[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Afterlands Last Key?

piercedfreakpiercedfreak
Reactions: 1,000
edited October 2016 in General Chat
has anyone actually gotten it? ive seen a few different ways said to get it, but none of them work.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    I'm in the same boat. Tried something that was said on the subreddit, no dice. Currently bugging support via a ticket to see if I'm not doing something right or if the final key's quest trigger is broken.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2016
    Supposedly if you don't do the Treasure Sack's quest (which has no light bulb) before a certain point, you can no longer do it, making the quest line unable to be completed.
    deadend5193
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    GREAT
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited October 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

Supposedly if you don't do the Treasure Sack's quest (which has no light bulb) before a certain point, you can no longer do it, making the quest line unable to be completed.
    But I've tried clicking the Treasure Sack before I broke the wall. Heck, I've clicked it as early as right after talking to Noel to receive my first quest in the Land of Riches ever and I didn't get any kind of quest. To reiterate, absolutely zilch happened when I clicked it :/
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    So yesterday the treasure sack quest wouldn't work at all for me but just now, using my Demon's jump and mashing the spacebar like before, I was able to start the quest. I haven't finished it yet, but like people have said no light bulb or anything appears on the sack or anyone, before or during the quest.

Edit: And this is one of the last two keys I need, so it doesn't appear to be locked out by not doing it first.

Edit 2: Lightbulbs do seem to appear as you progress through the questline, just not at the beginning it seems...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    emperor52
    emperor52 said:

So yesterday the treasure sack quest wouldn't work at all for me but just now, using my Demon's jump and mashing the spacebar like before, I was able to start the quest. I haven't finished it yet, but like people have said no light bulb or anything appears on the sack or anyone, before or during the quest.
    I've actually stood up there spamming NPC chat and I get nothing.
  • emperor52emperor52
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

emperor52
    emperor52 said:

I've actually stood up there spamming NPC chat and I get nothing.
    I did the exact same thing constantly yesterday and it never worked. Just decided to try today and the quest happened to start. Idk if it matters but it's night time and the weather is clear.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016

I mean, what the hell else am I supposed to do at this point?
  • emperor52emperor52
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Have you tried clicking around Louie too? I was jumping up and down in that whole area between him and the sack so I don't know exactly where the quest started.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    I've clicked the hell out of a whole lotta crap in there. I've jumped all over the place(thank you, Evan vertical jump) spamming NPC chat. Nothing.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    I'm stuck too. If anyone figures it out, seriously, I would love to know. I've tried storm, rain, day, and night, nothing.

Double for the statue, I can't get it to throw the spear.
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

I've clicked the hell out of a whole lotta crap in there. I've jumped all over the place(thank you, Evan vertical jump) spamming NPC chat. Nothing.
    Same, ive clicked everywhere on every map, and nothing. Ive tried, day, night, rain, thunder, you name it....
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    I know the people that tested the content cleared it and got the keys, so I'll ask them when I get a chance.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

I know the people that tested the content cleared it and got the keys, so I'll ask them when I get a chance.

Some people have mentioned that if you don't do the bit with the treasure sack before breaking down the wall, that it breaks the process.
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2016
    Neospector

I'm stuck too. If anyone figures it out, seriously, I would love to know. I've tried storm, rain, day, and night, nothing.

It's apparently used in the Gold Sack quest from what I've heard.

• MikeoMikeo
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    Almost feel like the quest is like character to character, sometimes the quest is available and sometimes it isn't?
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    I can't finish it. It's ridiculous. The other quest won't start if u haven't finished the previous one ( lik e that tombstone guy one. ) . The other quest should not be able to start if u haven't done the Treasure sack thing. No I can't finish the quest, except Nexon did something about this.

PS. I have tried using flying mount, and my pets stood on a small platform. But it didn't work for me. I fell down directly. And i have tried to eat the gold chocolate from Joel. And click it, but still nothing. Tried to shake the ground..and still nothing.. meh
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

Neospector

It's apparently used in the Gold Sack quest from what I've heard.

No, I know the spear is used in the sack quest. MegaScience mentioned that he was able to launch the spear, and that it landed in the land of riches, where you have to retrieve it. I just don't know how to launch the spear.

Everyone seems to be tripping up on this quest, though. Only a handful of people have been able to do it and none of them really recall the exact conditions under which they did it.
  • MikeoMikeo
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    I just wanna know what's behind that door. ;~;
    Please send help
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited October 2016
    Umm I'm stuck on the 3rd key so you guys seem to be doing better than me LOL!