[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

pet looting Random beauty coupon is annoying

Roy666Roy666
Reactions: 830
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Anyone knows how to prevent pet loot this coupon? I cant block this coupon in excluded items list
WONDERGUY

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    You can't exclude timed items from pet pickup as far as I know. That or it's event items you can't exclude. Either way these things fall decidedly into both categories.

This event is a blessing and a curse every time it comes through. A blessing because it's a way for people to get new hairs and faces, even skin colors, without having to drop money on the cash coupons for it. A curse because, you can't opt-out of having them drop(to my knowledge) and they're one coupon per inventory slot which utterly shags whatever use tab space someone may or may not have.

Another thing they need to do is rework how temporary items(protection scrolls, red and rainbow flames, etc) function. I've seen in another game all of their temporary items share one expiration date that's like six-plus months down the road, and everything with that date stacks properly.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited August 2019
    Ya, wish they would just make them all expire at the same time so they actually stack. Maybe all at the end of the week before reset or something.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Ya, wish they would just make them all expire at the same time so they actually stack. Maybe all at the end of the week before reset or something.

Or, y'know, the end of the event itself. Either way this "every item has a unique expiration timer so they can't stack" thing has gone on for far too many years.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    They do all expire at the same time.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    So it would appear. Why, then, do they not stack?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I don't think items that expire can be stacked unless you obtain them all at the same time.
    This limitation should be fixed.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I don't think items that expire can be stacked unless you obtain them all at the same time.
    This limitation should be fixed.

Not so much fixed, more so changed so that everything with identical expiration times stacks.

The drop rate of the coupons seems to be significantly lower than it's been during previous runs of the event. Small victories, I suppose.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited August 2019
    30 mins of grinding and my use tab is full. I very much dislike this. Very poorly designed. Most modern game developers would laugh at the people responsible for it, especially for failing to change it for years.
    I'm very happy with the way my character looks, so this event is meaningless to me. I would like an "off" button for this event.
    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited August 2019
    They cant stuck because each coupon looted has time expire ++ / different from other
    About pet ignore nx item still its not fixed....(pets run for the items but not pick Wich make them stuck in same spot and avoid loot other untill you force move them few times)

The only way they can do its by letting us choose from mob drop list what we want to farm
    ( There is more solution but we know code team is not capable to do..)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    They cant stuck because each coupon looted has time expire ++ / different from other

Found the guy that didn't read the thread. They all expire at the same time. Every one of the five I picked up doing morass dailies expires at the exact same time. 9/18/2019 00:00
    darik
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2019
    I would also like a way to stop picking these up. I don't need or want them.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Scorched earth method: disable auto-loot

Practical solution:
    Uww1C9F.png
  • FoxxyLunaFoxxyLuna
    Reactions: 310
    edited August 2019
    They could just make the Beauty Coupons stack, instead of it horde half ur inventory
    WONDERGUY
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2019
    this reminds me of the valentine chocolates all over again...LEARN!!!
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Why learn when copypaste is so much easier?
  • IceSapphireIceSapphire
    Reactions: 940
    edited September 2019
    I think its a good idea iv'e used over 800 Random beauty Coupons being able to just jump around and pick them up in seconds is a huge time saver for me. The event only lasts a few weeks so just drop them untill then or fill your inventory with potions/take off pets for a few weeks when training!

*Cheers*
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2019
    The fact that you like it does not, in any way, dismiss the issues other people have with it. The event runs for two weeks and you can easily get a dozen coupons in a minute(more if you're grinding with 2x exp/drop and a totem or kishin going), add to that the fact that people generally spend hours at a time grinding, your "it's not so bad" is frankly insulting.

I shouldn't have to fill my use tab(which is fully expanded by the way) with garbage just to keep from picking up more garbage. As others have said, you cannot receive sudden mission rewards, nor bounty hunter and inferno wolf rewards if any tab of your inventory is full. Why are the players expected to work around a poorly-implemented event?

As @AKradian and many others over the years have said, this event needs to have an opt-in quest instead of just "it's event time now, say goodbye to your use tab"
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    I think its a good idea iv'e used over 800 Random beauty Coupons being able to just jump around and pick them up in seconds is a huge time saver for me. The event only lasts a few weeks so just drop them untill then or fill your inventory with potions/take off pets for a few weeks when training!

*Cheers*

You could still "just jump around and pick them up" if the coupons stacked in one inventory slot, or if they could be excluded by pet ignore, or if the event could be opted out of.

The random looks part of the event is fun, and I'm glad they brought it back after some people thought we'd never get it again. But the inventory-clog of the coupons is an unnecessary annoyance.
    FuhreakCrystalOra