[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Goodbye Maplestory

Benjii699Benjii699
Reactions: 680
edited August 2019 in Rants and Raves
So this is goodbye. I've been playing since 2006, and Maple has always been my main game. I've had a lot of fun over the years, met some great people and probably spent more money in-game then I care to admit XD. I have some really good memories, and near maxed out most of my characters.

3 days ago, I was perma-banned for playing on the same map as someone who was clearly hacking. I appealed the ban 3 times, but Nexon just didn't seem to care. Needless to say, I was devastated. Not at the fact I had dropped $200 in the last week on NX that I won't ever see again, but the fact that MS has been dying/dead for years and Nexon just don't seem to care about the loyalty of it's players.

I was told that I could make a new account and start again, but honestly, I don't see the point in starting from scratch if this is how they treat us.

So I'll remember the fun I've had over the years, but I'll be leaving Maplestory for good.

I hope others don't fall victim to false bans.

Goodbye :)
ThrowThatTeaBladesingerHuskyDMKuronekonovaSausageMuffin

Comments

• CrescCresc
    Reactions: 535
    edited August 2019
    If you knew they were clearly hacking, why did you stay in the map?
    HuskyDMKuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Hate to jump on this too, but guy above me is right. Pretty much everyone just leaves immediately if they walk into a map that a bot's going to town in.

Funny though, most bots I've run across disappear as soon as someone enters the map...
  • ThrowThatTeaThrowThatTea
    Reactions: 650
    edited August 2019
    You shouldn't have to leave a map because someone else is cheating.
    I'm sorry you got banned. I can imagine how disheartening that would be.

Good luck on your future endeavors.
    Benjii699HuskyDMKuronekonovadarikSausageMuffin
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    You shouldn't have to leave a map because someone else is cheating.
    I'm sorry you got banned. I can imagine how disheartening that would be.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Yeah you shouldn't have to leave the map when a kanna bot is using kishin that affects the whole map thereby extending benefit to any player in the map.
    Benjii699
  • Benjii699Benjii699
    Reactions: 680
    edited August 2019
    Cresc wrote: »
    If you knew they were clearly hacking, why did you stay in the map?
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Hate to jump on this too, but guy above me is right. Pretty much everyone just leaves immediately if they walk into a map that a bot's going to town in.

Funny though, most bots I've run across disappear as soon as someone enters the map...

I have terrible internet atm and I was lagging. Just the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited August 2019
    I really don't understand the grown men that keep on using bots. it's pretty sad.. Seems like they have no real jobs at the moment or they can't get any better to move on.(I HOPE YOU ARE VIEWING THIS HACKERS)
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    I really don't understand the grown men that keep on using bots. it's pretty sad.. Seems like they have no real jobs at the moment or they can't get any better to move on.(I HOPE YOU ARE VIEWING THIS HACKERS)

First off, they're not "viewing this". They don't care. They don't even know you exist, and even if they did they still wouldn't care.

Secondly, for all you know the mass-kanna bots are probably run as a side-gig. Bot a ton of items and mesos, sell the mesos for quick money, repeat.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

First off, they're not "viewing this". They don't care. They don't even know you exist, and even if they did they still wouldn't care.

Secondly, for all you know the mass-kanna bots are probably run as a side-gig. Bot a ton of items and mesos, sell the mesos for quick money, repeat.

Sarcasm boy come on get the joke! I've reported a lot of these kanna bots in-game during my years of playing Maplestory.
    darik
  • MeiLingeMeiLinge
    Reactions: 970
    edited August 2019
    Crazy, i wanted to farm Big spider cards because it was good mesos but that place is packed with hackers...it's a shame that we are the ones that have to change our playstyle because of them.
    darik
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited August 2019
    MeiLinge wrote: »
    Crazy, i wanted to farm Big spider cards because it was good mesos but that place is packed with hackers...it's a shame that we are the ones that have to change our playstyle because of them.

Weird i rarely seen them on Bellocan farming Big Spiders
  • MeiLingeMeiLinge
    Reactions: 970
    edited August 2019
    MeiLinge wrote: »

Weird i rarely seen them on Bellocan farming Big Spiders

They are in Bera a lot.
    Lucsean99darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Imagine that. A world so dead not even the bots care lmao