[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

IP Block + Migration

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited October 2016 in Vault
Hey everyone,

First off, we’d like to apologize for the radio silence regarding the IP Block incident. We have been hard at work releasing v177 to you and looking into all the issues you have reported since the update. We have also been preparing for the Europe Service Migration and we will be announcing an update on that very soon.

Now –
As most you are aware, some regional IP blocks were accidentally lifted following the v177 game update last week. These IP blocks were reinstated in today’s maintenance because we are still working on the servers, accounts, and database information for our Europe Service migration. We are not quite ready yet for all the wonderful constituents from other regions to join us. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
The MapleStory Team
JettLuvsUCatoooloooNiightseekerPonPon

Comments

• GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2016
    So that means that the IP-Blocked will be able to join us eventually?
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Is there a problem with letting European players create new accounts before the merge though? I could have seen licensing issues being part of it if not for the fact that the merge is already delayed by quite a bit. I'd love to make a kanna account for myself soon since I have no other pre-block accs to use.
    chaoscauserRikNL
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

Is there a problem with letting European players create new accounts before the merge though?
    There's a special gift for migratory players. But they are only eligible if it's the very first time their hardware IDs are seen by the servers. If you log in beforehand, you'll be disqualifying yourself!
    Now, people might get really upset at being left out by taking advantage of a mistake, so Nexon is right now doing a headcount to see if that will be too many.

But you didn't hear any of this from me! okay?
  • PrizkillaPrizkilla
    Reactions: 555
    edited October 2016
    What about the nx I spent? those items has 90days to expire. If it's gonna take another month it's 30days wasted.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Prizkilla
    Prizkilla said:

What about the nx I spent? those items has 90days to expire. If it's gonna take another month it's 30days wasted.
    Well you should of used some common sense really, they did say mid November on the EMS site and you should realise them removing it without any announcement was a mistake by you.
  • MataharyMatahary
    Reactions: 580
    edited October 2016
    Finally you guys posted something, was it that hard?

Thanks now i'll stop hating and wait till the merge lets do it boys
  • SpektorGeverSpektorGever
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    Are you gonna fix the freezing thing? every 3-4 seconds my screen freezes for a sec.
  • Raira94Raira94
    Reactions: 940
    edited October 2016
    xparasite9

KeepComingBack

Is there a problem with letting European players create new accounts before the merge though?
    There's a special gift for migratory players. But they are only eligible if it's the very first time their hardware IDs are seen by the servers. If you log in beforehand, you'll be disqualifying yourself!
    Now, people might get really upset at being left out by taking advantage of a mistake, so Nexon is right now doing a headcount to see if that will be too many.

i dont think there should be a problem since those accounts had to go through a special migration side so its easy to termin which acc come from eu or not.

and it is just it gets tiring to wait for so long without anything. all we got is new nx items which we cant even buy since some already transfered their nx.
    2x exp events are almost not worth anything since most decide to switch world, so there is no need to train mule anymore.
    fm already became emptier than what is used to be.

oh and some people only come online to check if somebody heard anything new....

thats why that ip block removel even though it was a accident was kinda like the best thing that happend since half a year ?
    kind of a bummer that they had to re-apply it..
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited October 2016
    According to this post, and the incident which lifted IP block for Vietnam and Brazil. I believe that when the migration is complete, Vietnamese can eventually play GMS instead of having to play private servers because we have NO official servers to join.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    PonPon
    PonPon said:

According to this post, and the incident which lifted IP block for Vietnam and Brazil. I believe that when the migration is complete, Vietnamese can eventually play GMS instead of having to play private servers because we have NO official servers to join.
    Could Vietnam KMS but they didn't have a mobile number to make an account or something wired like that?
  • ShacoTheTacooShacoTheTacoo
    Reactions: 340
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hey everyone,

First off, we’d like to apologize for the radio silence regarding the IP Block incident. We have been hard at work releasing v177 to you and looking into all the issues you have reported since the update. We have also been preparing for the Europe Service Migration and we will be announcing an update on that very soon.

