[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Closing old forums 1/31/2017

Comments

  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,450
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited January 2017
    Klara
    Klara said:

    @Saygo Could we please get the 'Cash Shop - Requests, suggestions, etc.' board back on the new forums? At the moment we only have the 'Suggestions, Feedback and Requests' one and everything just gets lumped together. Any cosmetic requests get pushed down if there aren't as many responses or too many other game related topics.
    Seconding (or thirding.. or whatevering) this. All suggestions get buried, and we have nowhere to discuss cash items anymore. :(.

    I also agree that the old forums should be saved. At least to this forum, or kept around. There are so many memories that people have from those forums, and it would be nice for them to be able to go back and revisit those if need be.

  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,400
    Posts: 1,167
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    I'm surprised people are making such a fuss about the old forums, there wasn't such a conflict about this the last time we moved. I really feel it's up to nexon whether or not it stays, for all we know they already do have an archive of the important information made at the office already, and while yes it would be nice to have a lot of that information readily available for new players, at the same time it's rather pointless. It's very common on the nexon forums that the same topic gets asked multiple times instead of the search function being used. So while having all those threads would be nice at the same time not enough people would use them to warrant keeping that whole forum up.
    Kylehell007
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    Posts: 173
    Member
    edited January 2017
    bumbertyr, did you read any of what AKradian said? He's already explained why it isn't pointless.

    I don't know why people are making a big fuss about us NOT wanting them removed. Seriously, it's just feedback, it's not like we're raging in all caps for the forums to stay or else we'll all boycott Nexon. We're asking pretty nicely, for the most part. How is that "making a big fuss"? (In case you missed my point, I don't think you guys are making a big fuss either but I was giving an example of how that argument can be used against you. Also, so many people have already said "why is everyone making a big fuss about this" that I'm legitimately tired of seeing it. At least use different wording.)

    Of course it's up to Nexon, but are we not allowed to give feedback on anything? Technically everything is up to Nexon, and with that logic we might as well get rid of the Suggestions subforum.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,400
    Posts: 1,167
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="Uzume">bumbertyr, did you read any of what AKradian said? He's already explained why it isn't pointless.

    I don't know why people are making a big fuss about us NOT wanting them removed. Seriously, it's just feedback, it's not like we're raging in all caps for the forums to stay or else we'll all boycott Nexon. We're asking pretty nicely, for the most part. How is that "making a big fuss"? (In case you missed my point, I don't think you guys are making a big fuss either but I was giving an example of how that argument can be used against you. Also, so many people have already said "why is everyone making a big fuss about this" that I'm legitimately tired of seeing it. At least use different wording.)

    Of course it's up to Nexon, but are we not allowed to give feedback on anything? Technically everything is up to Nexon, and with that logic we might as well get rid of the Suggestions subforum.</blockquote>

    the mood of the thread alone is tense not to mention the hostility in some of the posts, there's definitely a "fuss" being made.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    Posts: 142
    Member
    edited January 2017
    The only reason I can see them wanting to be removed is for their own embarrassment "effort" that the staff has provided back throughout the years. Not like rewriting existing issues Is hard or holding on to old data which could be looked down upon for future reference. I was just re-looking through the old forums to find many still persistent in-game issues going on still. Yes, some content has been completely rewritten, overhauled or erased that contained some of these problems, but that still shouldn't mean they never were important issues to deal with in the first place. I say just let them be as is for future reference on a broad scale
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,765
    Posts: 6,224
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

    : "I'm surprised people are making such a fuss about the old forums, there wasn't such a conflict about this the last time we moved. I really feel it's up to nexon whether or not it stays, for all we know they already do have an archive of the important information made at the office already, and while yes it would be nice to have a lot of that information readily available for new players, at the same time it's rather pointless. It's very common on the nexon forums that the same topic gets asked multiple times instead of the search function being used. So while having all those threads would be nice at the same time not enough people would use them to warrant keeping that whole forum up."

    And again I ask: what is the harm in keeping them up?
    You say "warrant keeping that whole forum up", but it's not like anyone has to lift a finger for that. They don't need any kind of maintenance.
    They're just there, like a book on a shelf.

