[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My name change coupon has disappeared from my CS.

SavageSavage
Reactions: 100
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
I bought a name change yesterday and left it in the CS storage as i was told to do so & now i come back today and it is no were to be found? What is going on here? Am i not going to get my name change? I spent $10 on this thing and it better be changed. :(

Comments

• K1S3K1K1S3K1
    Reactions: 420
    edited October 2016
    So I bought a character name change on the 19th and used it that same day. A few minutes ago, I go into my Cash Shop and I get a notification saying that my Character Name Change Coupon has expired.

Does this affect the ign change process at all? I tried to make a new character with the ign I intended to switch to and it informed me it was already in use.

I know for a fact that I definitely used the coupon because on Thursday, when I moved it down to my regular inventory and clicked on it in-game I was given the option to cancel the existing ign change request (I declined it and moved it back to my CS storage).
  • GoosefleshGooseflesh
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    This happened to me too...can anyone else who bought it confirm whether this is supposed to happen?
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2016
    Hello

Please fill out the information below :)

Forwarded this issue.
    Please follow the Bug Reporting format via the MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines when posting in this subforum.

Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:
    (anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:
    (if not covered in the summary)

Character name:
    Character level:
    Character job:
    World name:
    Date and time of the incident:
    (mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

How the Character Name Change Coupon Works.

All names will be changed in the scheduled maintenance on October 27.

Lilyflower
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    This affected me as well. After panicking last night I checked and unless you want to cancel, you don't need the coupon item anyway. The name change should still go through.

I would screenshot your NX purchase log just to be safe, though.
  • AglowAglow
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2016
    I hope the above info in that email is correct. I thought the coupon stayed in your inventory until the next patch when the change is completed.
  • AglowAglow
    edited October 2016
    Name change was not completed? Did this happen to anyone else?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    suzella said:

Name change was not completed? Did this happen to anyone else?
    Looks like it

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/59p3qb/just_logged_on_after_maintenance_no_ign_change/
  • iSouvenirsiSouvenirs
    Reactions: 1,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Same thing happened to my girlfriend and her name change did not happen.... :/
  • JustaNerdlingJustaNerdling
    Reactions: 415
    edited October 2016
    My boyfriend says his didn't change either. Nexon please..
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, my name change coupon also disappeared, and my name change didn't go through.
  • AglowAglow
    edited October 2016
    GM Binotii
    Thank you for waiting. Please know that we are aware of this issue and as I am unable to provide a resolution via live chat at this time, I have gone through your ticket and I have notified the right department for your issue for a follow-up for your concern. I advise that you keep an eye on that ticket for a response for further assistance. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

bleh...
    edited October 2016
    Hopefully something is done somewhat quickly if they can. .-. There's enough bugs that have had to been dealt with since the update
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    Hi guys,

There was an issue with the name changes that we are working on a resolution for. We hope to roll out the name changes during next week's maintenance.
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hi guys,

There was an issue with the name changes that we are working on a resolution for. We hope to roll out the name changes during next week's maintenance.
    Thank you :l
  • super118super118
    Reactions: 235
    edited October 2016
    You guys are lucky. I couldn't even buy a name change coupon as for some reason, after choosing the new ign, nothing happens, it doesn't say it's successful or fail.
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited October 2016
    Same. I was so excited to see my main new name changed but still the ol one.
    The fk is going on?
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    this happened to me as well and nexon taking action and they better cuz im thier best customer -_-