[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hayato bug?

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2019 in Bug Reporting
I don't know if anyone is aware of this, but I was playing on my Hayato and noticed that Hitokiri Strike doesn't give the 45% critical rate increase. I have my character stat window up, but when I use the skill, the critical rate increase is not applied. I was wondering why my critical rate was suspiciously low and this skill bug seems to be the cause.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Does the skill tooltip still say it gives the crit rate bonus?
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2019
    If you hit a monster with the buff, you will see that the crit rate is working as intended, it just doesn't show up on the stat window.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Does the skill tooltip still say it gives the crit rate bonus?

Yes, when I hover over it, it says, it give 45% critical rate.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »
    If you hit a monster with the buff, you will see that the crit rate is working as intended, it just doesn't show up on the stat window.

Really? Because when I use it, if it gives 45% critical rate, I should be at almost 100% however, my lines when I attack don't turn into the critical digits and I don't hit criticals as often as I should be. If it is working as intended, then isn't it still a bug because, it doesn't show up? It might just be a visual bug. I'll give it another try and see if I can tell the difference.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2019

All red lines after using Hitokiri strike when stat window say 53% (total of 98% crit rate with the buff).
    Been like this since Hayato was released (and many bug reports about this), only reason why I think it remain unchanged is to ensure that Hitokiri Strike does not cancel out Sharp Eye and vice versa.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »

All red lines after using Hitokiri strike when stat window say 53% (total of 98% crit rate with the buff).
    Been like this since Hayato was released (and many bug reports about this), only reason why I think it remain unchanged is to ensure that Hitokiri Strike does not cancel out Sharp Eye and vice versa.

Thank you for the video evidence. Though I'm guess I'm just remembering wrong, but I've played Hayato for a long time, and I was sure that it actually showed the critical rate increase because I remember seeing it. But thank you for a clear answer, now I know that nothing is wrong. And I actually tested it myself and I noticed that my critical rate did indeed go up. Though I'm not sure about the reasoning why it's like that either.