[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

To those who asked for hard core server

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Posts: 256
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2019 in General Chat
To Those who always ask for a hard core server, just come and join Reboot server. Also No Pay to WIn (It is Free to Play Server ^^), so Cash won't help you much here. But after you join in, stop complaining how hard and long it is to improve. Coz it requires you 99999999999 hours of farming and grinding. Almost no shortcut to be the best. you have to grind your life here. You can't trade. You need to get most of things by yourself. Let's see if you can reach there before you quit mid game. Welcome to Hell Mode Maplestory - Reboot Server

Comments

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited February 2019
    It's funny because reboot was supposed to be the harder server. No trading, not even through storage to your own characters, mobs are stronger, more health and deal more damage, and you're at a notable disadvantage over other servers due to the lack of bonus potential and scrolls.
  • MerphistMerphist
    Reactions: 890
    Posts: 21
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    How did easy mode MapleStory get labeled as hard core server.

    Anyways first point, most people probably wouldn't complain about how long it takes to improve. Second, the definition of the "f2p" server when literally a bunch of people just go ahead and buy perm pet packages instead of waiting til they can kill HHilla (or get carried by someone else). The min level for Hard Hilla is 170, so it'd make sense to buy a perm pet package for a Kanna who's trying to get gear. Or is it normal to press the loot button off for days.

    Even in P2W servers (non-reboot), f2p is pretty viable as of now but still takes a whole load of time to fully fund themselves. Instead of farming mesos to get cubes, they'd can have the options to improve such as:

    Leveling Up -
    1. With the recent changes that have been implemented by Nexon, Elite Monsters drop Cubic Chaos Blades, Chaos Blades, Protection Scrolls, etc much more often. They can sell these drops or use them to whatever they're trying to do.

    2. They would be able to be introduced to more content on levels 200+ and can start taking advantages of the trading system by selling nodestones, and later droplets (Not sure about other non-reboot's economies).

    3. Taking advantages of the events (Should be pretty common sense)


    4. There is also the option of the professions such as mining for master craftsmen cubes.

    With all these steps in mind compared to Reboot's get a Kanna and meso farm for gear, f2p in non-Reboot is pretty much harder. You won't be able to give out the mesos you got from other characters because you can't meso farm, but get less mesos from the little meso you earn in comparison to Reboot! It takes more time in regular servers as a f2p player to improve because even with endless grinding and funding, you won't be able to progress as fast as a Reboot player as first. But then, you can go beyond what a Reboot player can go with the option of spell tracing, and scrolls.

    However contradicting what I was saying, attaining mesos for Star Force in Reboot is easier, but the items such as Gollux Rings would be hard to starforce past 17 stars. They wouldn't be attainable again if destroyed.

    Sure your gear might not be all-legendary tier potential, but it can still be all unique. With the changes in #1 from leveling up - you can buy Chaos Cubic Blades much cheaper now, but the chances of tiering up items to legendary is less than what a Red Cube would do. Also attaining enough stat to join an NLucid party is hard to progress to, as most parties would gather people around 20-25k stat, level 235, and the minimum of 540 Arcane Force. It's a little bit hard to get an Arcane Weapon in non-Reboot even with the option of trading (Not sure about other Non-Reboot servers). The time you've spent on your FIRST character will make your other characters a bit easier, but you'll have to spend about the same amount of time and effort as you did on your first character.

    Also not to mention the fact Reboot has exp rates 2.3x faster than Non-Reboot. All these things you lost was replaced with buying cubes with mesos making it f2p, but it wouldn't be as hard as playing f2p in Non-Reboot servers.

    In conclusion, progressing as F2P in Non-Reboot is more "hard core" than playing in Reboot.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Posts: 748
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's funny because reboot was supposed to be the harder server. No trading, not even through storage to your own characters, mobs are stronger, more health and deal more damage, and you're at a notable disadvantage over other servers due to the lack of bonus potential and scrolls.

    In reality because the higher HP scales with the rewards all they did was give reboot a higher growth potential. Normal servers would kill for their "harder" mobs.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Not hard enough. Reboot is still too easy.
    I won't be satisfied until I lose levels when dying.
    Need perma lab server with slightly rebalanced rules.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Posts: 748
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Not hard enough. Reboot is still too easy.

    it's not harder at all, it's easier.

  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Not hard enough. Reboot is still too easy.

    it's not harder at all, it's easier.

    Not something I disagree with.
    Honestly I'm just too lazy to check out a normal server at this point.
    I like the simplistic nature of reboot and I'd rather not have to learn a bunch of "new" systems.
    Plus Bera is laggy and I actually do like running into people.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    Posts: 381
    Member
    edited February 2019
    True hard mode is pre-bb maple 1x rates without 8-16x multiplier stacking

    pls gib old maple
    Fuhreak
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Not hard enough. Reboot is still too easy.
    I won't be satisfied until I lose levels when dying.
    Need perma lab server with slightly rebalanced rules.

