[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

gorgon event crashed the game (error 38)

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited July 2019 in Bug Reporting
title says it all, since game went up
pokelord223PonpoyoCheeky01

Comments

• PonpoyoPonpoyo
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2019
    I'm a Phantom and this bug happens when i switch to another character, when i'm fighting gorgon, it doesn't happen all the times so i assuming something has to trigger it, like a skill or certain interaction. I'm trying to figure out what's triggering it.
  • pokelord223pokelord223
    Reactions: 1,215
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    To add to this, I've consistently crashed twice when the gorgons are about to swap, so I think it is linked to when you change from one gorgon to another.
    Cheeky01
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited July 2019
    I think I got this twice now, when my character's timer is up. Game boots me out.
    Cheeky01
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited July 2019
    Just had this happen to me as well. I was using my Marksman (the other character in my team is Angelic Buster, passively attacking at the time) and buffing up when it crashed. I don't know if it was changing gorgons at the time. When the game crashes it is the Error 38: reached end of file pop up box that appears.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited July 2019
    Error 38: Reach the end of File when attempting to swap. Swapping anytime has a chance to trigger it regardless of which character you start as or the duration of the battle. Error is probably due to receiving an incomplete character data (please check if the max data size allocated for character data is too small or if it is failing to load a specific data).

Character name: Rexaar2, Rexaar6
    Character level: 250, 214
    Character job: Hero, Evan
    World name: Scania
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2019
    Hi Guys!

Just wanted to let you know that the issue where characters being swapped inside Hero Squad causes the Client crash is known and is being looked into. A workaround for the time being is to stop attacking for 5-10 seconds, then swapping characters.

Thanks for the reports!
    xxHorntailxxGhibleePonpoyoCheeky01Mastahiro