Now –
    As most you are aware, some regional IP blocks were accidentally lifted following the v177 game update last week. These IP blocks were reinstated in today’s maintenance because we are still working on the servers, accounts, and database information for our Europe Service migration. We are not quite ready yet for all the wonderful constituents from other regions to join us. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    The MapleStory Team
    this is like the dumbest thing ive seen...

ip block i dont think is an issue, so many people made new accounts just to play and many of them spent nx. whats going to happen to the nx that people spent as most of it is "90 days only"

also i sent in a support a few month ago with the idea of removing the ip block. they said theyd give it to headquarters for an idea and then last week it was removed. As i tried to use my main account to play it wouldnt let me until migration thats fine, im not going to be playing on my main anyway as thats basically eu account only and im not wasting my time playing eu game version when ill be playing reboot.

i just dont understand your thinking, its like trump intelligence honestly. is his stupidity spreading across america?
    edited October 2016
    xparasite9

KeepComingBack

people from eu couldnt use their migration accounts to log in, it said wait, but still a free gift isnt meaning ful unless its really good which i highly doubt it will be with all these delays... was only meant to be couple weeks delay instead its turned into 8-12 weeks which means we missed sooooo many cool events, we missed the halloween event which is pretty cool, free badge killing 100 zombies for new players is amazing, the free chairs, decent damage skin etc.

so yea if the special item we get is better then all these events and totems, im not too bothered just annoying as i cant play with best pal in america anymore for more weeks...
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    ShacoTheTacoo

xparasite9

KeepComingBack

people from eu couldnt use their migration accounts to log in, it said wait, but still a free gift isnt meaning ful unless its really good which i highly doubt it will be with all these delays... was only meant to be couple weeks delay instead its turned into 8-12 weeks which means we missed sooooo many cool events, we missed the halloween event which is pretty cool, free badge killing 100 zombies for new players is amazing, the free chairs, decent damage skin etc.

so yea if the special item we get is better then all these events and totems, im not too bothered just annoying as i cant play with best pal in america anymore for more weeks...
    eh, I think we both know the badge isnt that great when the GSE exists.

even new players would find it momentarily nice before getting to 150 and swapping it out for a GSE once they learned of it's existence

and dark lords of darkness has been around every year since it's inital release
  • Raira94Raira94
    Reactions: 940
    edited October 2016
    but how would you react when you had to wait another year just so that event appearse again ?
    at specally if you already waited almost 1 year to even start your new character.
  • MonshiroMonshiro
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

PonPon
    PonPon said:

Could Vietnam KMS but they didn't have a mobile number to make an account or something wired like that?
    Vietnamese can't play KMS either, so this migration is our last hope to play official server.
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited October 2016
    Monshiro
    Monshiro said:

Vietnamese can't play KMS either, so this migration is our last hope to play official server.
    No one applies taxes on Hope, so we will Hope as much as we can. Until the flower blooms.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Raira94
    Raira94 said:

but how would you react when you had to wait another year just so that event appearse again ?
    at specally if you already waited almost 1 year to even start your new character.
    sure the waiting sucks, but it's not a 1 time only thing.

there are other totems that can be gotten during the year waiting period.
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

Raira94
    Raira94 said:

sure the waiting sucks, but it's not a 1 time only thing.

there are other totems that can be gotten during the year waiting period.
    what about the nx bundles? i was about to get some of the halloween gear on pay day as it looked pretty cool.

now i have to wait a year lol
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    you should let people from EU who plays in global a chance to move to the new world with EU pings " luna " we paid for our nx we bought our pets and we spent 11 years playing maplestory global . but we also want to have decent pings . my self i play in windia but im from EU, im tired of high pings but dont want to throw all my nx items away. and start new. i think global players from EU countries should be able to transfer to EU world Luna aswell. its not fair
  • ChaffeeChaffee
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    yay finally new date. cant wait. ill be so disappointed if it turns out the same as last time. pls no more delays :(