[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Only USA getting burning event?

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Allowed wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    EU servers were down because it was a scheduled game update. You want a burning event for every maintenance too?

A scheduled update that takes a whole day?

The scheduled update was always supposed to take the majority of the day (19 hours), and we were told this beforehand. If you wanna complain about extensions you can do that, but the Elysium-Aurora exclusive burning event has nothing to do with it.
  • AllowedAllowed
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited September 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    EU servers were down because it was a scheduled game update. You want a burning event for every maintenance too?

A scheduled update that takes a whole day?

The scheduled update was always supposed to take the majority of the day (19 hours), and we were told this beforehand. If you wanna complain about extensions you can do that, but the Elysium-Aurora exclusive burning event has nothing to do with it.

Then atleast give a compensation is that so hard for nexon..

Basically i waited this long for nothing.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    1. The vast majority of NA players (those playing in Reboot, Bera, and Scania) aren't having any special events, either. Your "EU is being discriminated against" complaint has no basis.

2. Nexon wants people to play the new worlds, so they have events in the new worlds. The events are not intended to make up for the long maintenance, which is why other worlds that had long maintenance don't get them.

3. The length of the maintenance was announced ahead of time. You could have planned for something better to do that day than wait for Maple to come back.
    This is not the same as when a maintenance is extended and people come back at the time it was supposed to end, and spend a few hours F5'ing for updates.
    Maintenances that are extended for a significant amount of time, get compensation. Maintenances that are announced ahead of time to be long, don't deserve compensation.
    FuhreakAggraphine
  • AllowedAllowed
    edited September 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    1. The vast majority of NA players (those playing in Reboot, Bera, and Scania) aren't having any special events, either. Your "EU is being discriminated against" complaint has no basis.

2. Nexon wants people to play the new worlds, so they have events in the new worlds. The events are not intended to make up for the long maintenance, which is why other worlds that had long maintenance don't get them.

3. The length of the maintenance was announced ahead of time. You could have planned for something better to do that day than wait for Maple to come back.
    This is not the same as when a maintenance is extended and people come back at the time it was supposed to end, and spend a few hours F5'ing for updates.
    Maintenances that are extended for a significant amount of time, get compensation. Maintenances that are announced ahead of time to be long, don't deserve compensation.

Where did i say EU is being discriminated stop spreading fake news.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2019

In KMS, when there is a new server opened, they celebrate it with drop events as well as Monster Collection rates being increased etc. Consider this event as a "baby shower" or birthday.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019

Let's see... how many different ways did you say that EU gets nothing while NA gets all the good stuff?

Kind of unfair that us europeans aren't getting a burning event..

i feel misleaded in the news update it didn't say it would be only for the US server..
    EU server was down for a whole day just like NA while you got new events

We litteraly got nothing not even a compensation..
    aye, i see you guys get a good event and us in the european server gets nothing new.
    But still you guys have 3x burning event in a row now and us europeans only 2x in a row feels sad.
    To be honest in the news update it didn't say it would be a US server only event.

TwilightHime
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    I shot down that last one myself!

Also, anyone who unironically uses the term "fake news", I immediately lose any respect for them and know to completely disregard any opinions they may have in the future because, by the use of the term "fake news", they've shown that they have absolutely nothing to say worth hearing.
  • AllowedAllowed
    edited September 2019

Let's see... how many different ways did you say that EU gets nothing while NA gets all the good stuff?

i feel misleaded in the news update it didn't say it would be only for the US server..
    EU server was down for a whole day just like NA while you got new events

We litteraly got nothing not even a compensation..
    aye, i see you guys get a good event and us in the european server gets nothing new.
    But still you guys have 3x burning event in a row now and us europeans only 2x in a row feels sad.
    To be honest in the news update it didn't say it would be a US server only event.

If you saw my last message would have known i said "also applies to non merged NA servers"
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Quit moving the goalposts.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited September 2019
    this thread lmao..
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2019
    The current burning event is only in Aurora and Elysium, the new merged worlds.

Sorry you feel that way. Tell you what, next time you guys have 15 servers merged down into two, you'll get your own EU-side-only burning event exclusive to the two new worlds too.

It says is for the new worlds pretty clear in patch notes,id have loved they do it for everyone...
    And hey, dont be so selfish,if the game needs a full day maintenance then so be it, if then eu part needs a maint that affects all servers theyll have to suffer it too, we are one americ aand europe, we are one community, if goes goes down we all go down, lets all be united and nice to our other side of the ocean friend.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited September 2019

The thing is Allowed arguing with them would get you nowhere they won't get it lmao. They would only see it there way, one-way things could of solve is if one of them explained it and told you if you would like an EU burning event to put in suggestions for the nexon team to see. The thing is some people you don't argue with as it's not productive. Even my reading this seen discrimination had nothing to do with the topic but the matter of a server having issues and not being compensated for it.

I see where your coming from with this but trust me if you keep doing it they will mute or shut this thread down on some dumb ish, I think the right course of action would be to put your concern in suggestions by doing this a team member would maybe see it and make it happen "maybe". I do wish you and EU players luck as us in main servers havent had 2x in years.