[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Leap Event

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    They could make a small tree on the world select (although this would add an extra click)
    <Alliance name> when clicked shows the sub worlds

<MYBCKN>
    -Bellocan
    -Mardia
    -Chaos
    -Kradia
    -Yellonde
    -Nova

I also wonder if they should combine the rankings of alliance worlds. After all it's really just one world with multiple access points.

(If) it's really a problem for players to make characters in multiple worlds this could also be solved fairly easily. Only show the main world unless characters already exist in other sub worlds - then show them as well.
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    TheHoA wrote: »
    Umm, according to the kms event info, there was supposed to be a world leap event when the Black Mage patch started. So I honestly don't know if we'll EVER GET ANYMORE world leap events if GMS is even skipping the ones kms schedules.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2018/06/21/kms-ver-1-2-297-maplestory-black-mage-gathering-of-heroes/

latest one in kms which I still doubt we'll get. https://orangemushroom.net/2019/01/09/kms-ver-1-2-311-maplestory-adventure-momentum/

KMS has completely different world population issues, and their frequent World Leap events are intended to solve them.

For GMS, a World Leap event might solve the problems for specific people who are currently crying "My world is too empty, let me go to Bera!" or "Get me out of laggy bot-infested Bera!", but it will exacerbate the problems for those who choose to stay in their current worlds, and those who happen to be on a break when the event is held.
    In my opinion, we need to first reorganize our NA non-Reboot worlds into 2 or 3 alliances, and only then hold a World Leap.

Nexon is still looking into the best way to go about solving the GMS world population issues. Copying KMS events willy-nilly is definitely not it.

AKradian wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Alliances were, in my opinion, the worst mistake nexon's ever made with regards to server populations. Now you have 14 worlds that might be a 60/40 split between players and mules. And it's been so long that people are happily established in their mule hoards and are resistant to any changes that would hinder that.

If they're going to do anything, they need to consolidate all of the alliance-world characters to the root server(galacia, mardia, broa) before stripping out all but those three from the world select list. I still point to jms for how they could go about it. If I recall correctly, jms crammed everyone's characters onto a single world, going far beyond the world character cap in some cases, while not returning any slots of deleted characters above the cap.

World alliances were the stupidest way to solve population decline that they could have chosen, and now people are so established that the only way to even remotely do anything is to further shoot themselves in the collective foot.

Even though I play in a world alliance, all my characters in the MYBCKN alliance are in Kradia.
    The whole "alliances promote exploits" notion, advanced by some people who think they're outsmarting the system by playing characters in multiple worlds in the same alliance, is foolish. Using multiple accounts in the same world, rather than multiple worlds in the same account, is much more "exploitable". You can get Gift Drop (giftbox notifier) rewards more than once, and if you have more than one computer you can even do two or more attendances at the same time. And this is something people can do equally easily in non-allied worlds.

I don't know how JMS did their world merges, but I saw what happened to EMS Kradia and Demethos when they became Luna. Like with a world leap, people lost guilds, alliances, buddy lists, marriages. People got all sorts of glitches, like not being able to add character slots even though they were nowhere near the cap.
    It's a recipe for trouble.
    If they merge worlds again, I expect we'd lose Legion, Monster Collection, Achievements, and other "per world" content. Storage and Cash Storage may or may not overflow and glitch.
    It's not a gameplay issue but a technical issue I'm concerned with. I feel a lot more confident that Nexon can pull off another alliance without breaking much, than a merge.

there's no exploiting of the current world alliance, whatever is in the gift icon can be grabbed only once, you can choose which *World * you want that's it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2019
    Not gonna quote the post above, but the abuse comes in the form of attendance events that are "per world". EX: You can do an attendance on both Galicia and Renegades and then you basically got the reward twice. So basically people on GRAZED or MYBCKN can have attendance mules at 33 and then farm/leech kills for the rewards on each world.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2019
    Monster collection is shared per alliance. Skills such as Blessing of the Fairy are also this category as well. Aside from attendance madness, each world in the alliance has its own reward purchase limit. Players in GRAZED and MYBCKN have access to up to 30 of each cube by buying 5 cubes from each world.

