[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestions

JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
Reactions: 1,065
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Can you imagine how many people would play this game if you had an event where you kill monsters for maple points or drops like BoD or Frenzy Totem?

Also is there a way to see what % my node skills are before upgrading them? If not, can there be? Otherwise it's pretty demotivating to just keep dumping nodestones to upgrade a skill that will forever be at lv 17 so I don't try intentionally to max out my nodes anymore
  1. Make an event where monsters may drop Maple points/Bod?Frenzy Totem.12 votes
    1. Yes
       58% (7 votes)
    2. No
       42% (5 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Yes, we all know how many people would play if they literally gave away free cash shop money and the most-desired equipment items that are only acquired via rng. It's never going to happen.

The second one, click the node and it'll show on the right.
    darikKuronekonova
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    Can you imagine how many people would play this game if you had an event where you kill monsters for maple points or drops like BoD or Frenzy Totem?

Everyone would, its free money, however its terrible for the game economy which already is in shambles. Maplehood is good enough.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2019
    Has anyone ever won big with Maplehood though? Don't think I've ever seen it. We could have a " Maple points" event similar to spell trace fever. During several 2 hour windows every few weekends, monsters have a small chance to give some maple points. In amounts similar to honor exp drops, for example. Just with a fixed and lower droprate. I think this could be really fun, and i feel the impact on the economy wouldn't be that big if done right. Might even be a positive influence. Consider people on a hiatus coming back to play to earn some maple points. Some might even stay after. Instead of rewarding very few in Maplehood with a large amount of points, everyone would be rewarded with a small amount of points (assuming they grind during the right times).
    Anyway, just my thought process. I'd be interested to know if you guys think this could work or not and why.
    darikKuronekonova
  • Kroxas123Kroxas123
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2019
    I want to see more lines on Hayato
    darik
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    Has anyone ever won big with Maplehood though? Don't think I've ever seen it. We could have a " Maple points" event similar to spell trace fever. During several 2 hour windows every few weekends, monsters have a small chance to give some maple points. In amounts similar to honor exp drops, for example. Just with a fixed and lower droprate. I think this could be really fun, and i feel the impact on the economy wouldn't be that big if done right. Might even be a positive influence. Consider people on a hiatus coming back to play to earn some maple points. Some might even stay after. Instead of rewarding very few in Maplehood with a large amount of points, everyone would be rewarded with a small amount of points (assuming they grind during the right times).
    Anyway, just my thought process. I'd be interested to know if you guys think this could work or not and why.

I think you are confusing Maplehood with the Sugar Time event. Sugar Time makes you stay afk for a few hours to get a chance of Maple points and other items. Even then Sugar Time does give you some useful items, like pets, for free.

Maplehood on the other hand has you doing some tasks for guaranteed rewards, and really good ones at that, repeatable with every character you have.

Example: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/52237/join-the-maplehood-watch-for-new-rewards.

Anyone would come in to get free money, but the only way you can call people on hiatus back is if you are giving a good amount, otherwise people won't bother. But whats a good amount? Enough NX for a cube? 5 cubes? 11 Premium boxes? Its not easy and from a developer pov its a detrimental, dangerous move, people will continue to expect them to receive free cash. As it is Maplehood and Sugar Time well to give people free stuff without being to risky.