[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PIC not working after v202 update

Comments

• ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited January 2019
    There is no Response from maplestory or nexon saying this is a problem
  • TalonexTalonex
    Reactions: 505
    edited January 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!
    We are aware of the PIC error and are looking into it.
    If you wish, resetting your PIC would be an immediate option :(

If you are unable to reset your PIC through the game or the website, please submit a ticket to our support team.

uh don't you need to enter the existing PIC in order to reset? That would make the only option to do it over the website. If that wasn't required it would be pointless to even have the PIC.
  • TalonexTalonex
    Reactions: 505
    edited January 2019
    Same issue as everyone else, not even bothering with a PIC change since it seems like a non-solution, guess having a secure randomness for a PIC bites me. Guess I'll sit around and wait for an emergency maintenance. I was really looking forward to trying out the new crap too
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!
    We are aware of the PIC error and are looking into it.
    If you wish, resetting your PIC would be an immediate option :(

If you are unable to reset your PIC through the game or the website, please submit a ticket to our support team.

So I think I should point out, while this does work... It only seems to work twice. It lets you login once, then the second time you have to enter in a new PIC.
    Constantly sending in PIC reset requests seems like a bad idea... I believe this calls for a good ol' fashion unscheduled maint. (As soon as you determine issue.)
    A round of compensation for the lost maple world energy probably isn't a bad idea either, considering the limited run of this...
  • CelluoseBreakdownCelluoseBreakdown
    Reactions: 615
    edited January 2019
    same, after changing pic the new one works once then breaks again
  • RandomPowerRandomPower
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2019
    I entered it couple of times and it work sometimes
    VVurstchen wrote: »
    I only had numbers as PIC, and it still said it's wrong. I tried to change it, it worked (PIC changed successfully). I still can't log in because it still says it's wrong PIC!
    I tried to reset the PIC, I got an error message saying "You do not have a game character or password has not been set up on this account"
    I also have time limited items like that level up potion from the Alliance shop that expires today :<

Great...

yeah i get that message when i reset, it works when i click it again.

My problem is that when i reset my PIC , I changed it, it will fail when I change character.
  • PandaDualPandaDual
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2019
    Also having the same problem. I tried resetting my PIN, and it worked, but when I input it when I log in, it does not recognize it. I tried a simple PIN and it still didnt work
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
  • AlgodonaAlgodona
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited January 2019
    It is preferable an extra maintenance 2 or 4 hours to make this kind of thing happen.
  • RoAdMaNRoAdMaN
    Reactions: 100
    Same over here. Hopefully it gets fixed here soon. I been trying for about the last 2 hours and nothing.
  • RaziielRaziiel
    please fix this problem, you can not access the account and I need my 2 hours a day maple, I can not suffer abstinence.... XD
  • MrDuganMrDugan
    Reactions: 740
    The option to reset PIC through the account settings online returns "You do not have a game character or password has not been set up on this account." I'm also currently not able to open a support ticket as well. Resetting PIC online is not viable for some people.
  • nathanknightnathanknight
    Reactions: 840
    After an update (23 January 2019, 5:28 pm Pacific time) for a long time, and this happens?
    PIC lettering error?
    What a useless double checking coding....
    I will say curse words, no holds barred...
    This double checking after the update is supreme bullshit!
    Are they called themselves a messed security?
    What a moron update.
    Really imbecle farted assfarting braining update.
    Ruining my most brilliant day, finding the shields with potentials...
    Those encoders should deserve the punishment for not double checking the update....
    Sorry, I have to say this...

After an update again, I wish I have another Gold Kalkan with good potentials again for me, ATT +10, 10% chance of level 2 freezing, and 10% chance of blind.

I am a Hero job user.
    Same here, PIC has an error coding...
  • panicdarkpanicdark
    edited January 2019

please check the alphabetic board of the pic does not let you choose letters
  • Laby_SanotanLaby_Sanotan
    Reactions: 500
    Having this issue too.
    PIC with letters didn't work, reset worked until I DCed on the character, had to reset to log back in.
    Fair, thought it would work. Nope. Changed character; "You have entered an incorrect PIC" (I hadn't).
    Reset, maybe this time it'll work. Nope, change character to use a storm growth "You have entered an incorrect PIC".

So, it doesn't matter what you do, if your bugged, unless its fixed your going to forever be forced to reset the PIC for logging in, DCing or changing character.
  • jayde1jayde1
    Reactions: 200
    VVurstchen wrote: »
    I only had numbers as PIC, and it still said it's wrong. I tried to change it, it worked (PIC changed successfully). I still can't log in because it still says it's wrong PIC!
    I tried to reset the PIC, I got an error message saying "You do not have a game character or password has not been set up on this account"

same for me...
  • DehemonDehemon
    Reactions: 400
    i somtimes wonder if they even test the game after a patch... this sucks really hard. guess ill have to wait 3 days before im able to play again
    After an update (23 January 2019, 5:28 pm Pacific time) for a long time, and this happens?
    PIC lettering error?
    What a useless double checking coding....
    I will say curse words, no holds barred...
    This double checking after the update is supreme bullshit!
    Are they called themselves a messed security?
    What a moron update.
    Really imbecle farted assfarting braining-error update.
    Ruining my most brilliant day, finding the shields with potentials...
    Those encoders should deserve the punishment for not double checking the update....
    Sorry, I have to say this...

After an update again, I wish I have another Gold Kalkan with good potentials again for me, ATT +10, 10% chance of level 2 freezing, and 10% chance of blind.

I am a Hero job user.
  • MAGIXMOMMAGIXMOM
    edited January 2019
    Continue to try to get into game using the same pin I have been using and it says my pin is wrong. I have checked my capital lock, nope, not the problem. Please tell me this is not yet again a hacker who has taken my game away! Is it the new repairs???