    Nexon has provided no reason to remove them. Nexon's supporters have provided no reason to remove them. "They're useless" is both wrong (they are useful to at least some people, including myself) and not a sufficient reason.
    In order to remove information, or for that matter change the status quo in any way, one needs to show some benefit to the change. What will anyone gain from the old forums being wiped?

    And more importantly, why can't the same (unstated) reasons for wiping the old forums be used to periodically delete any thread older than 4 months in these new forums?
    Uzume
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    Posts: 173
    Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm guessing all this feedback has just been completely ignored?
    Tuba
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,765
    Posts: 6,224
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

    : "I'm guessing all this feedback has just been completely ignored?"
    Of course not. It made them reiterate that we can copy over any thread we find useful (manually, ctrl-C by ctrl-V)...

    With a new CM supposedly coming soon (the job listing for one was removed from the Nexon site), I really hope they will keep the old forums at least until the new CM declares them useless.

  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,765
    Posts: 6,224
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Please don't delete the old forums.
    Uzume
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 2,675
    Posts: 374
    Member
    edited January 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Please don't delete the old forums.
    Lol I'm going to sound like such a nerd but this sounds a lot like the Zero tutorials; meaning they are probably trying to cover something up or get rid of evidence lmao.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    Posts: 173
    Member
    edited January 2017
    One more day now. I still agree that we shouldn't remove em.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    Posts: 173
    Member
    edited January 2017
    Andd they're gone without even an announcement.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,765
    Posts: 6,224
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I guess that demonstrates, in a nutshell, the value Nexon places on anything we say (and everything they've found fit to tell us in the past): it's all garbage.
    Uzume
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    Posts: 142
    Member
    edited January 2017
    might as well whipe ur registry of hacking users and ip bans with it cuz "old stuff don't matter"
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    Posts: 258
    Member
    edited January 2017
    3723652599ba104038bbd7b5868e5d4379ae9c15faaad44ce9595303985a8350.jpg
    OdysseyTwo
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    Posts: 544
    Member
    edited January 2017
    Uzume wrote: »
    Andd they're gone without even an announcement.

    That was the announcement.
    AKradian wrote: »
    I guess that demonstrates, in a nutshell, the value Nexon places on anything we say (and everything they've found fit to tell us in the past): it's all garbage.

    Even if the old forums contain usefull information is it really that bad? Gee.
    might as well whipe ur registry of hacking users and ip bans with it cuz "old stuff don't matter"

    How can you compare those two exactly?
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    Posts: 173
    Member
    edited January 2017
    I meant like, an announcement saying that they're for sure gone today. Or at the very least reply to the things that was said in this thread, a proper reply not just one retelling us that we could've copied things over. Sigh. I did get what I wanted off of the forums, but still man. I find it disrespectful that our complaints were just glossed over.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited January 2017
    Uzume wrote: »
    I meant like, an announcement saying that they're for sure gone today. Or at the very least reply to the things that was said in this thread, a proper reply not just one retelling us that we could've copied things over. Sigh. I did get what I wanted off of the forums, but still man. I find it disrespectful that our complaints were just glossed over.

    You already got an announcement.
    Saygo wrote: »
    Hi everyone,<br />
    <br />
    We will be closing down the old forums at the end of the month. If there was anything you wanted to save or bring over, you have until 1/31/2017 to do so. As far as these current forums go, we are currently working on getting the use of images back. We had some issues with players being able to mess with the HTML back in December that we are still working to resolve. You can find out more about this here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9206/regarding-recent-forum-downtime/p1<br />
    <br />
    We will do our best to keep you guys in the loop if there is any new information. Thank you for your patience!<br />
    Here is a link to our old forums: http://ow.ly/cI2P307L0ae

  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    Posts: 173
    Member
    edited January 2017
    You misunderstand. I meant anything saying "hey, today they're gone, and we understand your complaints but we need to do this because of x"
    I know it's asking a lot for a response from anyone higher up, but that's just how I think things should've been handled. I hate silence.
    JettLuvsU
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    Posts: 531
    Member
    edited January 2017
    giphy.gif