[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lagging a lot of the Octobere 27th maintenance

Comments

• JustaNerdlingJustaNerdling
    Reactions: 415
    edited October 2016
    Sit at character select screen for about 10minutes. Lag will go away until you log off or go to cash shop
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited October 2016
    others confirmed this is working.
    if you found any issue let me know.
    thanks @misaki6505
  • NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited October 2016
    Doesn't seem to be working after tonight's rollover. The lag is back in full force. It worked for me yesterday though.
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    edited October 2016
    still working like a charm for me tho.
    maybe u did it wrongly?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    Not working according to a few friends of mine :T Sorry...RIP Fix 10/28 -10/29
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    edited October 2016
    Petalmagic

Not working according to a few friends of mine :T Sorry...RIP Fix 10/28 -10/29
    do u mind telling me what are they doing?
    am still playing with 0 lags after that fix ....
  • KanashimiKanashimi
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    This fix worked flawlessly for me, my friend had it working for some hours. We are running windows 10, Nexon Launcher.
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    edited October 2016
    Kanashimi
    Kanashimi said:

This fix worked flawlessly for me, my friend had it working for some hours. We are running windows 10, Nexon Launcher.
    I appreciate your confirmation.
    i didnt test it on nexon launcher to be honest. still on normal game launcher.
    thanks tho :D
  • psiPpsiP
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited November 2016
    ty for providing this solution khalifa
    confirming that is works

nexon please sell maplestory to a more competent company!
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    edited October 2016
    psiP
    psiP said:

ty for providing this solution mafloo3, much appreciated...confirming that it works
    nexon please sell maplestory to a more competent company!
    ur always welcome jay <3
    thanks 2 whoever found it, i just brought it here 2 let ppl benefit from it.
    enjoy :D
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited October 2016
    This fixed it earlier for me, then when 2x started, the lag just reappeared all of the sudden, and the chat system is unreachable again, even with the fix in place. Nexon needs to remove the new chat system, or fix the issue, the game is unplayable with this stutter lag.
    Novasiri
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited October 2016
    bump because this issue is still persisting
  • JustaNerdlingJustaNerdling
    Reactions: 415
    edited October 2016
    So out of nowhere I stopped lagging, but right when I had to relog due to ANOTHER disconnect I lag again.
    Novasiri
  • NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited October 2016
    piercedfreak

This fixed it earlier for me, then when 2x started, the lag just reappeared all of the sudden, and the chat system is unreachable again, even with the fix in place. Nexon needs to remove the new chat system, or fix the issue, the game is unplayable with this stutter lag.
    Yup. It's been on and off all weekend. Sometimes if I am logged in for a while I'm fine, but the moment I swap to a new character it comes back. And not always during 2x. I tried the fix multiple times, but it only worked the first day this lag appeared, regardless of launcher used. It's extremely volatile. My recommendation, if you log on and don't have the stutter lag, don't enter the cash shop, don't switch characters, and don't rapidly switch channels. The later is because if you crash, the lag magically starts up the moment to relaunch the game.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2016
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/59snj0/lag_fix_for_anyone_lagging/d9b2lri/
    Even more temporary workaround, on a character that is currently lagging, log out, and wait at the server select screen until the lag go away (might take a while, not the character selection screen), then log onto the character you wish to play lag free.
    If you want to play on another character lag free, you must trigger the lag to occur again before doing the steps above because this only works when you are currently lagging, not before the lag occur.
  • xNihilityxNihility
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited October 2016
    mafloo3
    mafloo3 said:

Maineman
    Maineman said:

reddit has a potential fix check there
    thanks alot man i found it.
    [SOLVED] !!!!!!!!!!!!
    GUYS CHECK THIS URL IT HAS THE SOLUTION : https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/59sm15/cash_shop_lag_fix/

to make the long story short, just block outgoing traffic to IP : 8.31.99.133 in your firewall.
    it will terminate all the connection with the new chat channel (which is fking the connection of maple causing it to spike lag every second)

Steps:
    1- search for "CMD"
    2- Right-click
    3- Run As Administrator
    4- copy this command "netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="MaplestoryFix" protocol=TCP dir=out action=block remoteip=8.31.99.133"
    5- paste it inside the black screen (command prompt) by right-clicking > paste (CTRL+V doesnt work in CMD, you have to right-click paste it)
    6- click enter
    7- "OK" sign should show up after entering the command successfully
    8- enjoy the lag-free till nexon gets their shet fixed which will never happen ... F7 .. ---- up support srsly.

This method worked for me as well. Very refreshing to play normally lol.
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2016
    this shouldn't be marked as SOLVED, because its not solved, the fix is temporary, for a BUG in the game, and nexon needs to fix it, but they dont even want to acknowledge it exist...i hope it doesnt get to be like the guild chat issue, or the horntail issue back in the day...

the game is unplayable, when the stutter kicks in, and it doesnt take the cash shop to trigger it, it happens anytime the chat system freaks out, which is quite often
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited November 2016
    OMG Nexon!
    Please!!
    I am begging you, please!!
    .... at least acknowledge you have got our screams about this bloody-stupid-super-annoy-pain-in-the-ass lag and freeze!! I can't be more pissed with this problem in my entire maple playing life. What gets me the most is NOT the lagging and freezing still exist 4-5 days after maintain, its me haven't heard anything from Nexon addressing or at least acknowledging this god-damn problem!

Pissed mapler, haven't bossed for days..

• mafloo3mafloo3
    edited November 2016
    piercedfreak

this should be marked as SOLVED, because its not solved, the fix is temporary, for a BUG in the game, and nexon needs to fix it, but they dont even want to acknowledge it exist...i hope it doesnt get to be like the guild chat issue, or the horntail issue back in the day...

the game is unplayable, when the stutter kicks in, and it doesnt take the cash shop to trigger it, it happens anytime the chat system freaks out, which is quite often
    @piercedfreak

i think u meant "this (SHOULDNT) be marked as SOLVED"
    dont mind it, coz i put the [SOLVED] word in the title, not nexon.
    why i wrote it? coz it worked perfectly for me and am still not lagging since i did that work around.
    this dumbass company will never acknowledge anything, nothing new.
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    edited November 2016
    PuppyMango

OMG Nexon!
    Please!!
    I am begging you, please!!
    .... at least acknowledge you have got our screams about this bloody-stupid-super-annoy-pain-in-the-ass lag and freeze!! I can't be more pissed with this problem in my entire maple playing life. What gets me the most is NOT the lagging and freezing still exist 4-5 days after maintain, its me haven't heard anything from Nexon addressing or at least acknowledging this god-damn problem!

Pissed mapler, haven't bossed for days..

@PuppyMango

4-5days? plz dont make me laugh.
    when the shetty company - nexon - introduced the bounty hunter portals to maple, we had same lag for around 2 months and they never acknowledged it, never will.
    dont expect any shet from them, am telling you from now =)
    enjoy the lag while fking nexon.

regards,
    already pissed off mapler since ages.