    Permanent Lab server would be quite fun, but only if they stop hackers from spawning yetis everywhere.

    I wish getting into Reboot was easier but I have already invested so much on the regular servers for me to turn back.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    True hard mode is pre-bb maple 1x rates without 8-16x multiplier stacking

    While I don't want a pre-BB server, I do like how hard it was. It wasn't fun to play for most is the problem.
    It was the people who played it that made it worthwhile, not the game itself.
    MapleStory was one of the earlier MMOs to enter in the MMO craze. It was poorly designed (gameplay) and it really shows if you go backwards.
    However it was new so nobody cared. After the honeymoon phase ended most people just quit the game. This is why we have so many empty servers.
    A harder server could possibly be fun, but they need to design it in a way that it funnels people together, otherwise they'll just have the same problem that pre-bb had.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Posts: 256
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    It is harder coz pretty much there is not short cut. You can't use Cash to become strong in short time. You also can't trade and gain a huge advantage through buying and selling. on normal server, through trading, as long as people learn it, they can get a lot of mesos and buying all the equips they need and get stronger quickly. Also because normal server have all the bonus pots, the players are a lot stronger and so they can solo a lot more bosses in result bosses becomes easier to defeat. Players can easily get billions of mesos on normal server.

    On Contrast, the system in Reboot is more balance and so it result on a harder mode Maplestory. Less Shortcut, all depends on yourself. Cash can't really make you strong over a short time. Everyone is treated equally and have the same treatment to become strongest. You start as new. You can't gain a huge advantage from other players coz you can't trade. At early game, you can still ask carry from other players, but as the game progress to mid game, the bosses will become harder because in general Reboot players have no bonus pots. So reboot players maximum capability is not as high as normal server. Everything is depends on your own progress. You have to get all equips by yourself. If you boom equips, you can't just buy them instead, but you have to farm them by yourself. Self progress and self effort makes it harder. Reinforced ring, Kanna ring, Supperior Ring and Supperior earring have become a treasure in Reboot coz you can't trade them or get them 2nd time. You can't also just sell off some equips to get a lot of mesos to fund your char, but you need to farm/grind them yourself.
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    Posts: 73
    Member
    edited February 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    True hard mode is pre-bb maple 1x rates without 8-16x multiplier stacking

    pls gib old maple

    Imagine thinking Time = Difficulty
    SlicedTime
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    DarkZetta wrote: »
    ShadEight wrote: »
    True hard mode is pre-bb maple 1x rates without 8-16x multiplier stacking

    pls gib old maple

    Imagine thinking Time = Difficulty

    Mobs were more beefy and it was certainly easier to get yourself killed.
    I would have to agree and say that it wasn't really hard though, mostly just that everything took longer.
    The real "challenge" was remaining sane while playing.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    DarkZetta wrote: »
    ShadEight wrote: »
    True hard mode is pre-bb maple 1x rates without 8-16x multiplier stacking

    pls gib old maple

    Imagine thinking Time = Difficulty

    Mobs were more beefy and it was certainly easier to get yourself killed.
    I would have to agree and say that it wasn't really hard though, mostly just that everything took longer.
    The real "challenge" was remaining sane while playing.

    What makes you think mobs are any less "beefy" now? The only reason it seems that way is because they made it easier over the years to upgrade your gear. And as for it being "easier to get yourself killed", are you saying things were better when someone would have 200k to their name and having to blow almost all of that for less than 30 potions that, for their level, were effective?

    I'm with Zetta on this one, time and tedium does not amount to difficulty or challenge.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The real "challenge" was remaining sane while playing.

    Yeah, things haven't changed that much, they are just at a different place.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Posts: 256
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    I did play on pre-BB back then around 2007-2009 when there was only Explorer class. Managed to reach lv 153 ish NL if i remember correctly. But Pre-BB was nothing compare to Reboot now. It is a lot more fun, more challenge and more interesting compare to Pre-BB
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    What makes you think mobs are any less "beefy" now? The only reason it seems that way is because they made it easier over the years to upgrade your gear. And as for it being "easier to get yourself killed", are you saying things were better when someone would have 200k to their name and having to blow almost all of that for less than 30 potions that, for their level, were effective?

    I'm with Zetta on this one, time and tedium does not amount to difficulty or challenge.

    I think my meaning was lost. I agree with Zetta as well. Bad game design isn't true difficulty. It's just annoying.
    Mobs are less beefy imo due to the fact that you no longer miss, removing damage entirely.
    As for mages, if you wanted to max your MP you had to go several levels without any attacks. Even level 1 bolt/claw meant you were missing out.
    So yeah, I'd say mobs are less beefy where it counts, early game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    What makes you think mobs are any less "beefy" now? The only reason it seems that way is because they made it easier over the years to upgrade your gear. And as for it being "easier to get yourself killed", are you saying things were better when someone would have 200k to their name and having to blow almost all of that for less than 30 potions that, for their level, were effective?

