[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gameclient Crashes when a Boss kills you.

ChobitsChiiChobitsChii
Reactions: 430
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
Hi i have been experiencing this annoying bug.

When i do bossing, it happens to me when i get a 1 HitKO such as Damien's purple swords, Lucid Dragon, Gollux Pink breathing seduce the client crashes and now it's almost imposible to do bosses because of that bug, please i beg you, address this!.

That happened to a friend of mine.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    This happened to me yesterday - I got killed by Chaos Von Bon's leaping 1 hit k/o attack and d/cd - didn't think anything of it at the time, but interesting that this has been happening to multiple people across multiple bosses.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2019
    Hiya, I've forwarded this info along with several other reports of players crashing when hit with OHKO boss mechanics.
    The list so far includes:
    • Von Bon and Tengu's ground pounds
    • Gollux Breath
    • Damien's sword blasts
    • Lucid's Dragon fire

Are there any other confirmed boss attacks that also trigger a crash?
  • ymiTymiT
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2019
    Vellum's fireball too. Happened to me yesterday.
  • microwavemicrowave
    Reactions: 425
    edited January 2019
    magnus hard in breath air <.< ..... dc ..... can fix this !
  • ArtifexArtifex
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited February 2019
    Me alongside half my party in normal Lucid just d/c'd ... didn't see what hit me, but I don't think it was the dragon's breath, since my screen wasn't filled with flames.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Artifex wrote: »
    Me alongside half my party in normal Lucid just d/c'd ... didn't see what hit me, but I don't think it was the dragon's breath, since my screen wasn't filled with flames.

Three of our members d/cd as well, but it was during a laser phase. However, lasers don't 1 hit k/o so no idea why that would cause it. They all happened to note that they were in the air when they were d/c'd though.
  • YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited February 2019
    It happened to me when Arkarium killed me
  • InklessNightInklessNight
    edited February 2019
    It's happening to me on virtually any type of death, boss or not
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    Can secondarily confirm vellum's fireballs. I got wanged in the face yesterday and the client immediately crashed with no error or popup.

Oddly enough, von bon's ground pound didn't do anything, nor did queen's breath or red pierre's sneaky-beaky smack.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Can secondarily confirm vellum's fireballs. I got wanged in the face yesterday and the client immediately crashed with no error or popup.

Oddly enough, von bon's ground pound didn't do anything, nor did queen's breath or red pierre's sneaky-beaky smack.

Yeah, it seems like it's an intermittent error for some. I've been k/od by bosses throughout my time since posting my first post, and have not since been d/cd, but I know lots of other people that have been. It just seems to be a random response to the death trigger.
  • SanjaySanjay
    Reactions: 1,616
    edited February 2019
    On HLotus Getting hit by a demolisher and dying seems to be an instant crash..
  • LilArrinLilArrin
    Reactions: 210
    It's getting very tiresome. Dying at basically any boss is a dice roll. Dying to Golems or Dragon at lucid will trigger it, Lotus's platforms or debris will trigger it, getting smashed at Gloom will trigger it. I've had death-to-crash at practically every endgame boss including Damien, Lotus, Lucid, Will, Gloom, and even Papulatus at one point.

If you're going to place entry limits on bosses, at least make sure the game is stable for its users so that crashing isn't so costly.
    CaughtByLove
  • InklessNightInklessNight
    edited February 2019
    The crash is not caused by 1hko boss attacks, it has nothing to do with any specific attacks but rather it's a random dc on ANY death (including mobs) because of the new death UI. Please fix this bug as it is extremely annoying and is hindering proper gameplay.
  • MehiaMehia
    Reactions: 605
    edited February 2019
    Is this issue being looked at? I disconnected after I died fighting chaos vellum (the tail attack got me).
  • StylarkStylark
    Reactions: 610
    edited February 2019
    My game has crashed whilst trying to fight normal lotus 3 times in a row. I don't think it's from just a 1-hit KO, I think it's just from dying at some point in the boss fight, as I had partial hp but died by touching the blue fireball in phase 3 and then the game crashed. It wasn't like this for me last week but has been for this one. I really hope they solve this in the maintenance tomorrow.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited February 2019
    Normal Lotus's first phase crashed me when I died.
  • DongerAvengerDongerAvenger
    edited February 2019
    I can confirm that if you catch gollux' hands you die and have a 50/50 chance of dc'ing. R I P my keys and possible loot
  • netdemonnetdemon
    edited February 2019
    I have this happen to me twice. It usually occurs when you get hit by a %hp attack that is enough to kill you mixed with a movement skill. First time it occurred when I try to teleport away from Gollux bright purple flame but got hit and died/crash. Second was when I try to teleport away from Will's tornado, got hit and died/crash.