes just about to get my 3rd rune when d/c!!! I came back and the quest was gone! I look in the star and the quest was there again. I activated it and it wanted me to do it all over again!!! 45 min down the drain!!! Please fix your quests! Just to test I logged off the character and logged back on...the quest were gone again!!! Quests should not poof when you d/c or change characters! Again please fix!!!

Comments

• YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited January 2019
    This is happening to me.
    It's really frustrating, specially as the game is disconnecting A LOT.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Same issue, had it with the Perion one where you had to kill 10 emobs. =l
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited January 2019
    Oh well if that is the case, I'm probably not going to be able to complete half of them. They don't look like they give enough reward to focus on doing them, so I was just going to finish them while doing other stuff.

I was surprised that the Monster Determination drops where working in the Friendstory zones, and had half finished it when I went to bed. I guess its gone now.
    (Oddly the Cleansing Light doesn't work there, but the "Aura of Life" filled bit does work..?)
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited January 2019
    Looks like the Monster Determination drops don't get wiped, so that one is fine. Still have to reaccept it though, but that is minor compared to the others resetting.
  • DiamondSkyyDiamondSkyy
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited January 2019
    This happened to me too. I had 5/10 of the elite monsters. Then I logged out and went back in just to test it out. The progress was reset with the quest needing to be accepted again.
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited January 2019
    just had the same Thing after 8/10 elites

there is another issue with this quest, some accounts get 2 missions at once to solve where others get just one
    makes a huge difference in time to get These done
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2019
    I find that it sometimes gives me 1 but usually 2.
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited January 2019
    just had the 10 elite quest 3 times, only 2 dc with resets, makes about 45 elites total for a stupid quest

way to go nexon
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2019
    Well I completed it 7 times for the Maple Missions and now I'm DONE!!! I will not do it anymore! It is bad and they should feel bad for releasing it with all the d/c issues that are still a problem even after the maintenance.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2019
    Thanks, it's been forwarded already.
    YinYangX
  • RunicRunic
    Reactions: 550
    edited January 2019
    Would like to add to this issue. Not only does it reset quests, but if you finish the 5 quests for the day but you have another quest still in progress, it will only give you 1 quest the following day, and never the one that had been "locked out" by completing the 5-quest from before.

To explain it more clearly, lets say you are doing the perion kill elite mobs quest and the fairy academy activate runes quest and you only need to complete one of them to finish the overall chief stan determination quest for the day.

If you complete either of them and then finish the chief stan quest, the one you did not clear out will be gone the following day, and you will only be given 1 quest at a time instead of the two.