[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

maplestory doesn't launch after i press play

xNyanCatxNyanCat
Reactions: 300
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
when i press play in the nexon launcher it changes to currently in game and then the ngs pops up but after that nothing happens
and the currently in game button goes back to saying play

Comments

• StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited March 2017
    I had this issue aswell, not sure if my solution which i foud will help u but:
    Press windows button together with R.
    Then write 'regedit' and enter.
    Search for SoScreenMode and swap it from 0-1 towards 3. Then try again.

Goodluck
  • DKDragonDKDragon
    Reactions: 315
    edited March 2017
    Stéphy wrote: »
    I had this issue aswell, not sure if my solution which i foud will help u but:
    Press windows button together with R.
    Then write 'regedit' and enter.
    Search for SoScreenMode and swap it from 0-1 towards 3. Then try again.

Goodluck

I have the same issue as well and this didn't work for me. Do you think there are other solution to this problem? Nothing happens when I clicked play.
  • MaverickRedMaverickRed
    Reactions: 800
    edited March 2017
    I'm also having the same issue as the thread owner, I press play but nothing comes up.
  • DKDragonDKDragon
    Reactions: 315
    edited March 2017
    Solution is to kill maplestory.exe in task manager. Then restart launcher and press play. Worked for me!
    JettLuvsUx0Taz0x
  • x0Taz0xx0Taz0x
    Reactions: 440
    edited March 2017
    DKDragon wrote: »
    Solution is to kill maplestory.exe in task manager. Then restart launcher and press play. Worked for me!

That worked, thank you. After 11 years of the SOS from these people, I have quit spending hours hunting solutions to their screw ups. As usual, I got the answer from a fellow player, instead of the ones screwing up my game play. Now, when they screw up the game, I just stay away a couple of days, losing and hot time, attendance, etc., I can kiss the Upot goodbye. LOL. Yet, they wonder why I advise anyone I talk to not to even get involved in the game. Thanks again mate, enjoy your playing. I might even get my Meister back lol
    darik
  • CyraneCyrane
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017

Thank you so much! It works!
  • IchigoBuniiIchigoBunii

what do u mean by kill the maplestory.exe? like removed it? i dont understand
  • LoyeenLoyeen
    Reactions: 200
    I have the same problem but it's still not working
  • lucaborgatofitlucaborgatofit
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2018
    xNyanCat wrote: »
    when i press play in the nexon launcher it changes to currently in game and then the ngs pops up but after that nothing happens
    and the currently in game button goes back to saying play

same..

unfortunately my maplestory does not really want to open, I've tried everything, including everything in the forum, I do not know what to do, practically giving up
  • AmitD9876AmitD9876
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2019
    happend to me too, nothing works