[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kinesis Complaints, QoL suggestions and more.

EladOEladO
Reactions: 540
edited February 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey, I'm playing my main character as Kinesis in the Europe Reboot world.
It's not a secret, Kinesis is really one of the under-rated classes in the game, pretty much the opposite from NL, NW, DB etc.
I noticed a lot of things that needs to get reworked\fix to really make Kinesis unstuck from the underplayed class spot that he took.

Why you need to buff\implement some of the better changes for Kinesis?
In my opinion, people don't have any reason to pick Kinesis over most of the other classes in the game to join a boss fight, since Kinesis won't do his part in damage-wise and utility-wise.
And then you Nexon, copied the Kinesis ultimate Psychic Shockwave skill nerf from KMS and made our mobbing and bossing decreasing by a few levels, [because The Black Hole isn't useful as it used to be] not that we were that strong anyway.
I really like Kinesis, for me he's the most special class in the game and it's just a shame that people barely play him outside of Link Skill\Legion purposes. So if you guys want to help the community to notice this class in a more positive manner, you need to buff\make some good changes to Kinesis.

My suggestions for Kinesis: [i don't expect you to implement all of them, even one will be nice]
1. Revert Psychic Shockwave skill to his form before of the nerf - Don't really have to explain, before the nerf kinesis was pretty balanced [great mobbing, good bossing] and i don't think that someone will disagree with me about this suggestion.

2. Give Kinesis an Active or Passive skill that will make him more valuable to parties against bosses.
My idea was something like that: [%numbers can be changed]
A skill that gives 3 levels of party buffs depends on Kinesis's Psychic Points bar capacity.
Level 1 - when the bar is display yellow: 10% att/m.att or 10%boss dmg or 10%IED for all party members .
Level 2 - when the bar is display cyan: 15% att/m.att or 15%boss dmg or 15%IED for all party members .
Level 3 - when the bar is display purple: 20% att/m.att or 20%boss dmg or 20%IED for all party members .

This skill will give Kinesis another reason to be chosen into parties, even when hes damage can be low against some most bosses/boss phases.plus,it will encourage players to manage their Psychic Points better.

Now let's move to the QoL suggestions. I saw some of them here in the past but didn't notice if Nexon paid any attention to them.
1. Remove the option that blocking us from disabling B.P.M sometimes with a chat error message.
2. Disable monster "pick-up" in Hmuto [so you won't be able to pick up monsters in Hmuto, like in Monster Park], it has no purpose there and it just get us in the way of finishing the quest on time.
3. Disable the throw option for Psychic Tornado, atleast for the first 2-3 seconds.. can't remember how many times i threw it by mistake because of a lag spike..

I hope you find these important and will consider the change.

And finally, one bug that i noticed lately:
I assigned Psychic Bulwark to be buffed by a pet automatic, and sometimes when the pet re-buff me this skill, it doesn't give me the 100% Stance it should give, only 80% if i remember correctly.

Thats all of my thought at the moment, if i'll have more suggestions i'll add them.
I really hope and expect for Nexon to read this and try to consider to give us, Kinesis players, some of the changes we need.

PetalmagicSionne

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2019
    There was a thread made about Psychic Shockwave, and I agree it should be reverted. My Kinesis besides that feels ok to me. I like to play it for a break from my Main generally...
  • EladOEladO
    edited February 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    There was a thread made about Psychic Shockwave, and I agree it should be reverted. My Kinesis besides that feels ok to me. I like to play it for a break from my Main generally...

and besides the Shockwave issue, what do you think about my other suggestions?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2019
    EladO wrote: »

Monster Pick-up in HMuto is a meh issue, I'd just beat them around (My Particular Kine is not yet 210) and get drops that way. I don't think their damage feels super "in need" of a buff. Tornado would be appreicated but again, its a not super big issue to me personally.
  • SionneSionne
    Reactions: 690
    edited February 2019

I talked about other issue in my previous threads
    forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/23545/please-revert-ultimate-psychic-shockwave-change#latest
    this is the my latest about Psychic Shockwave and it has link to my previous thread regarding Kinesis issues and each of them has previous link. (Click 'previous' in my threads)
    I really like and support your suggestion!
  • EladOEladO
    edited February 2019

Monster Pick-up in HMuto is a meh issue, I'd just beat them around (My Particular Kine is not yet 210) and get drops that way. I don't think their damage feels super "in need" of a buff. Tornado would be appreicated but again, its a not super big issue to me personally.
    It's not that big of an issue, just a manner of QoL..
    And the main issue with Kinesis is that other characters same funded can deal with mobile bosses alot better then Kinesis, that's why i suggested the party buff skill..

Sionne wrote: »

I talked about other issue in my previous threads
    forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/23545/please-revert-ultimate-psychic-shockwave-change#latest
    this is the my latest about Psychic Shockwave and it has link to my previous thread regarding Kinesis issues and each of them has previous link. (Click 'previous' in my threads)
    I really like and support your suggestion!

Thank you, i think i saw your post the other day.