[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cadena vs AB

huaq1Nhuaq1N
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
which one is better? which one is more fun too

Comments

• Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2019
    Cadena is better in every possible way. Just ignore people who say she's button smash character. Her control is not even that hard once you play her for a little and learn some skill cancel combos, which adds a lot of fun. But she's most likely to get nerfed down in the future.
    Play AB if you're a weeb in need of wifu XD
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2019
    AB is overall stronger in bossing than Cadena. Cadena is a moving character imo, and animation cancelling can be frustrating if you are a new player or just not into that. AB is also very mobile with the best FJ in the game. So I say AB.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Cadena is better in every possible way. Just ignore people who say she's button smash character. Her control is not even that hard once you play her for a little and learn some skill cancel combos, which adds a lot of fun. But she's most likely to get nerfed down in the future.
    Play AB if you're a weeb in need of wifu XD

giphy.gif

And you need to stop spouting off as if it's a fact. Also, you're playing an anime mushroom game and calling one facet of it weeb, take a step back and get some introspection.

@huaq1N: AB is a bit of a glass cannon sort of class, her skills have very few lines but high damage percentages. She's also a fairly simplistic class to play, once you hit 4th job and max your skills you can basically get away with two skills for most of your needs.

On the other hand, cadena requires you to use pretty much every attacking skill from first job and up in order to maintain a passive buff that adds a not-insignificant chunk to your damage output. Most skills force movement, meaning part of their regular animation is flinging you in one direction or another. Very handy for mobbing in most maps, but an absolute liability in bosses. Animation canceling allows you to remain stationary while using all of your skills that would ordinarily be launching you hither and yon. If that sort of thing intrigues you, try it out and see how you like it. If it's something you'd prefer to avoid, then I would say go with AB. The best advice I can give you is to simply try out both and see which one you like more. There's a burning event going on right now, where you get two extra levels per level-up starting from level 10(level up from 10 to 11, get two free levels to put you at level 13). I'm not entirely certain but I think they finally fixed it to where you can safely delete and recreate burning characters without consequence, so this would be the perfect chance to try out both of them, access their full basic skill kits and see which one feels more comfortable or enjoyable to you. The only thing you need to be aware of beforehand is that once you pass level 33, there'll be a 24-hour waiting period before you can fully delete the character.

Further, asking which class is "better" or "more fun" isn't the best way to go about things. There are more than likely things that I enjoy, things I have fun with, that you find absolutely unbearable. The point is, fun is subjective, "better" doesn't really matter as long as you have something you can enjoy playing. And it's not like there's a concrete endgame class meta, every class is viable in endgame with enough work.
    Fuhreak
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Jett.
    Kuronekonova
  • addictedaddicted
    Reactions: 600
    edited May 2019
    If you're thinking about big damage numbers and easier to play = AB.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited May 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Also, you're playing an anime mushroom game and calling one facet of it weeb, take a step back and get some introspection.
    LMAO. I had a very strong feeling that my favorite little snowflake is going to show up, guns blazing and get triggered by a joke again when I wrote the reply. "You're playing an anime mushroom game and calling one facet of it weeb." Oh wow!!!! You're soooo right~~~. Why would I do that??? It can't possibly because it's a joke referencing the fact that AB is one of a couple female characters in the game that people refer to as "the best girl" and "ma wifu" or anything. No, no way. It must be my lack of "introspection" lol.
    Here. Put this on your shopping list.

Mod Note: Image removed due to inappropriate content.

Helpful tip: when it ends with xD, it's mostly jokes.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    Are you done making a mess of this thread?
    Fuhreak
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited May 2019
    huaq1N wrote: »
    which one is better? which one is more fun too

