[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Merge Bera With More Worlds?

Cadena91Cadena91
Reactions: 1,060
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Hi

Few months ago I quit the game, because in the world which I played at (Bera) was desolate.

I got back to play a couple days ago (including sunday) and it got even worse...

I also noticed that I always see the same people, or is it just my imagination?

My question is, are there any plans regarding merging Bera with more worlds?

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    You must not be playing the same Bera that I am. But also everyone is in Adventure Island for the event now.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited August 2019
    Bera seems pretty busy to me, but there's probably only a few hundred people (excluding bots).
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited August 2019
    Bera seems pretty busy to me, but there's probably only a few hundred people (excluding bots).

A few hundred people in Bera? I doubt.

I've been looking for people everywhere but so far I have only been able to find botters.
    HHG1 wrote: »
    You must not be playing the same Bera that I am. But also everyone is in Adventure Island for the event now.

Not sure what exactly you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure know what I saw.
    You must be talking about the botters, yes I have seen a lot of them but I don't consider them as players.
    I've also been online in saturday and sunday as well.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Bera is the most populated world besides Reboot. Some would even say it's too populated.
    Keep in mind that most people are in level 200+ areas. Nameless Town, not Henesys, is now the place to see people showing off their chairs and NX looks. However, when training mules there this past week, I met non-bots in popular low-level training maps such as Silent Swamp and Sahel 2.
    The Canteen in Adventure Island has at least a dozen people in each channel, and the twice-an-hour invitation games (currently "When Golden Pigs Fly") draw over 20 people even in the middle of the night.
    If that's not active enough for you, I recommend joining an active social guild, for constant chatter and interaction with people.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    How long ago is "a few months" anyway? Because "a few months ago", bera was still packed as all hell. In fact "packed as hell" has been the norm for right around two years now. A few months ago was, I believe, still elbow-deep in all the black mage event stuff, so it was doubly packed as all hell. Did you maybe start playing on broa and mix yourself up to think that you were on bera?

You're either mistaken about the world you're actually playing in, or else you never touch a channel lower than 5. I've never been on channel 1 or 2 and not seen a dozen or more people crammed into nameless town. No one sits around in henesys anymore because of the five bots around the market portal that are spamming chat to ass and back all hours of the day.

Does this look like a dead world to you?
    TUHl6es.png

Compared to another world
    2aSEmle.png

The reason you don't see anyone in henesys is for the reason I gave above, and the reason you won't see a ton of people in towns right now is because they're all in here
    FZXcTWC.jpg

Take careful note of the minimap, there are a ton of people in that map. And it's not a shared map across the channels, each of the 20 channels has its own map.

Consider also that, locally for me, it's 10:22 AM. Meaning it's still early morning across the rest of the US and Canada. Further consider that the server is this populated during what could be considered downtime. Not server downtime, but rather nothing currently going on that causes a ton of people to log in. Hop on bera during a 2x event and you'll be hard-pressed to find any decent training map not already occupied.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited August 2019
    Cadena91 wrote: »

A few hundred people in Bera? I doubt.

I've been looking for people everywhere but so far I have only been able to find botters.

I usually see people in ardent. Or doing their dailies. Maybe not as much lower-level characters.
    But whenever someone announces MVP there's at least 20-40 players showing up.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Keep in mind, as well, that those 20-40 players showing up for mvp are the ones who actually care about things like that. At least on bera, for every one person that shows up for an mvp buff, there are probably 5-10 other players who didn't bother with it.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited August 2019
    Bottom line, bera be packed.
    darik
  • anubis42anubis42
    Reactions: 945
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    How long ago is "a few months" anyway? Because "a few months ago", bera was still packed as all hell. In fact "packed as hell" has been the norm for right around two years now. A few months ago was, I believe, still elbow-deep in all the black mage event stuff, so it was doubly packed as all hell. Did you maybe start playing on broa and mix yourself up to think that you were on bera?

You're either mistaken about the world you're actually playing in, or else you never touch a channel lower than 5. I've never been on channel 1 or 2 and not seen a dozen or more people crammed into nameless town. No one sits around in henesys anymore because of the five bots around the market portal that are spamming chat to ass and back all hours of the day.

Does this look like a dead world to you?
    TUHl6es.png

Compared to another world
    2aSEmle.png

The reason you don't see anyone in henesys is for the reason I gave above, and the reason you won't see a ton of people in towns right now is because they're all in here
    FZXcTWC.jpg

Take careful note of the minimap, there are a ton of people in that map. And it's not a shared map across the channels, each of the 20 channels has its own map.

Consider also that, locally for me, it's 10:22 AM. Meaning it's still early morning across the rest of the US and Canada. Further consider that the server is this populated during what could be considered downtime. Not server downtime, but rather nothing currently going on that causes a ton of people to log in. Hop on bera during a 2x event and you'll be hard-pressed to find any decent training map not already occupied.

The main reason all channels are full in Bera is because of the huge amount of botters.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited August 2019
    yeah, i almost exclusively see just botters on mob maps, but towns like henesys and vanishing always have people (in bera)
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited August 2019
    Jez wrote: »
    yeah, i almost exclusively see just botters on mob maps, but towns like henesys and vanishing always have people (in bera)

Yeah, me too.
    I always see botters, in fact I rarely see legit players.