[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Solo Cra

Savvy64Savvy64
Reactions: 600
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Hello I am currently in Reboot and I have all Pensalir armor and I am trying to run a solo progression without getting carried. Currently, I am stuck at trying to solo Chaos Root Abyss. I am here asking for advice, currently I am LVL 210 hero with 2.3 mil ranged buffed and about 112% boss dmg, and ideas on how to get strong enough for CRA. I currently hit bosses for about 10- 15 mil. Any advice would be appreciated, especially from those who have accomplished this task thank you.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    You're gonna need a lot more than 112 boss damage and hitting 10-15m per line, especially on a hero.

First order of business, show your gear, your stats. What codex set are you using?

Also, worth noting, it's not necessarily a carry if you go with people who are in a similar boat as yourself. If you're trying to do literally everything by yourself without the aid of other players in any way, shape or form, you're going to hit a wall very quickly.
    Fuhreak
  • Savvy64Savvy64
    edited August 2019
    How do you want me to show you my gear?
    And thanks
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    For me personally, I was able to solo CRA starting about 220, same deal, no carries and no party.
    Could have done it much earlier if I had just gone with a party, but it's somewhat hard imo to find a legit party.
    If you can make a video where you hover over each piece of gear for 2-3 seconds that should be fine enough.
    Just upload it to whatever sharing site you want (I recommend https://streamable.com) and place the link here.
    A screenshot of your stat page will work for that bit.
  • Savvy64Savvy64
    edited October 2019
    Hopefully, this thread isn't dead because I have been away at college but here you go
    https://p86.f2.n0.cdn.getcloudapp.com/items/DOuGNPrd/Screen+Recording+2019-10-04+at+04.43.05.52+PM.mp4
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Hmm, my two cents (for reference I'm on a normal server, but I'm using full Pensalir cause I'm being stubborn and saying I won't wear CRA till I can solo without). It is possible (so far I've done the first three and only have Vellum left, haven't really tried in like 6months cause of this and that/laziness). Main advice/question is: Are you running out of time or are you running out of lives? If you're running out of time, then it's an issue of range/damage output, and that's solved by improving potential lines, star forcing, and nodes. If you're running out of lives, then it's an issue of mechanics, and that's solved by learning the boss either through practice runs or watching videos.
  • Savvy64Savvy64
    edited October 2019
    OK thanks, I have been running out of time for the clown so that means I need to up my damage output. For the queen, it is a matter of lives so I need to learn the boss.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Savvy64 wrote: »
    OK thanks, I have been running out of time for the clown so that means I need to up my damage output. For the queen, it is a matter of lives so I need to learn the boss.

For the clown you need to make sure you either burst down before he has a chance to split or get each clown low, then kill yourself on purpose to get rid of the hat and kill them at the same time.
    Regardless of the method you chose, make sure you do your burst right after they switch for the most amount of time before they switch again.
    If you kill one clown but give them enough time to switch again, they will revive.

As for your equipment, you need to pick up a 4th ring. Make sure you star force your equipment too, a lot of your gear was at 0 stars.
    You're missing out on a lot of damage because of that. You can pick up a cracked Gollux Ring easily to fill the ring slot.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

For the clown you need to make sure you either burst down before he has a chance to split or get each clown low, then kill yourself on purpose to get rid of the hat and kill them at the same time.
    Regardless of the method you chose, make sure you do your burst right after they switch for the most amount of time before they switch again.
    If you kill one clown but give them enough time to switch again, they will revive.

As for your equipment, you need to pick up a 4th ring. Make sure you star force your equipment too, a lot of your gear was at 0 stars.
    You're missing out on a lot of damage because of that. You can pick up a cracked Gollux Ring easily to fill the ring slot.

You can also just kill one of them while they're both really low and then kill the remaining one before ~30 sec - 45 sec (can't remember exact time) is up and they respawn.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2019
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited October 2019
    Hello I am currently in Reboot and I have all Pensalir armor and I am trying to run a solo progression without getting carried. Currently, I am stuck at trying to solo Chaos Root Abyss. I am here asking for advice, currently I am LVL 210 hero with 2.3 mil ranged buffed and about 112% boss dmg, and ideas on how to get strong enough for CRA. I currently hit bosses for about 10- 15 mil. Any advice would be appreciated, especially from those who have accomplished this task thank you.

Trying to solo cra in reboot is like climbing Mt.Everest and the gears needed are on the top of the mountain. Just get the cra gears by getting carries and then invest meso to cubing proper cra sets and then attempt the solo
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Trying to solo cra in reboot is like climbing Mt.Everest and the gears needed are on the top of the mountain. Just get the cra gears by getting carries and then invest meso to cubing proper cra sets and then attempt the solo
    I am trying to run a solo progression without getting carried
    You missed the point. Solo CRA is possible. I've done it while remaining a pretty casual player.
    I eventually moved on to solo Lomien as well. So telling this player to just "give up" on his challenge is insulting at best.
    YinYangX
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    I am trying to run a solo progression without getting carried
    You missed the point. Solo CRA is possible. I've done it while remaining a pretty casual player.
    I eventually moved on to solo Lomien as well. So telling this player to just "give up" on his challenge is insulting at best.

lol somebody is triggered. Chill ur panties. I simply didn't read the part where he's doing this for a challenge. "insulting at best" lol love it when people are so overdramatic
  • Savvy64Savvy64
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the insight but how many stars should I get my equipment to? I was thinking 10 maybe 15?
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the insight but how many stars should I get my equipment to? I was thinking 10 maybe 15?

