[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

GMs response to hackers

PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
Reactions: 2,140
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
and this is why many hackers seems to never go away, they seem to be giving them just warnings as long as they can respond to them and apparently now with a new hack that simulates replies to whispers even that can be bypassed. This is ridiculous and as someone that has never cheated in this game and seen it for 10+ years and seen them getting away with it, bragging about it and now this, its severely discouraging at the very least. see Reddit link for details https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/592roh/quality_work_nexon/

Comments

• DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Hackers and bots have been rampant over 12 years. They're an essential part of the economy, unironically.

If Nexon NA banned anyone who has used macros or trainer hack, most people in the top leaderboards would be banned lmao. This is excluding people like Zerobydivide who abused a Bishop party exp exploit, and other 'features' that got patched shortly after. Not to mention all the high funded players in Windia who have bought items off a certain guy who is known for duping items and selling them cheap.
    darik
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Unfortunately nothings been done with botters and hackers over 12 years and the player base keeps dying down day by day.
    BunizMascaradeHuskyDM
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    edited October 2016
    this wasn't a rant nor a rave and its insulting to move it here in order to hide it due to the fact you dont want people exposed to your incompetence and double standards, and yes now its a rant.. but keep doing what you are doing , its obviously effective and the game has never been healthier.. As much as its been apart of my life for the last 12 years, its still just a game to me, it's your companies livelihood

and as much as you try to censor topics like this, it's not remotely effective, far more people go to reddit than come here anymore and its very visible there not to mention believe it or not players actually talk to each other in this game via discord and skype and other social media, there not many secrets left and to Lily, while I appreciate your comment the real gist of this post wasn't the fact hackers have always been here and are here to stay, it was more about how the GMs are now handling this issue, even with all the lip service given to harsher punishments, which obviously wasn't the truth.
    BunizLilyflowerMascaradeBenjii699HuskyDMdarik
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    PlasticHolly

this wasn't a rant nor a rave and its insulting to move it here in order to hide it due to the fact you dont want people exposed to your incompetence and double standards, and yes now its a rant.. but keep doing what you are doing , its obviously effective and the game has never been healthier.. As much as its been apart of my life for the last 12 years, its still just a game to me, it's your companies livelihood

and as much as you try to censor topics like this, it's not remotely effective, far more people go to reddit than come here anymore and its very visible there not to mention believe it or not players actually talk to each other in this game via discord and skype and other social media, there not many secrets left and to Lily, while I appreciate your comment the real gist of this post wasn't the fact hackers have always been here and are here to stay, it was more about how the GMs are now handling this issue, even with all the lip service given to harsher punishments, which obviously wasn't the truth.
    I moved the thread because I also saw the Reddit link earlier; it contains heavy sarcasm and a bunch of pictures of people getting away with hacking (took less than an hour to degrade into "kappa"). At the very least it's not general discussion, and it's pretty obvious the kind of "discussion" this thread was trying to start. My decision to move the thread was based on the content of both your post and the link, and if one of the other mods disagrees, they can move it back. I don't mind, I was on the fence about it anyway.

It doesn't help your case to complain about being censored. Seriously, that's your excuse? Your thread got moved so now you're "censored"? That's a worse excuse than the guy who claimed he was being censored by Reddit mods because he had gotten 2 downvotes (one of them was from me). "Censorship" my foot, your thread would have received the same amount of attention in either subforum. And if you seriously don't want to accept getting moved (repeat: not locked, still open, no one warned, no posts edited), then try the discussions page, which is the forum's equivalent of /r/all. Seriously, nothing's being hidden here, you really can't use that excuse for this.

Look, complaining about hackers is fine. But name one time "hacker discussion" has ever been civil and I'll ship you a cookie by mail. Unless you want to start up a suggestion about how to combat hackers (captcha, cell phone verification, etc, most of which I'll agree with), I'm going to remind you that your post begins with: "and this is why many hackers seems to never go away". Not exactly a shining beacon of purity, no more than this thread or this thread.

I ain't Slatymate and this ain't Reddit, so if you want to bash on hackers, don't be surprised when your thread gets moved with the other threads bashing hackers.
    JettLuvsUAggraphinegamechangerTakalaSherri
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    edited October 2016
    why is bashing hackers even looked at negatively? that makes no sense, and censoring comes in many forms, it doesn't have to be removing or editing, making it less visible intentionally is also a form of censorship.. and why should we remain civil when nexon is going directly against their very own stated policies on hackers, its not like hacking is a debatable activity, its been deemed inappropriate and against the rules so trying to remain civil while people blatantly hack and then get let go with a warning shouldn't be acceptable and should be criticized
    MascaradeBenjii699
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    PlasticHolly

why is bashing hackers even looked at negatively? that makes no sense, and censoring comes in many forms, it doesn't have to be removing or editing, making it less visible intentionally is also a form of censorship.. and why should we remain civil when nexon is going directly against their very own stated policies on hackers, its not like hacking is a debatable activity, its been deemed inappropriate and against the rules so trying to remain civil while people blatantly hack and then get let go with a warning shouldn't be acceptable and should be criticized
    Bashing on anything is a "Rants & Raves".
    Bashing on GMs for not banning hackers - frankly, I'm (pleasantly) surprised Neospector didn't lock your thread for FUD.
    Takala
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Bashing hackers is looked at negatively for the same reasons that Old Maple threads(and their sole propagator) are looked at negatively. The threads invoke... colorful responses that aren't suited for the general area and are best kept to the section of the forums where it's understood that there will be threads full of people bitching.

