[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Am I the only one?

ChukkiChukki
Reactions: 1,525
edited February 2017 in General Chat
This is a non-fiction story.

I played this game for so long and have quit and came back many times for the past 8~9 years honestly.

I haven't played this game in about 1 month and it's mainly because I just don't see the fun of Maplestory anymore.

My rotation of maplestory
- Doing the same daily bosses
- Doing the same dailies of arcane river
- Meso farm on reboot if I need to improve the range.

Doing the same daily bosses? Doing the same dailies on arcane river? Doing some events that i'm not even interested in? Meso farming? Leveling even though there's no point because the damage comes from cubing?

It's no wonder I haven't played this game in over a month, I literally have gotten BORED of Maplestory.

When I realized this, I came to the conclusion that this is pretty much why a lot of my friends quit just because of those reasons I listed.

Here's the thing though.............. I just came back from quitting 2 months ago and already have a new character with over 1mil range.

The range is "ok" definitely not end-game in my eyes.

But if I wanted to............I could spent another few months and get 2mil~2mil range on reboot. (If I were to grind non-stop 24/7 for years, I could even get more)

Why would I want to do that? To beat bosses and level faster?

I don't see the "fun" in doing daily bosses because it's the same thing over and over.

I might be the only reason to think that these are the reasons Maplestory can be so boring right now.

I spent a lot of money to support Nexon and hopefully my money would be supported into improving the game. I haven't seen much progress but I will pray to God that this game will be better.

- a player who hasn't logged in over a month due to being bored.

JettLuvsU

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    Chukki wrote: »

I spent a lot of money to support Nexon and hopefully my money would be supported into improving the game. I haven't seen much progress but I will pray to God that this game will be better.

You should spend more money. Nexon is struggling and we need to support them financially so we may all get the things we want in Maplestory.
    Lilyflower
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited February 2017

You should spend more money. Nexon is struggling and we need to support them financially so we may all get the things we want in Maplestory.

It's too bad they don't have anything that I want.
    :c

Business is tough isn't it Nexon? :>

• NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited February 2017
    I actually still have many things to do at maplestory. I do almost everyday, what you say plus
    * Daily Kritias Missions and sometimes Invasion (Just 10 or 5 minutes, enough to get 1000 points) to get Weekly resets & help guildies.
    * Tower of Oz, I like this content a lot, and trying to get higher number of floors as possible. Personal record, like floor 45.
    * Farm Lachelein for Arcane orbs, not much time, like 20 or 30 mins til I get bored.
    * Onwards to Masteria (This one like for 2 days lol, since I'm just doing it, i didn't do it when it was released)
    * Commerci solo voyages (One or two extra cubes, for obvious reasons)
    * Practice for high difficult bosses (at least for me, there are ones i can't beat still)

And this is pretty much time, I don't do them everyday, cause gosh, it would last like 10 or 12 hours to do all of them and its like NOPE.
    I need to rest too, lol. I still have fun at Maplestory. If you don't, well not everything is HIGH RANGE, getting MESO, or anything, that are things that I actually do, but new content I still can improve or just finish is still fun. I get fun doing as many stuff as I can, or chatting or bossing with guildies.

I actually like the way Maplestory is doing their content. I just dislike the connectivity issues, that Maplestory still have to improve.
    MomTeresaIvangold
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited February 2017
    Nyvor wrote: »
    I actually still have many things to do at maplestory. I do almost everyday, what you say plus
    * Daily Kritias Missions and sometimes Invasion (Just 10 or 5 minutes, enough to get 1000 points) to get Weekly resets & help guildies.
    * Tower of Oz, I like this content a lot, and trying to get higher number of floors as possible. Personal record, like floor 45.
    * Farm Lachelein for Arcane orbs, not much time, like 20 or 30 mins til I get bored.
    * Onwards to Masteria (This one like for 2 days lol, since I'm just doing it, i didn't do it when it was released)
    * Commerci solo voyages (One or two extra cubes, for obvious reasons)
    * Practice for high difficult bosses (at least for me, there are ones i can't beat still)

And this is pretty much time, I don't do them everyday, cause gosh, it would last like 10 or 12 hours to do all of them and its like NOPE.
    I need to rest too, lol. I still have fun at Maplestory. If you don't, well not everything is HIGH RANGE, getting MESO, or anything, that are things that I actually do, but new content I still can improve or just finish is still fun. I get fun doing as many stuff as I can, or chatting or bossing with guildies.

I actually like the way Maplestory is doing their content. I just dislike the connectivity issues, that Maplestory still have to improve.

I see! I'm glad you are enjoying it :>

For me however.......

I don't seem to be enjoying the dailies mainly because I see them as chores just to progress through the game.

I like having to progress through the game! It's just a boring progress I guess :s

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited February 2017
    I stopped playing the game due to many problems lag and other issues and nexon is not giving an honest answer to their players but to those who enjoy good luck and beware.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    I blame that on the super easy leveling and low player count. You can get to 200 on a determined day of 2x exp (which includes the high multiplier stacks) and bypass like 70% of the content created for levels 10-200. Most of this can be done through solo grinding and party content is lackluster due to the nerfs of good PQs rather than the revamp of bad ones.
    vexyn
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited February 2017
    I know players will miss the old times where bosses are tough monsters are tough and u need a party team to beat it and experience the fun! :) this is why not alot of players are playing the game right now because u don't see players doing pt on some bosses.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    I know players will miss the old times where bosses are tough monsters are tough and u need a party team to beat it and experience the fun! :) this is why not alot of players are playing the game right now because u don't see players doing pt on some bosses.
    people not partying for bosses is probably the smallest reason why many players quit the game.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    maple is a time killer for me not a thriller. oh, well.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017

For me however.......

