[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

About the Reboot and Bera Extra Channel Removal.

ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
Reactions: 1,330
Posts: 111
Member
edited April 2019 in General Chat
(Even tho this is kinda of a Rant, Im going to be mature)
Well I want to say it very Annoying and without Warning. Many Players, in Reboot are pretty Angry and upset about this,Myself included.I feel like this is out of place and without warning cause Many of the Players in Reboot will be more Toxic. I'm not going to bash nexon or anyone in charge, It would be very useful to Warn us ahead of time and tell us why this is happening.

Please again be mature and Tell us your Opinions
darik

Comments

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2019
    My only guess right now is that it might've had something to do with server stability.

    I am, however, keenly interested in the memo that @Ghiblee said is coming sometime this week.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited April 2019
    soon tm

    I could be wrong but I believe KMS also expanded and later in reduced again (channels)
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited April 2019
    Maybe having those extra channels was starting to become expensive to maintain?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Posts: 748
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Maybe having those extra channels was starting to become expensive to maintain?

    That can't be true, there's entire servers that are redundant that they refuse to merge.
    Fuhreakdarik
  • InovamedInovamed
    Reactions: 675
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited April 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Maybe having those extra channels was starting to become expensive to maintain?
    Yeah, there's something like atleast 10 worlds just standing there on the list of worlds when you login, which are all empty and dead and no one cares about them and they're still running.
    darik
  • InovamedInovamed
    Reactions: 675
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    My only guess right now is that it might've had something to do with server stability.

    I am, however, keenly interested in the memo that @Ghiblee said is coming sometime this week.
    Where was that taken from?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,865
    Posts: 6,272
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Inovamed wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    My only guess right now is that it might've had something to do with server stability.

    I am, however, keenly interested in the memo that @Ghiblee said is coming sometime this week.
    Where was that taken from?

    reddit
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Inovamed wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    My only guess right now is that it might've had something to do with server stability.

    I am, however, keenly interested in the memo that @Ghiblee said is coming sometime this week.
    Where was that taken from?

    reddit

    More specifically, Ghiblee's comment history
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2019
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,725
    Posts: 118
    Member
    edited April 2019
    A non-server related problem with reducing the channels on the populated servers, is that it restricts more players from getting a map. Letting 30 people get a good training map is better than only 20 people getting a good training map. Reducing the number of channels forces people to "hold" maps more often, give those maps only to guild members, etc etc.
    darik
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited April 2019
    Well here's the thing they think it's about the mass servers causing the lags, but I been lagging in Muto so bad I get stuck in water and can't move the whole run. The ch's isn't the issue something in the game is causing it doesn't know if someone hacking or if there a bug in the game but the number of ch's are 100%, not the cause. I would have sent a ticket but I prob won't even get heard so I left it alone but yea it's not the ch's.
    darik
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    Posts: 381
    Member
    edited April 2019
    So it came down to 'we made our servers better in case of big events therefore 20 channels'.

    is this going to impress anyone?
    darik
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited April 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    So it came down to 'we made our servers better in case of big events therefore 20 channels'.

    is this going to impress anyone?

    nope not at all
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    riza wrote: »
    I would have sent a ticket but I prob won't even get heard so I left it alone but yea it's not the ch's.
    Nexon cannot know there is a problem if nobody reports it. Stop giving up so easily.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited April 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    riza wrote: »
    I would have sent a ticket but I prob won't even get heard so I left it alone but yea it's not the ch's.
    Nexon cannot know there is a problem if nobody reports it. Stop giving up so easily.

    Give up? whos been vocal about this issue and most issues to the point of banishment? I say most issue's need, someone, who can get the information across with the right platform and person. I think in ms2 that person been cuddles, but rn still waiting on ms1 to have a voice to do it. The thing is reporting an issue is fine but actually doing something about it is another issue. ch issue has been an issue starting since last October which it been bad, along with the other issue. But not all of them are being taken care of or on the to-do list from how it seems. The thing is players are getting frustrated as we invested a lot into this, and need the product to work. I'm not saying for crazy changes but something that can at least stop the lags and fix issues that been issues that exceeded a year. That's not a lot to ask but like I said what's the point of talking to a wall if all I'm going to do is stare at nothing getting done. I saw savage ace video a bit but like I said need to see results been 3 years.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    @riza
    If Nexon is aware of the issue, regardless of what people think, they actually are going to do something about it.
    Ignoring it is one of those options, but if enough people voice concern about it then they will be forced to address it.
    A loud voice does not mean it is the voice of many. You need numbers not volume to get Nexon's attention.

    This is why actually broken content goes ignored, because nobody cares about it. (Alishan, looking at you.)
    While content that is working fine, like Kanna, gets addressed. Because people actually care about the 2PC meta.
    Just because you are vocal to the point of banishment doesn't mean people agree with you or are voicing the same concerns.

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited April 2019
    riza wrote: »
    whos been vocal about this issue and most issues to the point of banishment?.

    Who sang their own unwarranted praise across numerous threads even after being told to stop?
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 584
    Member
    edited April 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    @riza
    If Nexon is aware of the issue, regardless of what people think, they actually are going to do something about it.
    Ignoring it is one of those options, but if enough people voice concern about it then they will be forced to address it.
    A loud voice does not mean it is the voice of many. You need numbers not volume to get Nexon's attention.

    This is why actually broken content goes ignored, because nobody cares about it. (Alishan, looking at you.)
    While content that is working fine, like Kanna, gets addressed. Because people actually care about the 2PC meta.
    Just because you are vocal to the point of banishment doesn't mean people agree with you or are voicing the same concerns.

    I think that isn't true many people were able to voice their opinion without needing a mass number of people, Jesus, Mlk, Malcolm x, Susan b Anthony, rosa parks, and many awesome people. To the point of them, being name called and shun and even silenced. The thing is if you want to change something you have to suffer consequences for it as if you believe in it a lot you would be willing to do so like the names I mention. We had other great maplers like Lucsean and others who done the same who was also one of our great veteran maplers, "was honored to voice chat with him lmao" But yea we need more voices here to bring up different concerns and keep the fight going to make maple great again.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    riza wrote: »
    whos been vocal about this issue and most issues to the point of banishment?.

    Who sang their own unwarranted praise across numerous threads even after being told to stop?

    I think you did lol, I have seen on Reddit an old and amazing member of dragon tribe saw you were doing that and gave you positive words and was routing you on :D but yea we need to keep the focus on the topics at hand and keep the good ol fight going