Only get the equips that could be used for transfer hammering to 16. Antique gloves + boots can be starred and then transferred to absolab.
    Aside from starring, you should fill up your ring slots. It wont really end up being a waste of mesos to get to legendary because you could just turn it into meso gear once you find better alternatives.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    I managed to beat Chaos Von Bon but only after getting a full CRA set from the Auction House.

If you want the best chances and going completely solo you'll need more than Pensalir. Von Leon and Empress both are stronger than the Pensalir set and their full set effect gives plenty of Boss Damage, which you'll need. The equipment I recommend is this. I'll also assume you will solo any other boss as well to get the items.

Superior, Reinforced and Solid Gollux rings with Gollux store scrolls: These items are Best in Slot and will last you through the whole game.
    Kanna's Trasure Ring: Unless you have a stronger event ring this is the best alternative, its as strong as the Meister Ring.
    Hayato's Treasue Shoulder: Has set effect with Kanna's treasure and the same stats as the Empress shoulder without the hassle of dealing with Normal Empress.
    Reinforced Gollux Belt, Earring, Pendant: Once you are able to do Hellux you'll change them to Superior, however Hellux is just as bad as CRA. A full Reinforced Gollux gives plenty of range boosts as well as a free 30% Boss and 15% Ignore Defense.
    Pendant Slot Unlock: Costs 3200 RP and lasts for a month, you could use it and equip any of the Boss Set pendants to keep up their effects or get your other non-Gollux pendant.
    Hat, Body, Gloves, Shoes, Weapon, Cape: Empress. You can get all of them by doing Easy Empress weekly and are the best set before CRA. Alternatively you can get the Von Leon set for cheaper but at slightly less stats. Both come with Boss Flames but you'll need to provide potentials for them.

Badge, Face, Eye, Pocket: Boss items. The Face and Eye from Zakum comes with Boss flames and can be slightly stronger than the Sweetwater ones provided they have good flames, Sweetwater take a bit more work but can be stronger than Zakum's. Magnus's Crystal Ventus Badge and Pink Bean's Holy Pink Cup are best in slot until endgame.

Secondary: Varies from class to class. If you have shields then you'll get them from Shaolin Temple for the fearless shield or from Normal Empress for the Deimos shield. For secondaries its Princess No but that can take a while.

Emblem: Get your emblem to the best potential possible since its the only item you for sure won't replace.

Since you are in Reboot its going to be a lot of money grinding to get those to their best potentials, but once you do its all a matter of practice to beat CRA.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019

Grab at least 10 stars. 15 is a bit more expensive so maybe hang at 12 if you're low on meso funds. Pensalir can always be transfered into RA set.
    As MagicFoxhair pointed out, Antique gear can transfer into Absolab.
    If you can solo Zakum (Can't remember which is harder tbh) then the cape/belt from that are also good for transfers.
    Your medal also isn't doing anything for you, so you should replace it asap.
    If you can use a shield with your weapon you want to switch to that as well, the starforce makes it a better option than secondary gear.

Make sure your link skills and legion grid is setup for bossing as well. If you don't have a lot of characters you won't have this, so ignore if you don't.
    You can also use your guild buff/ursus to get some extra damage in, if your guild runs flag race you can pop those buffs as well.
    You have some extra hyper stat points so you should redistribute those so that you end up with the best possible gains with 0 points left over.
    There's a guide/google doc for this, but honestly it's probably fine to just feel it out if you don't care about absolute best.
    The google sheet takes awhile to setup but here you go if you want it anyway.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gi3Ax6bUN4FHeQ43vG0gwMIv7os1nFXhu4ygcwFnM2k/
    Warning: There is a lot of stuff on this google sheet, it might lag your browser/computer
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Gollux store scrolls
    Do not exist in reboot.
    Hellux is just as bad as CRA.
    I was able to solo Hellux long before CRA.

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2019
    When I did my solo only progression on Reboot, I had the following before being able to solo 3/4 cra bosses.
    Lionheart Battle Helm
    Lionheart Battle Bracer
    Lionheart Battle Mail
    Lionheart Battle Boot
    Lionheart Battle Cape
    Lionheart Cutlass
    Lionheart Battle Shoulder
    Deimos Warrior Shield
    Mechanator Pendant
    Chaos Horntail pendent
    Golden Clover Belt
    Gold Maple Leaf Emblem
    Crystal Ventus Badge
    Antellion Guardian
    Condensed Power Crystal
    Black Bean Mark
    Silver Blossom Ring
    Noble Ifia's Ring
    Kanna Treasure
    Black Gate Ring
    Pink Holy Cup
    Dea Sidus Earring
    Superior Hunter Title

Potential on armor was usually around 15% str, on weapon/secondary/emblem was either 2 lines of attack or combination of %boss and ignore enemy defense.
    Bonus stat on armor was either (+80 str), (40 str, 5% all stat), (+50 str, +5 att).
    Bonus stat on weapon was tier 6 att.
    Only weapon was 16 stars, everything else was 10 stars.
    I think level at the time was around 215.
    Around 2500 str from arcane symbol.
    Around lv 40 Raging Blow boost note (from a combination of 4 different nodes).
    Around lv 10 Burning Soul Blade.
    Around Lv 5 Instinctual Combo.
    Leafre monster set bonus.

Decent hyper Body, monster park gold potion (when it used to have +2000HP), lv 8 Hp hyper skill was used to push HP to barely above 80000 for Chaos Crimson Queen.

Lionheart hat/outfit/cape was replaced with 10* CRA hat/top/bottom and 2* Tyrant Hyades Cape before soloing Chaos Vellum.
    FuhreakHuskyDM