[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Merge FAQ

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Hello Maplers!

Feel free to post your questions concerning the World Merge here! :)

Please read our World Merge FAQ post before asking your questions! :D
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/49523/world-merges-are-coming-this-august

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    Monster collection and storage? They weren't preserved for those who went to new worlds in the last world leap event.
  • RelencattRelencatt
    edited May 2019
    When we could move a character from other worlds to reboot, it would be quite opportune for reboot players, thanks in advance.

• GySgtACEGySgtACE
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2019
    this is going to suck for some veteran players
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Relencatt wrote: »
    When we could move a character from other worlds to reboot, it would be quite opportune for reboot players, thanks in advance.

Never. The two types of worlds play by different rules.

The whole premise of Reboot is "everyone on equal footing" - everyone starts with nothing and builds up their characters by their own work. No cash shortcuts and no trading with others. If you allow characters from other worlds, who progressed by using trading and cash, to enter Reboot, you completely break that premise.

The other direction is unfair as well. Someone from Reboot who cubed their equipment to legendary for "free" (by farming meso) should not be competing with people in other worlds who have to pay real money or be skilled merchants to achieve the same results.
    Eli4Fun
  • xSeldomSeenxSeldomSeen
    Reactions: 100
    You mention "if players purchased storage slots, they will be Compensated accordingly. Well what about characters slots that were purchased??
  • d4nd4n
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2019
    What about scania? Scania seems so dead
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Monster collection and storage? They weren't preserved for those who went to new worlds in the last world leap event.

Storage and monster collection were tied to alliance/ world. People transferring had to start over. If they add the progress from all pre merged worlds or went according to most completed world, it would be ideal.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Storage and monster collection were tied to alliance/ world. People transferring had to start over. If they add the progress from all pre merged worlds or went according to most completed world, it would be ideal.

I know they're tied to worlds, and since the to-be-merged worlds will not be those worlds after the merge takes place, it bears asking.
  • SerialThiefSerialThief
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2019
    that world merge will not help at all there you make 2 worlds u should do 1 not 2 there is no community in thos worlds Bera its the only choies for ppl to have have fun and the most importnet thing you toke off from the game is the Free Market everyone know Maplestory Cuz of the Free Market.. the FM WOLD LET PPL STAY LOG and play the game speak with ppl Arguing on prices its give you so much to ur English if you not from us or know English you make a Huge Mistake when you toke Free Market off ppl put items on Action House and Log off
    that not should be like that... Big Mistake.. 1world not 2 and Free Market back make the game at list 30% less pay2win think about it...
  • DarkDaveDarkDave
    Reactions: 980
    edited June 2019
    what's gonna happen to the people who, for example, is on a server that merge into any of the world (1 or 2), and want to transfer to Bera?
    Will you do a world leap event, so people can decide, as a community, to which server they want to transfer?. Happened with Bera (people agreed to transfer to bera).
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited June 2019
    d4n wrote: »
    What about scania? Scania seems so dead

MS is dead in this new merged not have great things for play again . ideas the staff not have . only look the real state of the game today
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    When exceeding the max number of items in the Storage Room, the number of Storage Room slots in each world will be added up, only up to 128 max. Items exceeding the limit will be hidden, and these items can be displayed when withdrawing items from the slots. The players in these merges who have a large amount of items in storage are highly advised to clean up their items so they can access all their items with ease after the world merge is implemented.
    If exceeding Storage slots have been purchased through the Cash Shop, players will be compensated accordingly. We will keep you posted once we have more details.
    The way I understood it is that if you have a total of above 128 storage slots you'll get compensated for the extra slots you've manually expanded beyond 128, and your items in those slots are temporarily hidden.

I 100% am against the idea of having a transfer event during this merge. Having one down the line after things have settled down is more reasonable and prevents what happened in the mass emigration to Bera.
    Give people a chance to adjust to the new server they're placed in before giving them the option to escape it and immediately killing the added population of the merged servers.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    When exceeding the max number of items in the Storage Room, the number of Storage Room slots in each world will be added up, only up to 128 max. Items exceeding the limit will be hidden, and these items can be displayed when withdrawing items from the slots. The players in these merges who have a large amount of items in storage are highly advised to clean up their items so they can access all their items with ease after the world merge is implemented.
    If exceeding Storage slots have been purchased through the Cash Shop, players will be compensated accordingly. We will keep you posted once we have more details.
    The way I understood it is that if you have a total of above 128 storage slots you'll get compensated for the extra slots you've manually expanded beyond 128, and your items in those slots are temporarily hidden.

I 100% am against the idea of having a transfer event during this merge. Having one down the line after things have settled down is more reasonable and prevents what happened in the mass emigration to Bera.
    Give people a chance to adjust to the new server they're placed in before giving them the option to escape it and immediately killing the added population of the merged servers.

Hard agree. Learn from the mistakes msea made.
  • zEunWolzEunWol
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2019
    Hello, I have have three questions.

1. Will people in "busier" servers such as Scania and Bera be able to transfer into these newly merged servers? A similar opportunity was available in a previous server merge that happened a couple years back.

2. If not right away, are there plans for a character transfer event at all?

3. Could you explain why we can't just have 1 server for everybody to play on?

I'm mostly bringing these questions up as a player who faces the barrier of having friends in other servers. Thank you for your time!
    Benjii699
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    zEunWol wrote: »

1. Will people in "busier" servers such as Scania and Bera be able to transfer into these newly merged servers? A similar opportunity was available in a previous server merge that happened a couple years back.

I'm mostly bringing these questions up as a player who faces the barrier of having friends in other servers. Thank you for your time!

1. Remains to be seen. I'm personally of the opinion of no transfers for at least a few months after the merge happens to allow for things to settle.

2. I can't answer this, for obvious reasons.

3. Have you seen reboot or bera during a 2x weekend? Having too few servers to account for peak activity times(such as 2x events) is just as bad an idea as having too many servers.
    MorningAfterSevenPirateIzzy
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    zEunWol wrote: »

Personally I would like to see an event that allows people to leave Bera and go to Scania or either of the new worlds. I don't know how many people would take advantage of the opportunity, but as long as it's not enough people to leave Bera "empty" (and I don't see how it could be), it would be beneficial for both the worlds that could use a few more people, and for Bera which gets a bit too laggy at times.
    But I would not let people leave Scania at this time, because that would definitely kill it.
    DalethBenjii699
  • PROTOBeePROTOBee
    Reactions: 440
    edited June 2019
    I have a couple of questions

1. Do all the characters I have in the current world (I only play on one) stay with no changes done to them other than be moved to the new merged world?

2. Will all the items I have in storage and cash inventory remain there?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    PROTOBee wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions

1. Do all the characters I have in the current world (I only play on one) stay with no changes done to them other than be moved to the new merged world?

2. Will all the items I have in storage and cash inventory remain there?

If you don't have enough characters to exceed the cap of 50, nor enough in-storage items to exceed the maximum space of 128 slots, you'll be fine. I'm unsure what the cap for cash storage is, but you should be fine on that front as well.
  • ResaikLunaResaikLuna
    Reactions: 505
    edited June 2019
    "The maximum character slot will be increased to 50 for all worlds after the world merge update."

Does this also apply for Luna? The europe server?
  • lethalvb01lethalvb01
    Reactions: 960
    edited June 2019
    At this point all I want to say is I don't envy you guys. This is a huge undertaking :) Best of luck to you guys!
    SerialThief