[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A Proposal that needs your support.

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    Pretty wrote: »
    Yea, we all know these people aren't completely innocent but it's quite sad how the attention shifted away from the hackers, exploiters, and dupers and stuck on the banned 'pros'.

What you don't realize is that quite a few of these "pros" are one and the same.

Where's your proof? I didn't know I need to 'realize' an opinion of yours.

Anyways, I really don't care if these guys stay banned or get released. It's just a shame that all this noise is caused by like 20 ppl getting banned for buying/handling illegit weapons when there are thousands of hackers wreaking havoc on Maple. Also, what about all the duped items that have been around for YEARS, can we ban the ppl who have those items as well while we're at it?
    JettLuvsULilyflower
  • JollyTacoJollyTaco
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2017
    As a player for many years the way nexon deals with things now is extremely unfair with the constant change with the Tos and some rules they decide to ignor.
    Sometimes i wonder if nexon even checked the accounts that they are going to ban instead of a Auto Scan and ban as some people in who posted here only had the item in the inventory for 1 second are banned w/o the knowledge of the item being Exploited.

CindereIIa
  • trapitrapi
    Reactions: 345
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    JollyTaco wrote: »
    As a player for many years the way nexon deals with things now is extremely unfair with the constant change with the Tos and some rules they decide to ignor.
    Sometimes i wonder if nexon even checked the accounts that they are going to ban instead of a Auto Scan and ban as some people in who posted here only had the item in the inventory for 1 second are banned w/o the knowledge of the item being Exploited.

Having the weapon in your inventory for a second is already violating the rules of the game.
  • trapitrapi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    First:

These objects they bought illegally, were not bought by chance or "luck", these objects were sold for illegal pages in dollars.

Second:

You call themselves "pro-players" who have been in the game for years and will say they did not know what they were doing was illegal? It was clear to these players that these objects would not be available until after 24-25. 1 coin per week, you need 25 = 25 weeks, it was well known that this but they decided to ignore it.

Third.

In any case "ignorance of the law does not exempt you from it"

Fourth:

Some of these players say they only had the object for a short time, this is just as serious as having bought it directly ... They should read the rules of the game and understand why they were punished too.

Fifth and last.

Having already discovered that these pro-players were willing to break the rules of the game for better objects. How can we know that they did not do it before?

Best wishes and I hope that the investigations clarify things a little more, good luck and good game.
    JettLuvsUAnythingalex7lnfaredDetrivance
  • Seventeen38Seventeen38
    Reactions: 310
    edited March 2017
    You guys took that chance and you got caught lol. As for the OP stating that she was banned, she was one of the first people to log on after the ban wave and start the "#FreeX" smegas.

You wouldn't have any rank changes if you were put back on the rankings. You'd be at (0) but it seems you went down one.
  • VentiVenti
    Reactions: 415
    edited March 2017
    People being permanently banned just for buying something from FM is ridiculous. Even if it any of these players supposedly knew that the Arcane weapons being sold by a hacker it still makes no sense for Nexon to ban these players.

Because fifth job and the Arcane River is still relatively new, it's obvious that many players are excited to become strong enough to get the new Arcane weapons. In my opinon, by banning them for buying these weapons, is like banning them for being overly enthusiastic about the game, which is something Nexon should encourage, not discourage.

Even if some of the people who bought the weapons somehow knew it was being sold by a hacker, what about the people who didn't know? Just ban them too just because? Even if it is considered a "participation of exploits" to Nexon, shouldn't intent be put into consideration as well? I'm sure many, if not all, of these players weren't intending to violate the ToS.

I'm also pretty sure if there was an unlimited stock that all players could afford, everyone would've bought the weapons. If that was the case, would Nexon really just ban everyone playing the game? Hopefully not, because that's obviously a bad move.

Not only does it make them look extremely bad, but doing this doesn't even help them or the community. Most of the players that were banned were some of the most dedicated Maplestory players. Losing these players will impact them, especially since there isn't much Nexon can do to bring in new players that will stay loyal to the game.

