[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• KoKoKimKoKoKim
    Reactions: 270
    edited December 2016
    I don't know if it's just Reboot but every time we kill a monster it can take up to 20 seconds for it to actually die. Places like Scrapyard are literally impossible to train in due to the lag.

I think it'll be best to stop playing until lag is fixed after finishing the Play V Rewards event. 22 more boxes to go now ..... (please put inferno wolf ticket in V shop so we dont have to grind in this lag :( )
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Xionicomad

Its2Sharp4U

SeaPrincess

its funny how you all are having lag while i am playing during 2x exp with minimal lag(only lag when there are to many drops on the screen)
    so maybe its not the games foult but your potato cant take it (btw i play on a 3 year old laptop)

P.S.
    and just to be clear i expect lag becouse of latency(playing global from europe) but the lag isnt as bad compaired to before the last patch
    Just because you do not experience it does not make everyone else invalid.

Not everyone will have the same result, like when Nexon is not able to reproduce the issue yet many players are reporting on it. If a player is able to play a different game with no latency/crash issues on a much higher graphic intensive game then that usually means it's something on Nexon's side and not the players.

A few players like myself who play from custom computers can easily say that we're definitely not running on a potato OS with potato specs.

There's probably something we players experience lag have something in common but I can bet it's not on our end for general specs or internet service provider, which will probably make it harder for Nexon to pinpoint because it may just be a case-to-case basis for each individual player.

I wouldn't expect a quick-fix so soon because of that.
    Finally someone who understands that Nexon can't fix lag overnight.
    We're so past "overnight". This has been going on for WEEKS. Nexon has had more than enough time to have fixed the lag by now. Do not make excuses for them.
    Using logical conclusions is not making excuses. Wouldn't recommend confusing the two.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    People been asking that as far as I can remember.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    ShiroiSenkou

But if you expect any sort of compensation from Nexon, you most likely won't be getting any, cause ya know.... Nexon?
    Don't worry. The compensation will be a distribution of 10 untradeable Power Elixirs.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Here's what they are doing about it, guaranteed-

Waiting.

All that buildup, V hype, biggest event in the history of Maplestory since the Big Fail, doors open to almost the rest of the world now to just come right on in, and now they have the ONE Reboot server that 99% of players flocks to so they can check out all this new content without spending a dime, if they so choose. So here they all come, massive influx of players of all sorts, from all corners of the globe, all at once, overclocking the whole damn system. Yeap, welcome to LagStory. But hey, why pay all that company money for very expensive server upgrades, when in a month or less they won't even need anywhere near that sort of power?
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

Waiting.

All that buildup, V hype, biggest event in the history of Maplestory since the Big Fail, doors open to almost the rest of the world now to just come right on in, and now they have the ONE Reboot server that 99% of players flocks to so they can check out all this new content without spending a dime, if they so choose. So here they all come, massive influx of players of all sorts, from all corners of the globe, all at once, overclocking the whole damn system. Yeap, welcome to LagStory. But hey, why pay all that company money for very expensive server upgrades, when in a month or less they won't even need anywhere near that sort of power?
    logically you may very well be right, however how many players that may have stayed and spent money left out of frustration that could have been salvaged had they actually you know maybe prepared for this influx ahead of time.. servers 4-5 years go had this kind of population semi regularly on 2x weekends and while there were issues, it's never been this bad for this long. Nexon is obviously mailing it in and attempting to get by on the cheap and probably losing new and returning players as a result
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    Here is the problem with Nexon currently.

We spend so much NX yet they treat the game so poorly.

We aren't talking about some low tier game company here, we are talking about Nexon who made so much money over the years.

I used to purchase so much NX years ago, however I stopped because I haven't saw any improvement in system engines or game servers.

They had so many months to do this and yet they never took the chance.

They should learn from KMS.
    KMS has one of the best staff members to fix technical problems imo.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    Asked this just today. I think this tells us alot about the current state of the game - and how absent Nexon NA as a company is.
    For the last time, get your xxxx together, Nexon NA. Hire more staff if that's all it takes. If fix doesn't happen sooner or later, this game will start dying.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Using logical conclusions is not making excuses. Wouldn't recommend confusing the two.
    Do you even actually play this game? Did you even read what I wrote? There is no logic when it comes to Nexon. These are the kind of people who sell Violet cubes one time only and 1 week after a miracle time + cube sale. They unban thousands of hackers. They ignore the forums and let the flame soar out of the control. They prioritize making $ over basically everything! Why else would they make the CM of Vindictus spend so much time and resources on Maplestory instead of hiring a reliable CM for Maplestory? I'll tell you why, because they can and it's free. That IS their motto after all.
  • CocoDriloCocoDrilo
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

Waiting.

