[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.229 On Air: An Absolute Unit Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is a decent "fluid" class

DuskGuardDuskGuard
Reactions: 470
Posts: 26
Member
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Hey everyone, so I've been contemplating making another main (currently demon slayer) and I was wondering where to begin. I want a class that's at least decent at both mobbing and bossing, but more importantly I want a class that doesn't feel clunky at all. Some form of defenses are a bonus.

DS has been a great main so far, and I absolutely love their bossing. However, infernal concussion isn't really my thing and farming to 250 might be a little.... unrewarding gameplay wise. Anyways, feel free to share your thoughts! Details are always welcome as are opinions.
ThrowThatTea

Comments

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Can you be any more concise as to what "fluid" means to you? Because I can get to a point with most classes after about an hour with their full kit where it feels fluid to me.
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Nothing fancy, just fast attacks that don't keep you stationary during an animation. Doesn't need to be like this for all attacks, especially if they cover a large area. Preferably i'd like something that's able to farm well while being mobile. Decent at bossing as in able to dodge stuff without anticipating the attack well in advanced due to long cast times.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 993
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Dual Blade

    Combos and best dodge rate
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,430
    Posts: 122
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Sounds like you want a thunder breaker, skills that flow and combo well with each other and fast attacks, bosses well and can move around a map stupidly fast.
    Mira
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Dual Blade

    Combos and best dodge rate

    You're literally the only one who bothers with those. Everyone else with half a lick of sense sticks to blade fury for mobbing.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited August 2019
    DuskGuard wrote: »
    Nothing fancy, just fast attacks that don't keep you stationary during an animation. Doesn't need to be like this for all attacks, especially if they cover a large area. Preferably i'd like something that's able to farm well while being mobile. Decent at bossing as in able to dodge stuff without anticipating the attack well in advanced due to long cast times.

    Maybe try Ark, it feels relatively fluid to me and its really mobile.
    scholar624
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,540
    Posts: 596
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    The Eric class.. he can camouflage as a hene..
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,200
    Posts: 342
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Either ark or cadena. Both have fast attack speed, can be stationary or moving during bossing via skill combo/cancel. Both are 2 of the best mobbers and mobility characters in the entire game.
  • ThrowThatTeaThrowThatTea
    Reactions: 650
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited August 2019
    ITs funny that every answer has been different.
    I would say the Pathfinder has been the most mobile for me.

    The way it casts its main attack hits mobs on several levels at a time. So being able to dash-jump and spam that move makes farming very quick, IMO.

    However, I haven't done much bossing with it so couldn't give a solid answer there.
  • SirDuuSirDuu
    Reactions: 700
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Shade is very fluid. Can animation cancel with the no cd back step, and also has a teleport.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 993
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Dual Blade

    Combos and best dodge rate

    You're literally the only one who bothers with those. Everyone else with half a lick of sense sticks to blade fury for mobbing.

    I forgot iframes and stance. :P
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,685
    Posts: 183
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Dual Blade

    Combos and best dodge rate

    You're literally the only one who bothers with those. Everyone else with half a lick of sense sticks to blade fury for mobbing.

    I forgot iframes and stance. :P

    100% stance if you throw a few points into it with Hyper
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited August 2019
    While possible, it'd be a waste of the point-value for five levels of that particular hyper stat.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    Posts: 200
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Fluid, then don't try bucc it's very stiff and boring don't try it even on 5job when it nearly changes the class completely to a summoner it's a disgrace to main