[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Equipment Drop Rate Obscurity

PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
Reactions: 1,280
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Scania Here.

How does the drop work? I'm not asking for a percentage table or something like that. I wanted to know what influences the drop rates, specifically on equipment.

Me and a friend were trying to farm an item X that isn't shown on Crusader Codex. I was with an Aran lv 205, and he was with a Paladin lv 202. I used Lucky Winter (2x) and Greed Pendant (20% equip) to farm for some time (30 min or more) and my friend did the same,, but he only had a Big Spider, and he tried for more time. I got nothing, and he got the item X when he was about to quit. We also tested dropping the item with beginner characters, and it was a lot easier to drop (I managed to drop the Item X in 15 minutes).

There's RNG, but I think we might be onto something. Does the level / class of the character influence the drop? (The Item X is not in the Crusader Codex, and the monster doesn't have a "Lv X equipment" in the drop table as well).

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited May 2019
    Level and class does not affect drop rate of items that show up in the codex.

Some other mechanic handles the Lv 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100/110/120/130/140 equipment drops that does not show up in codex. Your class does influence this, as it is programmed to drop an
    Lv X equipment (where X is the level of the monster rounded down by tens) of the killer class.

For example, warrior equipment will drop majority of the time when you kill monster as a warrior, thief equipment will drop majority of the time when you kill monster as a thief.
    PlasmaBean
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    Best advice I can give is for you to disregard any sort of drop information given by the crusader codex. It's so woefully out of date it's not even funny. And unfortunately, for every single one of us, there's nothing quite as thorough as the old hidden-street site once was.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited May 2019
    I've been hunting some -aesthetic- equips using the codex and the outdated hiddenstreet websites (the oldest one, the second oldest one doesn't seem as accurate). They're both just not updated enough. Luckily, someone made a list to find such some interesting stuff, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11eFk1dwuCEPg7x3RDEAKgOtd-QN6D8GeCjuxHZMXRzI/edit
    SlicedTimePlasmaBeanAggraphine
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited May 2019
    I've been hunting some -aesthetic- equips using the codex and the outdated hiddenstreet websites (the oldest one, the second oldest one doesn't seem as accurate). They're both just not updated enough. Luckily, someone made a list to find such some interesting stuff, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11eFk1dwuCEPg7x3RDEAKgOtd-QN6D8GeCjuxHZMXRzI/edit

That's a gold mine you have there, thank you for sharing :DDD