[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Greetings from CM Ghiblee

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Welcome Ghiblee! Glad to have you as our new community manager.
    Here's some poetry.

Gentle whispers as the Orange Mushrooms rest their heads,
    A new community manager approaches, watching this thread,
    They are welcomed with glee, new opportunities to spearhead,
    may their positive impact across the Maple World be widespread.

Ghiblee, you're here; with Arwoo by your side,
    an awesome team emerges, an ace once savage now filled with pride,
    I hope you enjoy our community and will be our guide,
    until we meet again, this Corsair will be dockside.

wait how did you get that profile pic

Shenanigans. We don't talk about that.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    First introductions are always awkward but here I go!
    Hello, I'm Ghiblee and I am your new Community Manager for MapleStory :)

To share a bit about myself, I enjoy watching anime, reading manga, and playing games.
    (Any recommendations are welcomed.)
    Also for anyone who is curious, yes, my name comes from Studio Ghibli.

Leaving that aside, Nexon games, like Crazy Arcade and Kartrider, make up my childhood and I've been an avid gamer since. For MapleStory, I played it for a short time from 2010 to 2011. Afterward, I started MapleStory M when it was launched and now returned to MapleStory once again. It was a long journey back but I am glad to be here now. I currently play in Scania and Bera so feel free to say hi!

Being completely honest, I am still in the learning process!
    However, even though I'm pretty “new” to MapleStory, I have no doubts that I will grow attached to it and its community once again.

It will take some time, but I will work towards being a supporting voice of the community and Nexon as we increase transparency.
    Therefore, I do ask you to be patient with me. (If not, that's okay too.)

Oh! I will be live streaming with Aru on Twitch this Thursday, January 10th, at 2pm PST.
    It would be great if you can join us!

I look forward to interacting with the entire MapleStory community across every channel.
    Until then, happy Mapling :)
    Thank you!

um I mean I think a good way to start off the year would be to unban me from discord I think we can make the year and maple great if you know what I mean ;)
  • hyacahyaca
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited January 2019
    Welcome Ghibs! We talked earlier...
  • RayzYRayzY
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to Maple world, Ghiblee. :)
    Ghiblee
  • Kat27Kat27
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited January 2019
    Since your only characters are very low level, you should try out Reboot too. Then you can better understand the needs of a very large portion of the player base. It's not starting over if you're <200. Plus, if you like kanna.... they're handy in Reboot world lol.
    Fuhreak
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    Reactions: 915
    edited January 2019
    Welcome Ghiblee

Can you please consider removing this from the forum rules?
    Old Maple
    - Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous verions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.

The only reason it's there is because one of your juvenile predecessors a few years back who went by the name KThxBaiNao decided to ban the topic outright for being brought up every few weeks, rather than four very specific forum users (one who is currently a VFM for the love of god) who always came into those discussion threads and verbally harassed anyone reminiscing about the early iterations of the game and instigated all the drama in the first place. I believe it has been more than 2 years since this ridiculous rule has been implemented.

Protip: Don't be like that predecessor.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Welcome Ghiblee

Old Maple
    - Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous verions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.

The only reason it's there is because one of your juvenile predecessors a few years back who went by the name KThxBaiNao decided to ban the topic outright for being brought up every few weeks, rather than four very specific forum users (one who is currently a VFM for the love of god) who always came into those discussion threads and verbally harassed anyone reminiscing about the early iterations of the game and instigated all the drama in the first place. I believe it has been more than 2 years since this ridiculous rule has been implemented.

I am pretty sure community mangers only enforce and suggest rules, not make them. There's honestly no real reason for this kind of thread.
    Nexon isn't going to do it. It's too much risk for what seems like far too little reward. If talking about old versions is pointless (Because Nexon won't do it) then why remove the rule?
    If you can defend the idea well enough they might decide to reverse the forum rule, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Welcome Ghiblee

