[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else got banned?

anubis421anubis421
Reactions: 710
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Luckily I'm fine but two members from our guild got banned, is ban wave going out right now or something? did it happen to anyone else?

Comments

• DuskGuardDuskGuard
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited May 2019
    Good luck to your guild members. There was another thread about this a few days ago, and many more before that. From what I've seen, if your guild members were legit it can take anywhere from 4-6 months for them to get unbanned... Inexperienced support agents often give you the typical "our system is perfect and you were detected hacking" speech, at which point you will need to request a senior agent, who usually has a several month backlog.

So yeah...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    DuskGuard wrote: »
    Good luck to your guild members. There was another thread about this a few days ago, and many more before that. From what I've seen, if your guild members were legit it can take anywhere from 4-6 months for them to get unbanned... Inexperienced support agents often give you the typical "our system is perfect and you were detected hacking" speech, at which point you will need to request a senior agent, who usually has a several month backlog.

So yeah...

It's not so much inexperienced, more that the majority of the support staff who answer tickets are farmed out to a third party and they have a list of prepared responses for a number of things that they're required to adhere to. You could probably argue poor training, given that their "looking into the matter further" basically dead-ends at checking whatever the system flagged the account for and determining that to be correct.
    DuskGuard
  • Xemon88Xemon88
    Reactions: 900
    edited May 2019
    i was just blocked by the maple police in monster park for who knows what so hope i don't end up with a ban. years ago i remember people getting banned because of lag so guess i wouldn't be suprised
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    Xemon88 wrote: »
    i was just blocked by the maple police in monster park for who knows what so hope i don't end up with a ban. years ago i remember people getting banned because of lag so guess i wouldn't be suprised

That's nothing more than a disconnect message. What it actually is, is your client slipped out-of-sync with the server, desync in fewer words, and so the server sees this as potentially suspicious and boots you off just in case. That's all, just a simple disconnect message. It has never once foreshadowed a ban. They really need to do something, though, about the damn message that pops up because it scares twelve distinct colors of hell out of people.
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited May 2019

Yeah, I also think it's related to lags.
    Aggraphine wrote: »

So yeah...

It's not so much inexperienced, more that the majority of the support staff who answer tickets are farmed out to a third party and they have a list of prepared responses for a number of things that they're required to adhere to. You could probably argue poor training, given that their "looking into the matter further" basically dead-ends at checking whatever the system flagged the account for and determining that to be correct.

Wait, so you're saying maple days for those guys are over?

So yeah...

Wow, is that for real?
  • AlexUshimatoAlexUshimato
    Reactions: 770
    edited May 2019
    Nexon can be pretty bad sometimes about banning and unbanning legit players. Assuming your guildmates weren’t actually hacking or botting, hopefully if they put in tickets this can be resolved sooner rather than later.

If anything, the hardest part is trying to figure out the WHY of it, seeing as like DuskGuard said, most of the time they only tell you that you were “detected hacking” when it could be a bad connection or just a false positive...
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2019
    Essential tools for nx's ban wave
    -Ban hammer
    -Blindfold
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited May 2019
    Nexon can be pretty bad sometimes about banning and unbanning legit players.

If anything, the hardest part is trying to figure out the WHY of it, seeing as like DuskGuard said, most of the time they only tell you that you were “detected hacking” when it could be a bad connection or just a false positive...

Exactly.
    You said it right.
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Essential tools for nx's ban wave
    -Ban hammer
    -Blindfold

Very true.
    Hopefully I'll get my account as soon as possible.

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited May 2019
    I was banned for 2 months last year starting in late January because I leveled to fast on my Blaze Wizard during a 2x weekend in December of the previous year... Sometimes they don't ban right away for something their system said you did. I was treated very badly by the support staff until they realized that it was a mistake that affected many people. I actually set off their ban system while I was in Monster Park and that is really silly because monster park is a set amount of exp and you have like infinite chances to get it right. So keep contacting the support staff every few weeks to ask if anything has changed and hope that they don't ban you from the ticket system. If it really is a mistake all you can hope it that so many people are hit by it that they cannot ignore it.
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited May 2019

Yeah, I also think it's related to lags.
    Aggraphine wrote: »

So yeah...

Wait, so you're saying maple days for those guys are over?

So yeah...

Wow, is that for real?

I can't confirm this based off personal experience, but from what I've seen on the boards, many people get banned, post a forum about it and constantly update it over several months, and eventually get unbanned.