[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Right Click to sell item on NPC

ArwenArwen
Reactions: 2,030
edited October 2016 in General Chat
I wonder what's the use of this little check box on the seller NPC? I thought in the beginning it's added to prevent players selling their stuff accidentally to NPC when they actually they wanted to put in their storage.
But I found out , you can still sell your stuff although u didn't check or right click the box.
And then I thought another thing, I thought that if u checked that box, then it meant , you have to right click everytime you wanna sell your stuff. But I found out I still be able sell my stuff by double clicking my item.

So I wonder, what's the use of that feature? Someone can explain?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    It's like +0.001% more convenient. Essentially, it's what it says on the tin. When the box is ticked, you can right click on any item in your inventory to sell it, rather than having to double click. That's about it. It works pretty well, and the box will stay ticked for as long as you're logged in, for all shops in the game. It's pretty useful once you start doing Zakum or Root Abyss runs.

We inherited it from KMS. I'm not exactly sure why players/devs over there implemented it.
  • ArwenArwen
    edited October 2016
    Neospector

It's like +0.001% more convenient. Essentially, it's what it says on the tin. When the box is ticked, you can right click on any item in your inventory to sell it, rather than having to double click. That's about it. It works pretty well, and the box will stay ticked for as long as you're logged in, for all shops in the game. It's pretty useful once you start doing Zakum or Root Abyss runs.

We inherited it from KMS. I'm not exactly sure why players/devs over there implemented it.
    Lol..then it's useless. I thought they add that stuff to prevent players accidentally selling their item to NPC: because it's happening many time. Specially when u are in Ardentmill.

• NirNightNirNight
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited October 2016
    i'm use it to make a big sale of etc drops from monsters/potions/equips below lvl 100.

very useful.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    I find it usefull cause this is how you natively NPC stuff in MS2
  • ArwenArwen
    edited October 2016
    NirNight
    NirNight said:

i'm use it to make a big sale of etc drops from monsters/potions/equips below lvl 100.

very useful.
    I always double click as usual...so i found out this useless. I think it's for prevention though
  • nir856nir856
    Reactions: 605
    edited October 2016
    the real question is why the box even exist. why not always have the option to right click to sell items
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    nir856
    nir856 said:

the real question is why the box even exist. why not always have the option to right click to sell items
    Because the right-click option bypasses the "are you sure you want to sell this?" confirmation. So you don't want people accidentally right-clicking and selling stuff they didn't mean to.

The real question is why the checkbox isn't in the System Options so it will remember its state when you log out.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

nir856
    nir856 said:

Because the right-click option bypasses the "are you sure you want to sell this?" confirmation. So you don't want people accidentally right-clicking and selling stuff they didn't mean to.

The real question is why the checkbox isn't in the System Options so it will remember its state when you log out.
    I wish it also bypassed the "how many do you want to sell" window because when it comes to selling pots, it's only saving me one click. Not that I'm complaining, but it would be great if I can just toss them all at once.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    its faster to sell like all ur pots at once. free mesos from looting sunset dews and reindeer milk from bosses/ dailies like RA/ZAK/MAG/HT/ and etc!
  • KanashimiKanashimi
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    I don't know how you failed to understand, but this option is really useful for when u know exactly what u want to sell and want to do it fast.
    I would really like an option to tick items, and sell all at once however.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    It's really useful for selling useless equips, saves time from double click lag/delay.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    Kanashimi
    Kanashimi said:

I would really like an option to tick items, and sell all at once however.
    Yes. This. Please <3