    I'm with Zetta on this one, time and tedium does not amount to difficulty or challenge.

    I think my meaning was lost. I agree with Zetta as well. Bad game design isn't true difficulty. It's just annoying.
    Mobs are less beefy imo due to the fact that you no longer miss, removing damage entirely.
    As for mages, if you wanted to max your MP you had to go several levels without any attacks. Even level 1 bolt/claw meant you were missing out.
    So yeah, I'd say mobs are less beefy where it counts, early game.

    I would argue this point from the perspective of "that's a complete pain in the ass that literally no one wanted to deal with". So what better way to handle that than to remove it as a factor?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I would argue this point from the perspective of "that's a complete pain in the ass that literally no one wanted to deal with". So what better way to handle that than to remove it as a factor?
    But don't forget, pre-BB is the best version MapleStory has to offer! /s

  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Posts: 314
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Pay to win exists in Reboot too:
    Spend 110,000 NX or more and receive:

    3,000 Maple Points
    Damage Skin Random Box (open to receive one damage skin at random)
    1 Tyrant Armor Box (Lv. 150) (open to select one piece of Lv. 150 Tyrant equipment to receive. Includes either Boots, Cloak, or Belt; Tyrant Gloves not included)
    1 Fafnir Weapon Box (Lv. 150) (open to receive one Lv. 150 Fafnir weapon based on your character's class)
    MVP Special Diamond Gifts: MVP Diamond members will randomly receive four of the items below, per account per day:
    - MVP Superpower Buff: 3-day duration. When used, gives Weapon ATT/Magic ATT: +30 for 30 minutes. Tradeable within account.
    - MVP Recovery Potion (x50): 3-day duration. When used, each potion grants MaxHP/MaxMP: +10,000. Tradeable within account.
    - MVP Diamond Megaphone (x5): 3-day duration. Untradeable.
    - Unity Training Center Entrance Charm: 3-day duration. When used, lasts for 12 hours. Untradeable.
    - MVP Plus EXP Atmospheric Effect (Diamond) (x3): 3-day duration. When used, gives EXP +50% for 30 minutes. Untradeable.
    - Hyper Teleport Rock: 1-day duration. 5-minute cooldown. Untradeable.
    - MVP Mu Lung Dojo Entry Coupon: 3-day duration. Tradeable within account.
    - Diamond Monster Park REBORN Coupon (x3): 3-day duration. Tradeable within account.
    Open the Surprise Pet Box (available exclusively in Reboot world) to obtain one random pet! It contains both 90-day and permanent pets. Take home a permanent Lil Moonbeam, Persian Cat, Stickman, Bitty Bus, Bitty Pickup, Bitty Taxi, Cleric Sheep, Mage Sheep, or War Sheep.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited February 2019
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Pay to win exists in Reboot too:
    Spend 110,000 NX or more and receive:

    3,000 Maple Points
    Damage Skin Random Box (open to receive one damage skin at random)
    1 Tyrant Armor Box (Lv. 150) (open to select one piece of Lv. 150 Tyrant equipment to receive. Includes either Boots, Cloak, or Belt; Tyrant Gloves not included)
    1 Fafnir Weapon Box (Lv. 150) (open to receive one Lv. 150 Fafnir weapon based on your character's class)
    MVP Special Diamond Gifts: MVP Diamond members will randomly receive four of the items below, per account per day:
    - MVP Superpower Buff: 3-day duration. When used, gives Weapon ATT/Magic ATT: +30 for 30 minutes. Tradeable within account.
    - MVP Recovery Potion (x50): 3-day duration. When used, each potion grants MaxHP/MaxMP: +10,000. Tradeable within account.
    - MVP Diamond Megaphone (x5): 3-day duration. Untradeable.
    - Unity Training Center Entrance Charm: 3-day duration. When used, lasts for 12 hours. Untradeable.
    - MVP Plus EXP Atmospheric Effect (Diamond) (x3): 3-day duration. When used, gives EXP +50% for 30 minutes. Untradeable.
    - Hyper Teleport Rock: 1-day duration. 5-minute cooldown. Untradeable.
    - MVP Mu Lung Dojo Entry Coupon: 3-day duration. Tradeable within account.
    - Diamond Monster Park REBORN Coupon (x3): 3-day duration. Tradeable within account.
    Open the Surprise Pet Box (available exclusively in Reboot world) to obtain one random pet! It contains both 90-day and permanent pets. Take home a permanent Lil Moonbeam, Persian Cat, Stickman, Bitty Bus, Bitty Pickup, Bitty Taxi, Cleric Sheep, Mage Sheep, or War Sheep.

    I'm going to ignore mvp, because that whole system is a farce meant to make people spend more money.

    The first and second parts, however, are more paying for convenience than anything. The point with reboot is that progression items, cubes and circulators and the like, are not locked behind a paywall.