[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please Make Storyline Quests repeatable

TwofishTwofish
Reactions: 745
edited February 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Title. Some high level quests contain many storyline related things, well-drawn images and good scenarios. However they can't be repeated. Also, those bosses are too hard for common players. As a result, please make them repeatable.

If specified, I am talking about Lachelein storyline, and 'subconscious crack' in Lachelein. From the music, the scene objects, and the scripts, it can be seen that Nexon put a lot of efforts on it. But If I want to watch the plot again, or review some details, I have to train another Lv 220 character. This is a bit ridiculous and needs too much time. Also For me, I can't defeat Damien, not to mention Lucid. So, that might be the last time I fought Lucid and saw her 2nd phase.

Could Nexon please make those storyline quests repeatable? For quests rewards, some exps are OK, for story mode bosses, Intense Power Crystals just like other bosses should be enough, or nothing dropped is also acceptable.
FuhreakAstersYinYangX

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2019
    What details would you like?

I screenshot most dialog and for Lachelein I have something like 600 still images of cutscenes and dialog. When I get home I can pull them up and supply you with whatever you need.

Also, KMS recent added Practice Mode to many bosses which allow users to try the mechanics without wasting a run. I’m unaware of the specific HP values for this mode, however.
    YinYangX
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited February 2019
    The main problem with repeatable ones is . that they need to be re-set , while the idea looks fun but... for some hard and very glitchy contents like Monad i was misfortuned to reset them by mistake.
    I'd like to re-do review the story ,dialogue for sure here, but i'd rather not lose my progress D:
  • TwofishTwofish
    edited February 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    What details would you like?

I screenshot most dialog and for Lachelein I have something like 600 still images of cutscenes and dialog. When I get home I can pull them up and supply you with whatever you need.

Also, KMS recent added Practice Mode to many bosses which allow users to try the mechanics without wasting a run. I’m unaware of the specific HP values for this mode, however.

Yes I can screenshot but that's different. Someone in this forum posted a thread saying he wants Black Mage content got blockbuster mode and everyone low level can play. It's a little overwhelming but I think make it a blockbuster that "unlocked at required level" would be an idea, high level quests except Arcane River all work like that, think about Black Heaven and Heroes of Maple. Only in Arcane River, many quests can't be repeated, it's a pity. Also, practise mode doesn't include story mode bosses. It's one-off play.
  • TwofishTwofish
    edited February 2019
    Asters wrote: »
    The main problem with repeatable ones is . that they need to be re-set , while the idea looks fun but... for some hard and very glitchy contents like Monad i was misfortuned to reset them by mistake.
    I'd like to re-do review the story ,dialogue for sure here, but i'd rather not lose my progress D:

Monad is special but other quests don't get the 'progress' concept. Once done you can reset and still fight the real mode boss, so even reset by mistake there's not too much trouble.