I would hate to lose this opportunity if Nexon goes merge instead of alliance.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Not gonna quote the post above, but the abuse comes in the form of attendance events that are "per world". EX: You can do an attendance on both Galicia and Renegades and then you basically got the reward twice. So basically people on GRAZED or MYBCKN can have attendance mules at 33 and then farm/leech kills for the rewards on each world.
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Monster collection is shared per alliance. Skills such as Blessing of the Fairy are also this category as well. Aside from attendance madness, each world in the alliance has its own reward purchase limit. Players in GRAZED and MYBCKN have access to up to 30 of each cube by buying 5 cubes from each world.

Both these things could easily be done by multiple accounts on the same world.
    You can do attendance on two accounts, or a dozen, and get the reward twice, or a dozen times.
    You can have 10 accounts and buy 50 of each cube from the Rewards Shop.
    And you get the added benefit of getting multiple "once per account" gifts.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

This is why I don't agree with world alliances. Because I would love to see this opportunity removed.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2019
    STILL LEGIT My attendance will just be longer for same mediocre rewards.

Why do you even care when you are in Bera?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    @Akradian
    That is true, but it's also a lot easier to log onto different worlds than to make new accounts and relog those. It's more casual, so to speak.
    By the same logic you can also multiply those "exploited" gains if an allianced world player makes several accounts for the same reasons.
  • YeaYea
    Reactions: 310
    When will there be a world leap event? Mybckn is dead as ever. Gear is near impossible to find. Let us move to other servers please and thank you.

P.s I’ll spend more money on the game if this ever happenes. Not wasting my time with this dead server.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Msea is merging a big alliance of theirs and seem to have the kinks more or less figured out.
    http://www.maplesea.com/news/view/v185_draco/
    Fuhreak
  • XemplarXemplar
    Reactions: 100
    i posted a ticket about World Leap and i had no luck with that lol
  • YeaYea
    Reactions: 310
    edited April 2019
    Xemplar wrote: »
    i posted a ticket about World Leap and i had no luck with that lol

I tried doing this as well. No luck on my end. We just have to wait for the next World Leap Event. Which better be soon because I keep seeing people quit on Bellocan. Everyone will be gone if they don't allow us to move.
    Reasons for Nexon to allow us to move worlds.
    Reason#1: lack of players
    Reason#2: lack of items
    Don't need another reason.
  • XemplarXemplar
    Reactions: 100
    edited April 2019
    Anyone notice people with the Immigrant tag when scrolling through Bera's rankings? So are people being allowed to transfer?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Xemplar wrote: »
    Anyone notice people with the Immigrant tag when scrolling through Bera's rankings? So are people being allowed to transfer?

Nope. You'd hear more about it if that were the case. The more likely scenario is these people moved into bera the last time transfers were open.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Nah the immigration tag is from the old transfers (coupon transfers via maintenance). They don't add the tag on anymore, and haven't done so during the leap events. Unsure when it stopped, but it was probably even before the coupons were removed.
  • anubis42anubis42
    Reactions: 945
    edited May 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They could make a small tree on the world select (although this would add an extra click)
    <Alliance name> when clicked shows the sub worlds

<MYBCKN>
    -Bellocan
    -Mardia
    -Chaos
    -Kradia
    -Yellonde
    -Nova

I also wonder if they should combine the rankings of alliance worlds. After all it's really just one world with multiple access points.

(If) it's really a problem for players to make characters in multiple worlds this could also be solved fairly easily. Only show the main world unless characters already exist in other sub worlds - then show them as well.

No, we only neeed and want 2 big worlds, Bera and Reboot.

My friends in Bera called it (Bera) "emptiness", it's very empty in Bera, therefore we must have only 2 big worlds, Bera and Reboot!
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited May 2019
    Lateral thinking here, wouldn't improving the game and enticing new users benefit the population issue more? Even if you reduced the worlds to Bera and Reboot, there has to be a reason why GMS numbers are low in the first place, right?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    Lateral thinking here, wouldn't improving the game and enticing new users benefit the population issue more? Even if you reduced the worlds to Bera and Reboot, there has to be a reason why GMS numbers are low in the first place, right?

Yeah, because people move on. They don't have the time commitment for games like this anymore. I certainly don't have ten hours a day to spend grinding mushrooms anymore, do you? And I guarantee I'm far from the only one.