I don't seem to be enjoying the dailies mainly because I see them as chores just to progress through the game.

I like having to progress through the game! It's just a boring progress I guess :s
    I think the problem is the lack in variety in upgrading and how to get in such a position.

In Reboot, mesos farming is the only way either through killing mobs or bossing.

In other servers it requires interaction with other players.

There are good events and content in order to get you to where you need to go. Some examples are the Mu Lung Dojo Shop for Epic Potential Scrolls or Gollux.

But sometimes I feel like a small margin of progress should get you somewhere else. I find it bizarre that getting to Level 200 is just a small stepping stone and the main factors are damage range. There's a giant imbalance to serve the gaps between Normal and Chaos/Hard Bosses.

I mean I played through with sheer will but this is one of the many reasons why many of my real life friends wouldn't play this game. The game progression in this game is too linear in some forms or too complex in others. What took me to accomplish soloing Normal Vellum versus Chaos Vellum can be measured in years which may sound pretty pathetic to some merchants but to average or starting players they would never invest such time into the game if the progression is so wack.

The only dailies that I think are the best is Arcane River. That's something they've done right, but the content is so inaccessible due to the sheer amount of damage you need in order to part-take in it along with 5th job.
    CatoooloooIcyWraith
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited February 2017

For me however.......

I think the problem is the lack in variety in upgrading and how to get in such a position.

In Reboot, mesos farming is the only way either through killing mobs or bossing.

In other servers it requires interaction with other players.

There are good events and content in order to get you to where you need to go. Some examples are the Mu Lung Dojo Shop for Epic Potential Scrolls or Gollux.

But sometimes I feel like a small margin of progress should get you somewhere else. I find it bizarre that getting to Level 200 is just a small stepping stone and the main factors are damage range. There's a giant imbalance to serve the gaps between Normal and Chaos/Hard Bosses.

I mean I played through with sheer will but this is one of the many reasons why many of my real life friends wouldn't play this game. The game progression in this game is too linear in some forms or too complex in others. What took me to accomplish soloing Normal Vellum versus Chaos Vellum can be measured in years which may sound pretty pathetic to some merchants but to average or starting players they would never invest such time into the game if the progression is so wack.

The only dailies that I think are the best is Arcane River. That's something they've done right, but the content is so inaccessible due to the sheer amount of damage you need in order to part-take in it along with 5th job.

10/10 comment
    You explained it perfectly!
    I agree with you as well.

Perhaps normal servers could be more fun than reboot.

Because on reboot your way of progressing on damage range is just the same thing over and over.

On regular servers, interaction between players is definitely a must which leads to other opportunities.

It's just too bad that the way to progress the game is "cubes"
    It's a nice business move by Nexon but.....................it's too expensive for me to play the game if I were to be competitive.

I love being competitive but I want to have fun!

Maplestory in reboot is like being competitive but doing boring stuff.

• EbontribeEbontribe
    Reactions: 425
    edited May 2018
    yeah im in agreement here this game gets super boring super fast.
    Dailies
    farming
    killing to not level

and i agree whats the point if its just all to solo bosses faster.

idk MS2 sucked as well so im unsure if ill continue with MS at all or Nexon.
    To be quite honest if i wanted just dailies and boring grinds with no real job advancement relying on horrible RNG id probably choose WoW.
  • vexynvexyn
    Reactions: 260
    edited May 2018
    AznboiE wrote: »
    I blame that on the super easy leveling and low player count. You can get to 200 on a determined day of 2x exp (which includes the high multiplier stacks) and bypass like 70% of the content created for levels 10-200. Most of this can be done through solo grinding and party content is lackluster due to the nerfs of good PQs rather than the revamp of bad ones.

I agree! When I came back after a few years of not playing I was genuinely stunned at hitting level 50 after just a few hours of playing and having like 4 mil mesos just by doing nothing. I remember it taking at least two hours to get to level 30 way way back in the day. I can see how the super easy leveling might be appealing for people brand new to MS, especially younger age demographics, but it's not enough to keep my attention the way the game used to. Last time I came back for a few weeks, leveled up to 160ish and quit because it's just more of the same.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited May 2018
    Personally i kinda enjoy slowly improving my range to attempt stronger bosses. It's probably one of the few reasons i still play this game. But in order to get a higher range i do dailies everyday (VJ, chu chu, dream defender, commerci, boss run, dark world tree and scrapyard) and that does get boring. I only put up with it because i want more range.
    So i try to change it up a little every now and then to keep things a bit interesting for myself. Sometimes i spend an hour or something working on monster collection. Or i go play on an alt, not just for link/legion, but to see what their skills are like and how they play. There are many classes i haven't tried yet. Tower of oz and mu lung dojo every now and then can be fun too. Or sometimes even just play a low lvl questline I've never done before just to see the story.
    I also haven't been playing long enough to see all the events that are in rotation, so some of them i find enjoyable still.
    Other than that it's talking to guildies or finding new players to help out a little.
    There are plenty of boring aspects to this game yeah, but also plenty of ways to keep things interesting. Though it all begins and ends with whether or not you have the motivation to make your main better i would imagine.