I definitely feel like Nexon should've just banned whoever that was using illegal third party methods and deleted the weapons from the game and left it at that.
    trapiCindereIIa
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    You guys are all missing the point and it's a shame. Yea, we all know these people aren't completely innocent but it's quite sad how the attention shifted away from the hackers, exploiters, and dupers and stuck on the banned 'pros'. Whether it's because you guys are jealous, intolerable to mistakes, or simply ignorant, almost everyone here is condemning the people who got banned for getting into this situation, when the blame should be placed on the exploiters who made all of this happen. Hackers continue to run rampant and ruin this game but I'm glad we can all sit here and judge these people who got banned.

Because they are one in the same.
    These people bot or hack on other accounts, leaving their main account "legit."
    I'm not calling anyone out specifically, but it is a common tactic among the super "pro."

trapi
  • Seventeen38Seventeen38
    edited March 2017
    Venti wrote: »
    People being permanently banned just for buying something from FM is ridiculous. Even if it any of these players supposedly knew that the Arcane weapons being sold by a hacker it still makes no sense for Nexon to ban these players.

These items weren't in the FM. You're out of your mind if you think a bunch of arcane weapons were put on the FM for 10b each for players to buy.
    ShippoutrapiPirateIzzy
  • BabyGagaBabyGaga
    Reactions: 110
    edited March 2017
    Innocent or guilty these players are the most active and valuable to the maple community. Everyone made stupid choices, but wouldnt you like to be given a second chance when you make a stupid decision? If so give them a second chance regardless if they innocent or guilty.
    trapiCindereIIa
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    BabyGaga wrote: »
    Innocent or guilty these players are the most active and valuable to the maple community. Everyone made stupid choices, but wouldnt you like to be given a second chance when you make a stupid decision? If so give them a second chance regardless if they innocent or guilty.

for that they should ban appeal to CS.
    in any case, they must stay out of ranking.

trapi
  • trapitrapi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

According to your logic I can do what I want and get away with mine if I am a person "nice and active in the game." Rules are rules.
    JettLuvsU
  • CindereIIaCindereIIa
    Reactions: 470
    edited March 2017

Because fifth job and the Arcane River is still relatively new, it's obvious that many players are excited to become strong enough to get the new Arcane weapons. In my opinon, by banning them for buying these weapons, is like banning them for being overly enthusiastic about the game, which is something Nexon should encourage, not discourage.

Even if some of the people who bought the weapons somehow knew it was being sold by a hacker, what about the people who didn't know? Just ban them too just because? Even if it is considered a "participation of exploits" to Nexon, shouldn't intent be put into consideration as well? I'm sure many, if not all, of these players weren't intending to violate the ToS.

I'm also pretty sure if there was an unlimited stock that all players could afford, everyone would've bought the weapons. If that was the case, would Nexon really just ban everyone playing the game? Hopefully not, because that's obviously a bad move.

Not only does it make them look extremely bad, but doing this doesn't even help them or the community. Most of the players that were banned were some of the most dedicated Maplestory players. Losing these players will impact them, especially since there isn't much Nexon can do to bring in new players that will stay loyal to the game.

I definitely feel like Nexon should've just banned whoever that was using illegal third party methods and deleted the weapons from the game and left it at that.

This is very well written. I appreciate your insight.
    Also to comment; i was indeed banned and also unbanned the same day. I do not play maple as often but my bf logged on my acc after finding out he was banned and told me what was going on. I was off rankings and was put back on a few days ago. As my ign is spelled incorrectly, please do not confuse me with another Cinderella. I felt it was unfair that I was the only one that was able to get unbanned while others were not able to, so i felt that I needed to do something about it. I'm already unbanned why should i care about anything else? These people being banned or unbanned does not affect me. But morally, I would want them to be able to receive the same leniency as me since we float in the same boat. Though these comments are ignorant, one should understand that the replies and the advice were solely given by Nexon themselves, not myself alone. As for anyone else who is aggregated by these hateful comments which seem tempting to flame, please do not feel heated to reply to these disagreeing comments and disregard them as irrelevant. We are all here to only support one another. And support is all that we seek.
    trapi
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Attitudes like this is why the community's standards have deteriorated over the years.
    And we don't know if those banned were also using the exploit themselves to obtain the weapons in the first place and merely moving it to their own account.
    And besides, if you're visiting certain sites where these items were being sold, chances are you are doing other things strictly forbidden.

