[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lagging a lot of the Octobere 27th maintenance

Comments

• PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited November 2016
    mafloo3
    mafloo3 said:

PuppyMango

OMG Nexon!
    Please!!
    I am begging you, please!!
    .... at least acknowledge you have got our screams about this bloody-stupid-super-annoy-pain-in-the-ass lag and freeze!! I can't be more pissed with this problem in my entire maple playing life. What gets me the most is NOT the lagging and freezing still exist 4-5 days after maintain, its me haven't heard anything from Nexon addressing or at least acknowledging this god-damn problem!

Pissed mapler, haven't bossed for days..

@PuppyMango

4-5days? plz dont make me laugh.
    when the shetty company - nexon - introduced the bounty hunter portals to maple, we had same lag for around 2 months and they never acknowledged it, never will.
    dont expect any shet from them, am telling you from now =)
    enjoy the lag while fking nexon.

regards,
    already pissed off mapler since ages.
    Sorry i don't play maple as long as you do, but thanks for your comment anyway.
    Forever grateful and don't care...
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2016
    this would be real funny if those who actually used this method and Nexon bans us later for modifying our game rofl
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited November 2016
    bump still hasnt been fixed
  • SweetpatchSweetpatch
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    Server Lag
    After reset of 11/2 and activation of multiple new events I experienced lots of lag as well as disconnects. Double-checked to make sure it wasn't my own internet service or computer causing the issue. Lag during commerci, at zakum, and in the free market.
    Sweetpatch: Level: 214 Aran
    22/2/2016 1:00 A.M.
  • RawRaw
    Reactions: 515
    edited November 2016
    I can't even get onto the game. I press the play button, and then it says please wait, back to play. Over and over. Lame.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    and the two second lag is back with a vengeance...
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited November 2016
    what the actual fk just happened here
    they merged my thread with this 1
    gg GMs well played.
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    edited November 2016
    PuppyMango

mafloo3
    mafloo3 said:

PuppyMango

OMG Nexon!
    Please!!
    I am begging you, please!!
    .... at least acknowledge you have got our screams about this bloody-stupid-super-annoy-pain-in-the-ass lag and freeze!! I can't be more pissed with this problem in my entire maple playing life. What gets me the most is NOT the lagging and freezing still exist 4-5 days after maintain, its me haven't heard anything from Nexon addressing or at least acknowledging this god-damn problem!

Pissed mapler, haven't bossed for days..

@PuppyMango

4-5days? plz dont make me laugh.
    when the shetty company - nexon - introduced the bounty hunter portals to maple, we had same lag for around 2 months and they never acknowledged it, never will.
    dont expect any shet from them, am telling you from now =)
    enjoy the lag while fking nexon.

regards,
    already pissed off mapler since ages.
    Sorry i don't play maple as long as you do, but thanks for your comment anyway.
    Forever grateful and don't care...
    i dont give a dam if u play or not.
    chill.

nexon for fk sake fix ur bullshet already.
    u never acknowldge any shet.
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    edited November 2016
    Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

this would be real funny if those who actually used this method and Nexon bans us later for modifying our game rofl
    they dont have the authority to ban us for modifying our firewalls.
    it has nothing to do with the game -.-
    and srsly if they did it on purpose, _|_ them.

expect anything tho.. we got nexon'd for 11years already so expect random shet =)
    enjoy lol.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    mafloo3
    mafloo3 said:

Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

they dont have the authority to ban us for modifying our firewalls.
    it has nothing to do with the game -.-
    and srsly if they did it on purpose, _|_ them.

expect anything tho.. we got nexon'd for 11years already so expect random shet =)
    enjoy lol.
    one id say is not to spread FUD but nexon need to switch service seriously were waiting for 11 years and still no information this is all id say to nexon.

• KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited November 2016
    bump
  • KamekageKamekage
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Still experiencing the lag even after today's maintenance. When I looked at the notes and saw that they were removing that chat system, I jumped on expecting some lag free (Well, as lag free as normal for me with my mediocre computer specs) play but, the game still freezes up for me. I was gonna ask if the Nov 3rd maintenance fixed it for anyone else but it looks like I already have my answer lol
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Kamekage
    Kamekage said:

Still experiencing the lag even after today's maintenance. When I looked at the notes and saw that they were removing that chat system, I jumped on expecting some lag free (Well, as lag free as normal for me with my mediocre computer specs) play but, the game still freezes up for me. I was gonna ask if the Nov 3rd maintenance fixed it for anyone else but it looks like I already have my answer lol
    The chat channels were removed and with them the stutter (freezing every 2-3 seconds).

Other lag issues, such as kill-quest lag (we now have both Attendance and Dark Lords of Darkness to contend with) and loot lag, have not changed.
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kamekage
    Kamekage said:

The chat channels were removed and with them the stutter (freezing every 2-3 seconds).

Other lag issues, such as kill-quest lag (we now have both Attendance and Dark Lords of Darkness to contend with) and loot lag, have not changed.
    lol in other words, they acknowledged it quietly and removed it based on the OP shetty feedback they got.
    still they wont officially acknowledge it .. cowards.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    mafloo3
    mafloo3 said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kamekage
    Kamekage said:

lol in other words, they acknowledged it quietly and removed it based on the OP shetty feedback they got.
    still they wont officially acknowledge it .. cowards.
    Actually they did acknowledge it.
    They added a line to the maintenance notice, shortly after the maintenance ended:
    The Chat Channels have been temporarily disabled to further investigate recent lag issues.
    Lilyflower
  • KamekageKamekage
    edited November 2016
    I am glad that they did acknowledge it. I was a little pessimistic after reading some comments about how problems like these are often ignored for long periods of time. Hopefully sometime soon, I'll be able to play again -_- Well, that is to say, to be able to play again without the stutter
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Kamekage
    Kamekage said:

I am glad that they did acknowledge it. I was a little pessimistic after reading some comments about how problems like these are often ignored for long periods of time. Hopefully sometime soon, I'll be able to play again -_- Well, that is to say, to be able to play again without the stutter
    You're still having stutter? It must have a different cause, then, because the chat channel server is definitely off.
    How frequent are your freezes, and do they happen everywhere in the game?
  • KamekageKamekage
    edited November 2016
    I'm experiencing it on Reboot at the initial Drakes map, on my Hayato in the initial story map (I forget the name) and on Nova server in Edelstein with Street Signs and Patrol Bots. I haven't tried to stress test it or anything but what happens is while I'm training. I thought it was just when I combo several hits but it happens when I stand still as well. The screen freezes for roughly 5-8 seconds at a time. It seems to happen every 10-12 seconds. After about the fifth time I tend to lose interest and log off -_-

Like I mentioned earlier, my specs aren't the best. I've always had a little bit of lag when using some skills but since the update that let me adjust transparency it improved gameplay dramatically for me but since the Oct 27th maintenance I can't get anything accomplished in a decent amount of time T^T

If it helps, that lag fix that was posted on reddit didn't help me either. It seemed like nothing changed at all.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    If it happens when you're training, it's likely either the kill-count quest lag or the pet loot lag.

Try being/killing in those maps without activating the attendance or Dark Lords quests, and without pet looting, and see if you still lag?

Also, does your screen literally freeze, or does the game just not respond properly to commands?
    What I mean is, certain network issues can make it so you can move around and open various UI windows, but can't attack, use potions, go through portals, or accept quests. Is that what you're seeing?
  • KamekageKamekage
    edited November 2016
    Mayetala
    Mayetala said:

I can confirm this issue. Video evidence found here:

[youtube] [/youtube]

World: Scania
    IGN: Thundertala
    Level/Job: 223 Arch Mage (Ice/Lightning)
    Date/Time of Occurrence: Immediately after the maintenance on October 27th, 2016
    Steps to reproduce: Play the game. Keep an eye out for when the "chat" tab pops up on the chat window, and observe the game's latency.
    Its exactly like this just lasts longer. Playing today, I'd say that the lag hits like every 8-10 seconds and will last about 5 seconds. The pet lag I knew about, haven't used their pickup skill in months. This happens whether I'm training or just standing still.