[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Singapore.

Comments

• GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    Geminia wrote: »
    Was there even a warning to the content being removed?

Yes, they announced it 10 hours before it got removed.

That's not very significant. Seems they were afraid of the backlash to announce it any earlier and are now just like "Well it's gone now, can't be undone."
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I'm going to have the unpopular opinion here, but honestly I want all GMS-Exclusive content removed. Including characters.
    I would rather have a stable client and more co-operation with the KMS to get stable balanced content added to all versions of the game.
    Too much of our content renders the KMS content completely pointless.
    I think the only real issue with doing this is that because Nexon has allowed this content to be introduced into the game for such a long time,
    players now feel like they are owed buggy broken content.
    Please continue to remove the exclusive content or balance/rework it to be slightly weaker than KMS equivalent.

You may now being yelling at me for having unpopular opinions.

lol you act like that would guarantee stability.. news flash , Spaghetti Code. They have admitted the code is a mess. Removing all those things could make the client LESS STABLE. Actually the Nexon launcher is the issue not the client in terms of stability . Bar the memory leaks.

I bet you haven't even played KMS. If you have played kms and compare it with gms you won't want to play kms.. It's a huge struggle compared with our version it's totally horrible.

Take this from me someone who plays kms daily to check out things before they reach us, stuff like no familiars and the kanna link and stuff really really really blows.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited October 2018
    Wow, I remember when Singapore was added. Would have been nice to have been able to go see it one last time. :(
    I don't see how its existence could be destabilising either to the code or balance, in a way that couldn't have been fixed. So maybe its just going to clash with future content?
    I can see that the game is a mess, but I'm partly playing it at the moment because I used to have a lot of fun exploring all the different places. Removing them is removing one of the reasons I'm playing the game.
  • Peter1235Peter1235
    Reactions: 630
    How can i play this game without a easy way to farm mesos? This game is getting harder and harder every update. I guess 30% if not more players will quit reboot or even the game itself. For a beginner player, how on earth can you progress to late game or even mid game. The damage the player gain are simply cannot keep up with the monsters toughness around their level. No mesos = no damage = take forever to kill 1 monster around your level = no exp gain = player cant progress = play will quit because they cant progress.... People probably will say "there is boss crystal that you can earn money". Yes there is but a new player cant even solo normal horntail let alone other ones.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited October 2018

AKradian wrote: »
    Not only this. So you're telling us we have to make and fund a new kanna. AND REPURCHASE PETS? How is that going to work. Most stupid decision nexon has ever made.

You don't need to repurchase pets, since all your Kannas share cash shop storage.

And this is all Nexon has to say to a dissapointed community?
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited October 2018
    Not only this. So you're telling us we have to make and fund a new kanna. AND REPURCHASE PETS? How is that going to work. Most stupid decision nexon has ever made.

You don't need to repurchase pets, since all your Kannas share cash shop storage.

He is not a Nexon employee.
    Invulgochaoscauser
  • DtxDtx
    edited October 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »

He is not a Nexon employee.

oof even worse
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited October 2018
    I'm going to have the unpopular opinion here, but honestly I want all GMS-Exclusive content removed. Including characters.
    I would rather have a stable client and more co-operation with the KMS to get stable balanced content added to all versions of the game.
    I think the only real issue with doing this is that because Nexon has allowed this content to be introduced into the game for such a long time,
    Please continue to remove the exclusive content or balance/rework it to be slightly weaker than KMS equivalent.

as many have pointed out - go play KMS? While you're at it, you can have only one account?

I'm fine with removal of content to make room etc, but when you remove it for no solid reason [they gave the usual "to continue to improve and make way for new content" speech] then it gets tiresome and old. They removed it as players are "abusing" it in reboot and it's hacker city in the non reboot worlds upon giving the area elite bosses as people don't go there other than for the badge.

I'll be rather pissed if they take the badges away next as I put ACTUAL money into cubing some of mine when they took away cubes from the boss drop pool [thankfully they brought those back].

As many pointed out - exclusive content is meant to be exclusive. I do believe that KMS has had their exclusive stuff that we never got, if we go with your logic, then we should be getting their stuff.

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    oof even worse

I'm not sure what you particularly want us to say.
    If you find out what you want us to say instead of simply treating anything we do say as an insult, I'll see what I can do. Until then, I and the rest of the VFMs are going to continue answering questions that we actually can answer.
    Peter1235 wrote: »
    Yes there is but a new player cant even solo normal horntail let alone other ones.

