[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Did this patch kill Kaiser?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    DashandSlash

So is it going to stay like this or will it change?
    It's going to stay like this.

This is how KMS Kaisers always were, and now, in preparation for 5th job, all the other regions that had different Kaisers (not just us, but China and others as well) are falling in line with KMS. The non-KMS services decided to adopt KMS Kaiser (and Lumi, and AB) rather than try to work out a balanced 5th job for their own version of the class. (If we had kept a different Kaiser then the V cores that buff 3rd and 4th job skills would have to be adjusted, and the DPS balance that KMS worked very hard on would have to be recalculated.)

So, no going back. This is Kaiser now. Try to get used to it.
    NarogLilyflower
  • NarogNarog
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    Maybe They could bring back the old Kaiser after 5th job , but they cant patch the game with the modded Kaiser , or people could ask KMS to change the Kaiser.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Narog
    Narog said:

Maybe They could bring back the old Kaiser after 5th job , but they cant patch the game with the modded Kaiser , or people could ask KMS to change the Kaiser.
    That's not going to happen unless KMS changes their version of kaiser, which is unlikely to happen as they have had this version of kaiser (the one we just got) since release in KMS.

I think the message is pretty clear that they wont be changing their version if we are forced to change ours for 5th job.
    Maybe, kaiser will be revamped to have a completely different system than this one and the previous one, but we are certainly not going back to our old system post 5th job if they couldn't create a core balance for it in the first place.
  • RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
    Reactions: 930
    edited October 2016
    I wouldn't necessarily say that kaiser is dead. True, kaiser was nerfed, but it is still a decent class.
  • DashandSlashDashandSlash
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    So how the heck do we activate the dragon link skill? I've been trying different combinations of attack and directionals and I still can't get it to work.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    :/ kaisers still fun.
  • FireAxleFireAxle
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

typical, caring more about damage rather than just enjoying the class.
    I can't enjoy the class when the the system that makes Kaisers what they are is useless. I don't see myself trying to fill up gauge to use Transformation anymore because of how inefficient and unorthodox the commands are..

With that being said, it's understandable that the changes were made for 5th job and hopefully either that will make up for the change or the class will have to revisited. What people have to realize is that the criticism is not because the loss of damage, but the fact that a key feature to the class has been rendered useless. There's nothing we can do at this point that to accept this change until 5th job is introduced and classes start to be re-established after all the changes.
  • lecealleceal
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    I hate new system with such a passion...
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    @DashandSlash I'm assuming you're probably on Reboot? Check out my report about it in the bugs section, the skill was accidentally replaced with the Reboot World buff.
  • SaimoyiSaimoyi
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited November 2016
    #PantheonLifesDon'tMatter

Maple world has to build a wall, again'st these peasants!
  • MauriceDelTacoMauriceDelTaco
    Reactions: 400
    edited August 2017
    Kaiser is as dead as this thread and my ability to play this game.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2017
    Please refrain from disturbing the deceased (threads). If you wish further comment on the topic or offer suggestions on how to improve Kaiser as a whole, feel free to start a new discussion.
This discussion has been closed.