Both Cadena and AB are great, but go with Cadena. She's just more fun to play with since good hand control is needed and her hand control is not even that hard once you play for a bit. It's so fun once you get hang of her cancel combos and when you do, you can use whole bunch of them practically in boss runs, and it makes things so much fun. AB, on the other hand, is also strong but her dmg cycle is rather very simplistic, so it can get boring. AB also requires you to waste a lot of resources such as legion blocks, hyper stats and inner ability on crit rate to get it to 100% (her base crit rate is only 30%), so if you lack legion level and honor exp, it's gonna be a bit tricky to get crit rate to 100%. One downside with Cadena is that you need to be high level to equip all the skill enhancement cores, but dmg% of her skills are already very high and you can divide her skill cores into bossing and mobbing focus cores, so it won't hinder you from leveling up or bossing even when you're low level. Both classes are great in terms of dmg, but Cadena has high # of hits (especially # of hits from combos are just incredible) so she's gonna be better in terms of endgame limitation cap. Cadena's party synergy is also decent because she's got a link skill that increases dmg when bosses have any kind of abnormal status or debuffs.
    One big downside for both jobs is that both jobs' weapons are class specific weapons and are lacking in supplies, so......yeah....
    Also be careful if you choose to go with Cadena, because like the penquinz0 said, she's likely to get nerfed. KMS players consider Cadena as one of the most op jobs already. HOWEVER, I'm thinking she's won't get nerfed any time soon and it won't be that bad even when she does, because # of people maining Cadena is low due to people fearing so called "button smashing"
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited May 2019

But it's you, as always, who instigated everything lol. Looks like you're the one who needs introspection
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited May 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    It can't possibly because it's a joke referencing the fact that AB is one of a couple female characters in the game that people refer to as "the best girl" and "ma wifu" or anything. No, no way. It must be my lack of "introspection" lol.

Not to mention the fact that AB is a character whose entire concept is literally based on "mahou shoujo" and also have a god dam mascot as her new 5th job skill lol. Yeah that dude doesn't know jokes, but hey~ at least he knows how to post stale memes. That's something right?
    Penguinz0
  • KuronekonovaKuronekonova
    Reactions: 795
    edited May 2019
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Jett.

the worst class in the game. very squishy and weak.
    dont play jett
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited May 2019
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Jett.

the worst class in the game. very squishy and weak.
    dont play jett

Wrong. Jett is the chosen one. His true power and capacity is beyond anything that mere mortals can comprehend. He's so powerful that he can one tap black mage and Darmoor with just a basic attack if you use him right.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Angelic Buster feels slower, but less complex. As others said, Cadena is a more complex character.
    Cadena has a lot of control over her placement. With so many movement skills she can make some pretty fine adjustments to the position she's in.
    Personally I like Cadena more, but AB can be fun too if I'm feeling like it.

This video has a lot of excellent control by Cadena.

Here's another video for AB, to be fair to her.

ShokunKaYo wrote: »

But it's you, as always, who instigated everything lol. Looks like you're the one who needs introspection

Trolling does not have to be responded to. You can simply ignore it and look to the rest of his post, which actually stays on topic.
    Where as the reply to his post does not.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Angelic buster main who also used to main cadena is here.

Basically they are both good

Cadena requires comboing but her damager output gets increased massively.
    She is fun but your fingers could hurt after a while and you have to constantly refresh muscle memory.
    She is pretty good in mobbing, she is also good in bossing but only when you know how to cancel with her chain grab skill.
    She is kinda squishy but mobility on fleek.

Angelic buster is pretty simple, she skills with high damage but not many lines.
    She uses the recharge system which messes you up between lvl 1 -100 but once you get affinity 4 and max it, recharge is no problem.
    Defense wise
    Hmmm
    Without her shield she a dead girl, with her shield most of the damage is reduced .
    AB is one of the best mobbing classes due to all her full screen attacks and celestial roar. Also her mobility is the best too.
    Bossing is good too but trinity is slow since its server sided and constantly fails recharge causing a delay. Expert soul seeker supports her bossing alot tho.
    You save alot of money for not buying mp potions.

I'd say AB is better tho cause one of her 5th job skills gives you invisibility and also an other one boosts your damage.

scholar624SlicedTimeFuhreak
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited May 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Angelic Buster feels slower, but less complex. As others said, Cadena is a more complex character.
    Cadena has a lot of control over her placement. With so many movement skills she can make some pretty fine adjustments to the position she's in.
    Personally I like Cadena more, but AB can be fun too if I'm feeling like it.

This video has a lot of excellent control by Cadena.

Here's another video for AB, to be fair to her.

ShokunKaYo wrote: »

Trolling does not have to be responded to. You can simply ignore it and look to the rest of his post, which actually stays on topic.
    Where as the reply to his post does not.

Lol ok next time I'll respond to trolling (not really trolling lol, the kid just didnt get the joke) with little "stay on topic" stuff attached at the end. If the other guy responds to the trolling part, he's the bad guy right? XD
    And you should tell this to Aggraphine instead since he's the one who got triggered by a joke and started barking. Tell him to ignore "trolling" lol