[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Censorship Suggestion.... Round 3 Extended!

Comments

• PoplmonPoplmon
    Reactions: 850
    edited April 2020
    Fawko wrote: »
    What is the point of collecting weekly feedback if it takes over 2 years for Nexon to even look at it?

Seriously. I just tested out that "the willpower" thing, and all the ones where the messages don't go through on all chat. They're still in place. If Nexon somehow thinks this is charming, they're mistaken.

Also seriously confused and moderately frustrated at the dude with the 3 character IGN (how do you do that? Wanted to do that for a guild name, but couldn't find anything.) who is level 162.

I also noticed on the first page of the thread, there was a post removed asking about a toggleable censor. There are further posts about that as well that haven't been removed, so I'm assuming Nexon have abandoned this thread for one reason or another.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2020
    kaupa (basically means getting sold in finnish and the bad word is from some tribal language)
    anai (margana is, lana is, tana is...)
  • AlanctAlanct
    Reactions: 340
    To be honest, I feel like censorship is overwhelming, to the point that it's actually getting harder to communicate trying to find the word combination that would deliver the message we intend to. My very sincere suggestion would be for you guys to let us have the desition to activate and deactivate censorship. I understand that there are a lot of children/teenagers playing this game, and part of censorship keeps us from
    CutieMikuSherriMapleBishopFan85Preet
  • CutieMikuCutieMiku
    Reactions: 960
    edited May 2020
    I have a suggestion (although someone probably said it before)
    Why not the Nexon team make a Disable / Enable censorship filter option in the game settings??
    Obviously showing a warning message when the user wants to disable this option.

Other online games use this type of system, and this would solve the problem for those who don't mind reading some bad words~ lol

Sorry for my bad English, and Long live freedom of expression!~
    MapleBishopFan85Preet
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    Reactions: 900
    edited May 2020
    Why are words such as clapping censored?

There's some fairly inappropriate words that aren't, ironically enough.
  • KibbIeruKibbIeru
    Reactions: 540
    edited July 2020
    I'm not gunna lie i was kinda excited cuz i thought this was a thread for extending the 3rd dmt round LOL

what's the point of censoring all these weird words in a bunch of different languages that nobody knows? it's just a nuisance when people accidentally type them while trying to say something else.
    Sherri
  • PhantomErevePhantomEreve
    Reactions: 1,105
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Can you also create an option to allow us to disable the censorship? Many of us are adults, understand the toxicity that shows up in games, and accept it for what it is. Your censorship algorithm as it is now is just a pain in the behind and hinders communication.
    Preet
  • SouriaSouria
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited November 2020
    I am confused why the r slur isnt censored... people seem to throw that one around a lot and it has the capacity to hurt ppl far more than a lot of the other words censored.
  • SouriaSouria
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited November 2020
    I am confused why the r slur isnt censored... people seem to throw that one around a lot and it has the capacity to hurt ppl far more than a lot of the other words censored.
  • ChasteAngelChasteAngel
    Reactions: 310
    scec

My name is Ceci and whenever I say "my name is Ceci" it gets censored.
    Whenever someone thanks me for something, "thanks Ceci" is censored also. Super annoying.
    Preet
  • AdelimanjooAdelimanjoo
    CENSOR: "SEX"
    Apparently, it is not censored in the game yet, but I got banned for saying "SEX"
    CENSOR THIS WORD SO PEOPLE DONT GET BAN FROM IT.
  • LumikeenLumikeen
    Reactions: 700
    edited March 2021
    grass wrote: »
    @MakeMapleGreatAgain

I'm not an NX employee but I honestly have to disagree with you.

You might not agree with my opinion, but we DO need some level of censorship. Especially if it's a PUBLIC game.

I have had a friend on MS who was insulted because of her national origin as well as religion. She has personally asked me not to give her name or IGN out.

Let's set things straight, MS is not a place where we insult other people's races or religions. It's a GAME. We're supposed to have FUN. Not to fight about controversial topics like race, religion, or politics. That's why we have censorship. It's to keep peace between the players of our diverse GMS community.

As I will say again, I am not an admin nor a moderator. I do NOT WORK for Nexon. I am a player just like you. But I can agree with their censorship. It's for the good of the community, since it discourages trash talk and verbal harassment of other players.

I am not going to fight about this.

