[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• psiyonpsiyon
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    yay nexon's servers are broken. probably another hacker attack on the servers f3
  • 4EvarANubie4EvarANubie
    Reactions: 815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Man, gotta love maple. I was doing my arcane stones and Maple suddenly decides to crash. Well there go 30 free nodestones
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    On a non 2x exp day too. That is certainly not normal.
  • TalonexTalonex
    Reactions: 505
    edited December 2016
    well I guess I'm glad it wasn't just me. started thinking maybe the ex was trying to take over my account.... o well was time for new passwords on everything anyways
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    Talonex
    Talonex said:

well I guess I'm glad it wasn't just me. started thinking maybe the ex was trying to take over my account.... o well was time for new passwords on everything anyways
    Dating tip: watch for the crazies. Especially the clingy ones.
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited December 2016
    curious at the OP - what alliance [world or in game guild]??

I'll point out that I can get to the "select server" and after I select NA it freezes up and then disconnects, I don't even get to the world select.
  • TalonexTalonex
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Dating tip: watch for the crazies. Especially the clingy ones.
    sage advice to all the young'uns out there

• ChiralismChiralism
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    It says now that it's all offline doesn't it?
  • TalonexTalonex
    edited December 2016
    I get the same, anyone connecting to the EU servers getting through I wonder
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited December 2016
    Chiralism
    Chiralism said:

The European server "Luna" is still up.
  • EyeCalled2UEyeCalled2U
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    everything is offline, hackers and botters including dupers are just roaming freely on this game. It's getting worse and worser every time, the lag and the disconnections is getting more insane!
  • FleaFlea
    Reactions: 920
    edited December 2016
    "I'll point out that I can get to the "select server" and after I select NA it freezes up and then disconnects, I don't even get to the world select."

I'm having the same issue getting past that. It just freezes and disconnects.

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    @DSpellGuy my guild alliance. We all messaged how our games crashed instantaneously so I found it more of "just a coincidence" for a regular client crash.

My Server/World on the other hand is Scania. But I don't think that matters at the moment when we can't even access any of the login servers, and crashing in-game.

That's a red flag if you ask me. Especially for a huge update such as the V Patch. This is a huge turn-off for new and returning players and showcases even just how prepared they were in terms of prevention. On the other hand how they deal with unexpected issues is very lackluster, or in simple terms, disgusting.
  • ChiralismChiralism
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Yunior
    Yunior said:

Chiralism
    Chiralism said:

The European server "Luna" is still up.
    well, I better go make a character on Luna with how things are going...
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

This is a huge turn-off for new and returning players and showcases even just how prepared they were in terms of prevention. On the other hand how they deal with unexpected issues is very lackluster, or in simple terms, disgusting.
    gotta love the holiday break at nexon, the game seems to have this issue each year around this time frame.
    psiyon
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited December 2016
    EyeCalled2U

everything is offline, hackers and botters including dupers are just roaming freely on this game. It's getting worse and worser every time, the lag and the disconnections is getting more insane!
    on the bright side - there'll be tons of duped nodestones to buy after this at boxing day prices. Probably.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

Its2Sharp4U

This is a huge turn-off for new and returning players and showcases even just how prepared they were in terms of prevention. On the other hand how they deal with unexpected issues is very lackluster, or in simple terms, disgusting.
    gotta love the holiday break at nexon, the game seems to have this issue each year around this time frame.
    To an extent I agree. On 2x I can get it because of how many players come on at once. But on a casual day like this I don't see how there can be such an issue.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited December 2016
    i think it is a plot to boost forum traffic
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    I can't be the only one that's noticed the massive surge in server lag since reset today. I suppose there won't be maintenance tomorrow that will address this problem, since the game is more or less unplayable in its current state.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    I've noticed it as well :T but meh...