Old Maple

I am pretty sure community mangers only enforce and suggest rules, not make them. There's honestly no real reason for this kind of thread.
    Nexon isn't going to do it. It's too much risk for what seems like far too little reward. If talking about old versions is pointless (Because Nexon won't do it) then why remove the rule?
    If you can defend the idea well enough they might decide to reverse the forum rule, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Community Managers do make the rules for the community platforms (forums and Discord).
    In general, there is no rule against suggesting things Nexon would never implement.
    This particular topic has a bad history in the community. The old forums are gone, so you can't see the threads that developed every time someone raised the idea, but you can go on the subreddit and see very similar flamewars, despite none of the participants being the same people as argued on the forums. A community of people who are playing the modern version of the game, is probably not the best place to insist that the old version was better.
    On the other hand, the official Maplestory facebook page is full of nostalgic ex-players who do yearn for the game-as-they-remember-it to come back. Perhaps that is a better platform for that sort of reminiscing.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Community Managers do make the rules for the community platforms (forums and Discord).
    In general, there is no rule against suggesting things Nexon would never implement.
    This particular topic has a bad history in the community. The old forums are gone, so you can't see the threads that developed every time someone raised the idea, but you can go on the subreddit and see very similar flamewars, despite none of the participants being the same people as argued on the forums. A community of people who are playing the modern version of the game, is probably not the best place to insist that the old version was better.
    On the other hand, the official Maplestory facebook page is full of nostalgic ex-players who do yearn for the game-as-they-remember-it to come back. Perhaps that is a better platform for that sort of reminiscing.

Luckily, I have screenshots of Individual One's post history:
    cEePGmd.png
    1n7JdEW.png

This, everyone, is why the subject is specifically cited as do not post in the forum rules. You're welcome to look up this very same individual here on these forums and you'll see that, in spite of a rule explicitly put in place because of him, he continued to shirk and disregard it.

Of particular note is that this individual's threads were never anything further than trying to make nexon do it by going "nexon please do it". When told to approach nexon with a business proposition in regards to the matter, I believe his response was something along the lines of "that's not my responsibility".
    Fuhreak
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    Reactions: 915
    edited January 2019
    Oh look, it's one of the harassers.

The guy who made threads regarding the same topic every few weeks should have been given a stern warning under the multiple threads rule. The only reason drama ensued in those threads was because a few specific individuals continuously harassed OP and/or the base that supported the suggestion, up to the point of almost cursing, because they claimed the topic was being waved in their faces and felt they couldn't "choose" to not engage in the topic, when most people didn't care enough to participate. Rather than citing the proper rules such as "do not post multiple threads" and "no harassment" and giving warnings/bans where appropriate, banning an entire thread gave the message that "harassment isn't wrong, it's the people(thing) provoking the harassers who(that) should bare sole responsibility and be punished". Not to mention that others who want to give the same suggestion can't do so because it agitates the harassers (which was a reason to ban the topic and not those harassers apparently). The rule is irrelevant now given that the drama had ended years ago.

Besides, most demands from the OP were unrealistic, such as asking for quantiative assessments including a cost budget analysis (which obviously no player can provide for any sort of suggestion to the game at all), and the OP was relentlessly flamed as a result of failing to meet those demands.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    Oh look, it's one of the harassers.

The guy who made threads regarding the same topic every few weeks should have been given a stern warning under the multiple threads rule. The only reason drama ensued in those threads was because a few specific individuals continuously harassed OP and/or the base that supported the suggestion, up to the point of almost cursing, because they claimed the topic was being waved in their faces and felt they couldn't "choose" to not engage in the topic, when most people didn't care enough to participate. Rather than citing the proper rules such as "do not post multiple threads" and "no harassment" and giving warnings/bans where appropriate, banning an entire thread gave the message that "harassment isn't wrong, it's the people(thing) provoking the harassers who(that) should bare sole responsibility and be punished". Not to mention that others who want to give the same suggestion can't do so because it agitates the harassers (which was a reason to ban the topic and not those harassers apparently). The rule is irrelevant now given that the drama had ended years ago.

Besides, most demands from the OP were unrealistic, such as asking for quantiative assessments including a cost budget analysis (which obviously no player can provide for any sort of suggestion to the game at all), and the OP was relentlessly flamed as a result of failing to meet those demands.

He was. He was told on numerous occasions to stop making the same thread about the same subject. He didn't listen.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Time to stop this thread detour. This is Ghiblee's welcome thread, let's not turn it into a fight.

@Bulbasaur, you're welcome to make a separate thread requesting changing the rule.
    Fuhreak