There needs to be some kind of punishment to show that this behavior isn't acceptable. It's the first step towards repairing the community's toxic attitudes towards cheating.
    trapiJettLuvsUPhantomMasterThief
  • Seventeen38Seventeen38
    edited March 2017
    https://puu.sh/uHzyh/f76c6e272c.png this says otherwise

Please don't say you were off rankings in the morning and that's how you know you were banned.

How did you know you were banned before and unbanned the same day if your bf logged on your account lol... The ban wave banned all the arcane weapon people on the same day. Your story doesn't add up
    trapi
  • lalala12345lalala12345
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2017
    First:

These objects they bought illegally, were not bought by chance or "luck", these objects were sold for illegal pages in dollars.

The ones who got banned in Scania knew they were purchasing from a hacker. Everyone knows that person hacks from Boss Guild. He even smega his items a few times, obviously he didn't obtain it from killing Lucid 24 times? haha sure. Some are even friends with them, the ones who purchased it.

trapi
  • trapitrapi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    https://puu.sh/uHzyh/f76c6e272c.png this says otherwise

How did you know you were banned before and unbanned the same day if your bf logged on your account lol... The ban wave banned all the arcane weapon people on the same day. Your story doesn't add up

I think the same, that story does not fit.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2017
    Unfortunately it was quite obvious they were illegal weapons because it takes at least 24 weeks (killing lucid 24 times) to even be able to get a single weapon other than the arcane shade essence (for zero only). 24 weeks since the release of Lucid (Jan 4th) would be the 2nd week of June, and the only way those equips would be obtained earlier than that would be for them to be in marvel, philo or gach which they have yet to be placed in.

but nexon not taking care of the exploiters/hackers first before they ban the others is a terrible sign of their thought pattern because they should be able to trace the equipment back to the source(s) of the exploiter(s).
  • sorluisorlui
    Reactions: 625
    edited March 2017
    i too have been playing this game since beta and in my own opinion, this is an unjust / unfair ban. from what I understand, nexon banned them due to participating in the exploit of these arcane weapons. however, instead of investigating it further, there was just a chain ban of whoever was holding the item for even just a second.
    nexon should just track down the person/people who were involved in "hacking", and have them banned and delete the item(s) that were obtained from this process.
    trapi
  • lalala12345lalala12345
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2017
    Yes, i do feel the perm ban was unjust but do not play the innocent game of not knowing the item was illegally obtained.
    JettLuvsUAhrianna
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    CindereIIa wrote: »

This is very well written. I appreciate your insight.
    Also to comment; i was indeed banned and also unbanned the same day. I do not play maple as often but my bf logged on my acc after finding out he was banned and told me what was going on. I was off rankings and was put back on a few days ago. As my ign is spelled incorrectly, please do not confuse me with another Cinderella. I felt it was unfair that I was the only one that was able to get unbanned while others were not able to, so i felt that I needed to do something about it. I'm already unbanned why should i care about anything else? These people being banned or unbanned does not affect me. But morally, I would want them to be able to receive the same leniency as me since we float in the same boat. Though these comments are ignorant, one should understand that the replies and the advice were solely given by Nexon themselves, not myself alone. As for anyone else who is aggregated by these hateful comments which seem tempting to flame, please do not feel heated to reply to these disagreeing comments and disregard them as irrelevant. We are all here to only support one another. And support is all that we seek.

you opened this discussion as a ban appeal for your friends, and you don't like that ppl who disagree with you comments here? silly.
    if you don't want other ppl opinions, you should do it privately through Ticket System.

Submit a request -> Account related -> Ban or Suspension Appeals
    trapiCatoooloooBasuraPirateIzzy
This discussion has been closed.