[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character active buffs

DivinegodsDivinegods
Reactions: 100
edited October 2019 in General Chat
Can someone tell me what class gets the most range after buff?

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2019
    Probably phantom or dual blade or dark knight,or hero, but having a high range doesnt mean having high damage, a lot of classes the range is inflated as fk.
  • DivinegodsDivinegods
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2019
    Im currently looking at kanna and that class seems impossible to play because even after buffing the range stays the same sp om trying to look for a class with high consistent buffs
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Either dual blade or hero tbh. Dual blade because final cut, hero because combo attack. Final cut on its own is a 40% final damage increase, combo attack is a bit trickier.

I can't find any numbers for the base per-orb damage boost, but advanced combo, a 4th job passive that buffs it, increases the per-orb damage boost to 5%, and increases your max number of orbs to 10, increasing by a further 2% per orb with the reinforce hyper passive for a total of 70% final damage.

TL;DR: if you're looking for a class whose range can potentially skyrocket just from self buffs, go for hero or dual blade(hero might be the less-expensive route too)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Divinegods wrote: »
    Im currently looking at kanna and that class seems impossible to play because even after buffing the range stays the same sp om trying to look for a class with high consistent buffs

Make sure to give Haku a good fan.
    Kanna's damage range goes up quite a bit after buffing.

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Explorer mages get almost all of their damage from Infinity.
    If you're looking for a character that depends on active buffs look no further.
    Why you would want to actively seek a character for that reason alone is beyond me.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2019
    I haven't mained any other classes, so i can't speak for them. I do however know how a dual blade works. Us dual blades have a massive buffing sequence every 2 minutes or so. When you're fighting a boss, make sure you know when it's safe to start buffing and which buffs allow you to move while casting it, because it's gonna take you a good 10 seconds. At least most of the cooldowns line up nicely.
    I'm currently at 6.5-7.2 mill clean range. When i buff up with my regular buffs, my range doubles give or take (mostly thanks to Final Cut). When i use Last Resort x2 and Angelic Buster link for the short burst, my range breaches the 20 mill. That's a freakishly powerful Blade Tempest. Asura's Anger might get a few seconds of it too. After that it's back to "normal" though.
    I don't know how hard dual blades are to fund compared to others. I do know that it's taken me a long time to get this far.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2019
    The thing is...a high range after Buffs does NOT mean a strong character...Phantom and Hero in particular suffer from range inflation early game...my Phantom may have like 300k buffed but it doesn't reflect in the damage. I believe this also applies to Dark Knight.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    The thing is...a high range after Buffs does NOT mean a strong character...Phantom and Hero in particular suffer from range inflation early game...my Phantom may have like 300k buffed but it doesn't reflect in the damage. I believe this also applies to Dark Knight.

Range is overrated as a measurement for power. Main Stat + a few other things such as IED/Boss/Crit are better at judging these things.
    Yet I still see people constantly asking for range in-game, as if it actually meant something.