If you can't follow the rules, you have no right to be here.
    ----
    honestly if ur friend is taking an internet troll seriously then thats their problem lol. censorship on maple sucks and almost everything i say thats completely game-related is censored 24 7. they should just make censorship be an option in settings. that way the people that get triggered {you and ur friend} can keep the censorship and i {who doesn't care at all, lol} the option to disable censorship.
  • LumikeenLumikeen
    edited March 2021
    also i bumped this bc im still suffering from annoying censorship in 2021 make it an option to disable/enable censorship plz
  • Zaros_RunaZaros_Runa
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited April 2021
    Couldn't we get a toggle option that works only on our end? So people that are adult and can handle a few curse words will be able to get the full experience?
    For those who have the option deactivated they would still see censorship.
    Let's be honest here; if someone wants to insult you or make you feel bad, they will find their way around the censorship to say everything they want to you so it's not like it's really dealing with a problem, it's just making it slightly harder for those who wanna be offensive, but also making it MUCH harder for those who are just trying to talk like normal human beings (I apologize for assuming you, the reader, as a human).
    If it's a bad idea then, WELL nevermind, but I think it'd be great
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2021
    I enjoy learning new cuss words from Maplestory censorship. Get random ** * ** in my sentences then go to google and learn a new word.

Thank you, Nexon. :)
  • DracoNosferatuDracoNosferatu
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2021
    censorship is destroying freedom of speech. people should say whatever they want. i can't form proper sentences in this game. simple words getting censored for no reasons. i can't event say battle analysis without being censored while the game can do it and i can't. just remove it all together and have a filter system for the insults in english for the sensitive people who can't handle conversations.
  • HappyMushroom123HappyMushroom123
    Reactions: 540
    edited November 2021
    censor requests:

feet pic
    feet pics

context: <random ign> S>feet pics! Whisp her!

Even if their just joking, I feel very uncomfortable... :(
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited March 2022
    grass wrote: »
    @MakeMapleGreatAgain

I'm not an NX employee but I honestly have to disagree with you.

You might not agree with my opinion, but we DO need some level of censorship. Especially if it's a PUBLIC game.

I have had a friend on MS who was insulted because of her national origin as well as religion. She has personally asked me not to give her name or IGN out.

Let's set things straight, MS is not a place where we insult other people's races or religions. It's a GAME. We're supposed to have FUN. Not to fight about controversial topics like race, religion, or politics. That's why we have censorship. It's to keep peace between the players of our diverse GMS community.

As I will say again, I am not an admin nor a moderator. I do NOT WORK for Nexon. I am a player just like you. But I can agree with their censorship. It's for the good of the community, since it discourages trash talk and verbal harassment of other players.

I am not going to fight about this.

If you can't follow the rules, you have no right to be here.

Why not just have a block list with unlimited capacity each player can manage themselves? If someone wants to be an obnoxious troll, then right-click and select Block user.

We shouldn't be censoring anything. People need to have an ability to say what they want with some level of personal responsibility for what they say on them and them alone. However remember, going onto the internet requires that you the user make informed and mindful decisions about your own conduct. You have to be mature enough to accept that responsibility and mature enough to handle the situations appropriately.

If the player themselves can't self manage their own list of people that they don't want to hear from, then unapologetically, they shouldn't be playing MMOs.

I've played on MMO servers where you have to grow up and have a thick skin to tolerate what goes on there. One of which is the most notorious server in Minecraft, 2b2t. That places forces you to grow up and act mature or literally you'll be made a fool of, trolled to no end, and maybe even forced off the server.

As the old saying goes, only you can be responsible for yourself. Nobody can do it for you.
  • PreetPreet
    edited April 2022
    The censoring in maplestory has gotten ridiculous, we aren't able to type real words in full sentences to each other without it becoming a garbled mess of "w*** *s are h*** *" no one can understand what is being said and have to find different ways of talking or getting around the broken censor by making the words different by adding in letters or symbols that don't belong in the the words, and the censored words i'm talking about aren't even like "B****" or "F****" but things like "rune in" the censored part being "unei" which I have actively looked to find what it means and cannot find it being used as a slur or swear or anything anywhere. this isn't the only example, just the most recent one that finally annoyed me enough to create a ticket about this ludicrous censoring.

Also people who are going to swear, use slurs, etc. are going to find a way to use them even with these stupid censors, these censors just hurt people trying to having proper conversations.

We REALLY need a enable/disable censor option.
  • monassmonass
    good post like it