[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Revamp to Phantom's skill stealing

AngeliumAngelium
Reactions: 530
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So as a phantom main (in Reboot) i i feel like the current skill stealing system should be revamped to make it easier to use and utilize.

my personal suggestion for a change would be:

adding more slots in phantom's load-out so we will be able to hold more skills. this is especially relevant to 4th job, where phantom can only hold two skills.
different maps usually warrant different skill layouts, of both 3rd and 4th job skills. the same with many bosses where specific stolen skills are useful for specific bosses.
every time i want to use a skill for a very specific niche i have to delete a saved skill, find the appropriate class for the new skill, which is hard in certain less common classes, steal the skill and then after i am done with whatever required the skill i have to find the class whom the original skill i used belongs to and steal it once more.

alternatively i see them changing the stealing system so it would be similar to maple story M, where i heard you steal skills as a phantom from the job instructors rather then from actual players (didn't confirm that myself as i do not play maple story M).

again, this is mostly a hassle for the 4th job skills. i personally feel like adding 2-3 more slots (maybe 5 stolen skill slots per job?) wouldn't break the class as we already have a 30 second CD when switching skills, at best it will make life a bit simpler for phantoms.

what do you guys think. any other suggestions to make phantom's lives easier in that regard?

on a side note: do you think allowing phantom to steal skills from resistance/Cygnus knights will break the class? lore wise i believe phantom couldn't steal their skills since they didn't exist back in the day, but now he has been around them for quite a while now.

any suggestions or extra ideas are appreciated. ~ Thanks
SlicedTimeKradian_SouthAsters

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Angelium wrote: »
    alternatively i see them changing the stealing system so it would be similar to maple story M, where i heard you steal skills as a phantom from the job instructors rather then from actual players (didn't confirm that myself as i do not play maple story M).

I've suggested this in the past before. You could have one skill from each job level per day (Per each class), resets at reset.
    This way you can search for skills more easily, but it's still better to have the actual class sitting in front of you.
    I can't remember how many times I've had a phantom thank me for having most of the explorers at 4th job.
    (Mostly F/P Hyper.)
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2019
    They should have made all jobs hold a max of 4 skills but They should also separate attacks from buffs and make an expanded UI for handing skills and buffs and allow phantoms to use both 1 attack and 1 buff from each job at the same time.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Allowing Phantom to use one buff and one attack would (I think) be a decent buff to Phantom.
    I don't play Phantom so I'm not sure if he needs that buff or not.
  • AngelliumAngellium
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2019
    4 slots per job would be nice, though i think with the amount of explorer jobs out there 5 would be more appropriate to accommodate different situations (maps,bosses,etc).
    as for the ability to use one buff and one attack - that might be a bit broken as it will allow phantoms to use final cut with any other mobbing/bossing skill from 4th job that belongs to explorers, which means a huge boost in damage output.
    a solution to that could be to limit the skills that you can use with said stolen buff (sort of like how we cant steal shadow partner).
    Fuhreak