Like the answer to this, which is that yes, a new player can, in fact, solo normal Horntail (on Reboot, yes) with relative ease. I did it on my poorly-funded, neglected Reboot Hero, anyone who's better than me at their class can surely do it.
    Invulgo
  • DtxDtx
    edited October 2018
    I just didn't know VFMs were here only to answer.
    Dont take my words as treatment, I'm just a frustrated player that have been working hard on something that it was just removed with almost no warnning.
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    edited October 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    oof even worse

If you find out what you want us to say instead of simply treating anything we do say as an insult, I'll see what I can do. Until then, I and the rest of the VFMs are going to continue answering questions that we actually can answer.
    Yes there is but a new player cant even solo normal horntail let alone other ones.

Like the answer to this, which is that yes, a new player can, in fact, solo normal Horntail (on Reboot, yes) with relative ease. I did it on my poorly-funded, neglected Reboot Hero, anyone who's better than me at their class can surely do it.

it'd be nice if nx personal would pop in and address the frustrations and give a little more detail here or in a memo on the site, as I stated earlier, felt like a general "we're paving out new roads and blocking off old ones to push the new"
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited October 2018
    DSpellGuy wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »
    oof even worse

it'd be nice if nx personal would pop in and address the frustrations and give a little more detail here or in a memo on the site, as I stated earlier, felt like a general "we're paving out new roads and blocking off old ones to push the new"

It'll be just as vague as the previous memos. They barely even mentioned Singapore in the last one.
    Go into specifics and people will start poking holes in your flawed logic.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited October 2018
    PuppyPowr wrote: »
    So, if I goofed on the ghost ship quest for the ghost ship badge, am I screwed since singapore is getting removed after this patch? I beat the boss, but didnt get the badge, so I forfeited, did the white essence quest to get it back, and then went back and it tells me I can't reenter for another 24 hours because I entered twice apparently. I guess I'll just have to wait for Sengoku to come back now LMFAO.

wait so we cant go after that badge anymore T.T i loved going after that badge alot. sighs.
    Lilyflower
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    edited October 2018
    PuppyPowr wrote: »
    So, if I goofed on the ghost ship quest for the ghost ship badge, am I screwed since singapore is getting removed after this patch? I beat the boss, but didnt get the badge, so I forfeited, did the white essence quest to get it back, and then went back and it tells me I can't reenter for another 24 hours because I entered twice apparently. I guess I'll just have to wait for Sengoku to come back now LMFAO.

wait so we cant go after that badge anymore T.T i loved going after that badge alot. sighs.

yeah the whole map area was removed. I already posted in the suggesstion forums to make a pq like they did with Chyrse so the players can still get the badge....
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Removing singapore just unleashed a giant wave of botters upon the maple world.
    Rip slurpy forest depths.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018

lol you act like that would guarantee stability.. news flash , Spaghetti Code. They have admitted the code is a mess. Removing all those things could make the client LESS STABLE. Actually the Nexon launcher is the issue not the client in terms of stability . Bar the memory leaks.

I bet you haven't even played KMS. If you have played kms and compare it with gms you won't want to play kms.. It's a huge struggle compared with our version it's totally horrible.

Take this from me someone who plays kms daily to check out things before they reach us, stuff like no familiars and the kanna link and stuff really really really blows.

Stability would be improved by having a more 1 to 1 copy of KMS, because then they only have to manage one version of the game.
    If Korea is programming our "side project" of GMS, then it would be easier if it was more close to KMS code wise.

No I haven't played KMS, as I'm one of those few players who actually likes the story and doesn't want to learn Korean just to play one game.
    As for people constantly telling me I wouldn't like KMS, some people actually like their games hard you know.

As I said before, this is unpopular opinion, but I believe the way everyone treats KMS compared to GMS only shows to prove what I said.
    That players feel like they are owed buggy broken content.
  • ZolatoZolato
    Reactions: 760
    edited October 2018
    If you're going to remove such a valuable source of meso farm, then give us alternatives. As it stood, mp3, and ghost ship were crucial in developing early-game damage and we're going to have a bottleneck scenario. If you don't want frustrated players leaving your game because they can't find a place to farm, then create some viable early game options.
  • KRATOS123KRATOS123
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    snip
    Exclusive content for the sake of being exclusive isn't a very good plan programming wise.
    The GMS programming team has no clue what the KMS programming team will do a few years down the road.
    There is no way for them to know if the GMS content will end up causing more issues down the road for future patches.

ANY programmer would have a hard time with the current state of GMS, as it is basically a stitched together Frankenstein's Monster of other versions of MS.
    The longer Nexon goes on without doing anything about these differences, the worse it gets. The GMS Team seems to have finally said enough is enough.
    We don't have to completely do away with exclusive content if we work with the KMS team though.
    It is possible that we could introduce special content to our version of the game one patch season ahead of Korea.
    It would remain exclusive for around 6 months, after which it would be incorporated into the base game and no longer be exclusive.

oh come on dude stop kissing asses ur just trying to make a point that is not there, so better save it to your hole brain, thanks.

Moderator Note: Please do not necrobump old threads and avoid attacking other users.
This discussion has been closed.