[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Dec 8th, 2016

Comments

• ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited December 2016
    preyze
    preyze said:

I mean let's be honest, in the past two weeks, they have yet to hit a single deadline for maintenance. I would be happier with them just stating " we are starting maintenance at 8 AM and to be honest, we won't know when it is finished because we suck at hitting our deadlines that we set for ourselves. We will inform you via forums or MapleStory website when the servers are back up."
    yeah its been frustrating and the lag and dcing of doom is bad too. at least they let us know whats going on. perhaps the deadlines are more like guidelines anyway. all we can do is hope they get done soon and cheer them on.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    ReycitoVIP

Once more I communicate
    Is there a solution for my hayato?
    Which reduced the defense and has minor hits attack
    If you mean how you no longer have Magic Defense and Weapon Defense, but just a single Defense Stat, this is because of stat reorganization in the V update.

If this is about how Shimada Heart, your beginner job passive, works, it is still for each 100 defense, you gain 0.5% damage.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Apocalyptian

MakazeKiba

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

Dear god is that really a video of a nexon employee? O.o that was cringe worthy
    Sadly, yes, that is of some Nexon employees. It was from a livestream for V.
    Wow I fail at being a lumi but geesh, get a real player to work for them and i think this testing part will be easier am i right??
    -Looking to be a GM in Iowa- (had to try) last I read you have to be in California...yawn...
    Inb4 this guy featured in that got fired! Isnt that a requirement to have knowledge about your job to do it right? :) stick to programming dude!
    well the sad thing is, I heard those were GM's from Vindictus on the stream and not GM's for maplestory.. which is odd
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    Apocalyptian

MakazeKiba

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

Wow I fail at being a lumi but geesh, get a real player to work for them and i think this testing part will be easier am i right??
    -Looking to be a GM in Iowa- (had to try) last I read you have to be in California...yawn...
    Inb4 this guy featured in that got fired! Isnt that a requirement to have knowledge about your job to do it right? :) stick to programming dude!
    they didn't even show the shade and mechanic parts on this clip which were equally bad, he couldn't figure out how to equip the shade secondary or even know which item was the secondary, while getting bounced around by a mushroom, not that he even needed it to do what he was trying to do anyway, then he spammed 4th job skills on a mechanic thinking they were 5th job skills

• PuayaPuaya
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    well nexon fired wrong staff i guess.
  • detexdetex
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    CoralinePlasticHollyDeathsLieSkyTheDestroyer
    edited December 2016
    PhantomMasterThief

Apocalyptian

They need to just leave the boxes alone. After all the things we have endured this update (including alot of game downtime) it is a small yet good thing they can do to help us out. Most things are untradeable and so many coins anyways it would be nearly impossible to get all the neat things in the shop with the coins if they do limit them. Its just right the way it is. You have to actually hunt a while to get what boxes you want. Its not easy, its quite tedious to be honest. I am sure many people (me included) would greatly appreciate it if they left the boxes as is.
    Also they are fixing Afterlands? Nice....I wanted forever to finish that quest line but couldn't lol!
    Don't count on it everything good comes to an end , and at nexon all the good comes to an end, i think will get 1 coin per day from the santa boxes , and no bugs will be fixed, i have reported mine for 2 years now, (Iv'e lost hope .......)
    I know the feeling. I have long lost my faith in humanity and society itself (and yeah it is just bigger than one puny software gaming company) About the only thing to do is wait and see. Maybe there will be an ambitious go getter ready to take on all those bugs and fix things as they should be. Its a rarity but they still exist somewhere out there (maybe even one of them is reading this) Don't ever lose hope for anything, it may take time and patience but things have to change :) stick in there!
  • DeathsLieDeathsLie
    Reactions: 765
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

Apocalyptian

MakazeKiba

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

well the sad thing is, I heard those were GM's from Vindictus on the stream and not GM's for maplestory.. which is odd
    That would make a little more sense as to why they had no idea what they were doing
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Puaya
    Puaya said:

well nexon fired wrong staff i guess.
    Yes and no.

If KThxBaiNao had been in the office, he'd have done the stream.
    Because he had to telework, and for some reason could not connect to Nexon's testing server from home (idk whether that's Nexon's fault or his ISP's), somebody else had to do the stream.

So yes, it's pretty sad that nobody at Nexon knows how to play MapleStory and is willing to sit in front of a camera.
    But this particular PR fiasco is at least partially KThxBaiNao's fault, and probably contributed to his getting fired.
  • TelleSmithTelleSmith
    Reactions: 665
    edited December 2016
    DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

Catooolooo

Apocalyptian

MakazeKiba

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

That would make a little more sense as to why they had no idea what they were doing
    Still.. the mistakes they made were sad.. even my 4 year old nephew could do a better job than that guy.
    Coraline
  • CyphleeCyphlee
    Reactions: 630
    edited December 2016
    I bet they ninja nerfed the V coins in the santa boxes....I bet
    CoralineMakazeKiba
    edited December 2016
    Cyphlee
    Cyphlee said:

I bet they ninja nerfed the V coins in the santa boxes....I bet
    Rwar dont jynx it =( pwease!
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    Why do they say that the maintenance will take 3 hours and can't finish it schedule? Why don't they, instead, add one or one and a half hours to the extimated time for the patch and in this way they might be able to complete the patch, but no, we get false hopes. always... always.
  • Minimelt35Minimelt35
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2016
    I'm gonna go take a nap and if the game isn't up when I'm back, I'm going to do something about it passive-aggressively post on the forums some more.
    Coraline
    edited December 2016
    DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

Catooolooo

Apocalyptian

MakazeKiba

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

and yes, its quite understandable that CMs from another game didn't know Maplestory and were thrust into this role unexpectedly due to our CM at the time being unavailable, however this begs the obvious question and raises even more concern, these were the best two choices they had even with it being unexpected? no one else in that office knows more about maple than those two that could have filled in for Michael? and on a semi unrelated topic who wear headphones over a beanie indoors?? hint @saygo, people already know you're bald... be proud don't hide
    detex
    edited December 2016
    Minimelt35

I'm gonna go take a nap and if the game isn't up when I'm back, I'm going to do something about it passive-aggressively post on the forums some more.
    Debating whether to do some dishes and cleaning....how sad is that! HAHA!
  • bfrenobfreno
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

Catooolooo

Apocalyptian

MakazeKiba

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

and yes, its quite understandable that CMs from another game didn't know Maplestory and were thrust into this role unexpectedly due to our CM at the time being unavailable, however this begs the obvious question and raises even more concern, these were the best two choices they had even with it being unexpected? no one else in that office knows more about maple than those two that could have filled in for Michael? and on a semi unrelated topic who wear headphones over a beanie indoors?? hint @saygo, people already know you're bald... be proud don't hide
    Me. I wear headphones over a beanie and I'm not bald. :S
    edited December 2016
    bfreno
    bfreno said:

PlasticHolly

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

Catooolooo

Apocalyptian

MakazeKiba

DeathsLie
    DeathsLie said:

Me. I wear headphones over a beanie and I'm not bald. :S
    lol ok, then there's two of you in the world

• DemikusDemikus
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

I would assume most of the actual Maplestory staff was tied up with the major update. Does that excuse the sorry excuse for a stream not really, they would have been better off canceling it.
  • bfrenobfreno
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Demikus
    Demikus said:

PlasticHolly

I would assume most of the actual Maplestory staff was tied up with the major update. Does that excuse the sorry excuse for a stream not really, they would have been better off canceling it.
    The stream did hurt the image NxA portray. I know I was shocked and I'm a nib.

Edit: Corrected typo from NxE to NxA.