Well you could be right but with this kind of mentality (if they are thinking this way) this game is just going to die out and its not just the lag, its the insane wave of hackers that they have never been able to control in more than 9 years of maple history... But yeah back to the lag subject, even if you do lose some of your players after the reboot and V update hype is over you need content and better experience for the players to stick around.. and one way to get that is surely fixing the lag. its not like they arent making enough cash for it (imo)
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

We're so past "overnight". This has been going on for WEEKS. Nexon has had more than enough time to have fixed the lag by now. Do not make excuses for them.
    Alright, explain how they could have fixed the lag in a matter of weeks. Can you?
    forumsareannoying

Xionicomad

Do you even actually play this game? Did you even read what I wrote? There is no logic when it comes to Nexon. These are the kind of people who sell Violet cubes one time only and 1 week after a miracle time + cube sale. They unban thousands of hackers. They ignore the forums and let the flame soar out of the control. They prioritize making $ over basically everything! Why else would they make the CM of Vindictus spend so much time and resources on Maplestory instead of hiring a reliable CM for Maplestory? I'll tell you why, because they can and it's free. That IS their motto after all.
    Although this may be true, most of those of what you just listed are decisions of what type of content we'll get and ways of showing off game-play.

Unban thousand of hackers? The question if those thousands were banned in the first place.

Meanwhile the lag and stability is dependent on those who maintain it with the necessary equipment.

What all three have in common is Nexon. Alright lets say it's no longer reasonable "within weeks time", did you really expect them to fix it this early?

Look back at the recent Hunt Faster Event or Maple’s Eleven. The lag ended when the events ended. There was no noticeable fix implemented when those were in-progress.

But yeah, it's pretty pathetic that they treat such an old-school game like this. We're always left in the dark until extremely dire situations and that's when they only pop-out on the forums once or twice.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Xionicomad

All I got from your post is that you're a conspiracy theorist. You literally have nothing to back up what you've said. You offer no sound advice in the subject because, like most people here: we don't know how to run a server of this size (if any size.)

You say they don't care and yet they've done so much since the games release to try and keep SO many people happy.

And honestly i'd ignore the forums too with all the useless feedback and insults the "community" throws at Nexon and its devs.
    forumsareannoying

Do you even actually play this game?
    Yes. Actually I've probably played this game longer than most people who visit the forums.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2016
    The server lag should have improved since last maintenance.

The lag I experienced is completely gone in Luna and Mardia. Anyone else have it better now? Im not talking about 2x btw.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    @Invulgo
    I still lag greatly during non-2x event times if I have my pet loot on. My PC is custom-built and can easily handle Battlefield without any issues so I'm just assuming it's the world(S) I play in? Both Windia and Scania were just horrible. And during 2x I gave up after my 3rd DC in 20minutes.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited December 2016
    There's no signs of problems on the status page (official and southperry) so what's going on?

EDIT: nevermind, southperry updated and everyone but Luna is being attacked. NOTE THAT the "official" page shows nothing is wrong maplestory.nexon.net/server-status srsly that thing is useless.

EDIT2: official status finally updated. Srsly they should ask to use Southperry's code for the server status.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited December 2016
    I'm not surprised, my entire alliance is talking about this on Discord.

This is honestly pathetic. It's not just me right?

---
    EDIT: Added Poll. This started around December 26th, 2016 @ 9:30 PM EST.
    ---
    EDIT 2: A moderator noted that this issue is being looked into as of December 26th, 2016 @ 10:30 PM EST.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited December 2016
    My entire alliance had their clients crashed at the same time, it's probably somehow related on the servers end with issues.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    My guild having issues, and we can't get back into the game this time.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited December 2016
    nope not just you lmao
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited December 2016
    I thought it was weird when I got to DI and it was empty... thought it was just me at first! I've crashed 4 times now.