That, and a thread about hackers(bashing or otherwise) never lasts long before it completely erodes into everyone bitching about pretty much every problem they perceive with the game, and that's simply not constructive in any sense.
    Takala
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Neospector

PlasticHolly

I moved the thread because I also saw the Reddit link earlier; it contains heavy sarcasm and a bunch of pictures of people getting away with hacking (took less than an hour to degrade into "kappa"). At the very least it's not general discussion, and it's pretty obvious the kind of "discussion" this thread was trying to start. My decision to move the thread was based on the content of both your post and the link, and if one of the other mods disagrees, they can move it back. I don't mind, I was on the fence about it anyway.

It doesn't help your case to complain about being censored. Seriously, that's your excuse? Your thread got moved so now you're "censored"? That's a worse excuse than the guy who claimed he was being censored by Reddit mods because he had gotten 2 downvotes (one of them was from me). "Censorship" my foot, your thread would have received the same amount of attention in either subforum. And if you seriously don't want to accept getting moved (repeat: not locked, still open, no one warned, no posts edited), then try the discussions page, which is the forum's equivalent of /r/all. Seriously, nothing's being hidden here, you really can't use that excuse for this.

Look, complaining about hackers is fine. But name one time "hacker discussion" has ever been civil and I'll ship you a cookie by mail. Unless you want to start up a suggestion about how to combat hackers (captcha, cell phone verification, etc, most of which I'll agree with), I'm going to remind you that your post begins with: "and this is why many hackers seems to never go away". Not exactly a shining beacon of purity, no more than this thread or this thread.

I ain't Slatymate and this ain't Reddit, so if you want to bash on hackers, don't be surprised when your thread gets moved with the other threads bashing hackers.
    Oh snap!

This is my official petition to create a new subforum

BestOfNeospectorSmackdowns

Functioning exactly like https://www.reddit.com/r/BestOfAdminSmackdown/ on reddit
  • BunizBuniz
    Reactions: 480
    edited October 2016
    Its totally disgusting!!!!!!! I tried to play this weekend and couldn't find ONE freaking ass map at haven without a !@!!@ hacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wth ? Nexon why do you let them ruin the game for everyone else ? I see , more and more way people quit this game for good.. I'm just about to the same dang point, let you have your hackers see if they can alone support your game... !~ totally disgusted ~!
    LilyflowerWillowRosenberg
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    someone
    this is why many hackers seems to never go away, they seem to be giving them just warnings as long as they can respond to them and apparently now with a new hack that simulates replies to whispers even that can be bypassed. This is ridiculous and as someone that has never cheated in this game and seen it for 10+ years and seen them getting away with it, bragging about it and now this, its severely discouraging at the very least.

well maybe if hacking was allowed so everyone could enjoy the game more and waste less time to begin with since nexon its one of many really greedy and backstabing types just like blizzard but less rich imo~

kappa~{just in case since i get a lot of censorship otherwise}
    Benjii699
  • TakalaTakala
    edited November 2016
    Not that this excuses anything, but reboot is pretty much hacker free.

I haven't had any problems at all since they cannot profit from it there.

Depending on your reasons for not trying reboot in the past- it may be something to consider.

Perhaps the staff at Nexon can take this into account and come up with some sort of "no trades allowed" on suspected hackers for a period of time, deleting items etc. Even if they don't get banned - if the warning carries something other than a slap on the wrist, it might deter them.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Takala
    Takala said:

Not that this excuses anything, but reboot is pretty much hacker free.

I haven't had any problems at all since they cannot profit from it there.

Depending on your reasons for not trying reboot in the past- it may be something to consider.
    Reboot is full of hackers. It's been cheat2win from day 1.
    Every once in a while Nexon does a sweep, but it's never enough and within a short time all maps are full of hacking bots.
    Some do it for their own "fun" (to get 1-250 in a week, for example, or to run a 3-minute dojo), some farm billions of meso and then sell the entire account for real-world $$$. Some only sell boss carries for real $$, and either hack the boss or kill it "legit" using gear made with ill-gotten cubes.
    Just because there's no trading doesn't mean there's no black market and no way for cheaters to profit.
  • TakalaTakala
    edited November 2016
    @Akradian

Hm, perhaps because I am more of a casual player, I am not seeing it as badly? I usually only ever had problems with hackers in Windia when trying to train. (I am aware of those selling items in the FM though).

I suppose that is where my mind automatically goes - "can I train or will hackers be KSing me on the maps?"

I didn't realize people were selling Reboot accounts, but it doesn't surprise me *sighs*

Thanks for the information!
    luna02
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited July 2019
    ironies of life .... this game is unplayable today ... motive? ... hackers ... the game needs to change its name .. from maplestory to hackerstory the amount of hackers in bera and reboot is incredible after kanna's revamp .... pantheon .. sleepywood .. perion ... orbis. ..aqua road .... a .... arcane river and other high-level places, it is incredible that the administrators of the game and technical support ... of the game ... of this game ... not of forum. .. do not read and do nothing to avoid all this, there are many people who leave the game for this reason and bore them, the post is old but reflects the harsh reality .. more than 12 years and remains the same. when the banning and reporting system will change for an immediate ban or the assistance of an adm on hacker maps, when ... the post is old but it's funny and fun as legal players can't even play and train and upload from lvl for ....................... hackers, a problem of a whole system of errors, bugs etc etc
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Dredging up threads from almost three years ago isn't gonna make the bots magically disappear, buddy
This discussion has been closed.