[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ban Data from 10/24/2019 - 10/30/2019

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited November 2019 in Announcements
Please see below for the ban data covering: 10/24/2019 - 10/30/2019

Ban reason: Advertising
Number of characters banned: 403
Number of accounts banned: 403

Ban reason: Hacking/Botting
Number of characters banned: 34,943
Number of accounts banned: 34,154

Full list of banned characters: http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/53719

Comments

• DUALGUNPRODUALGUNPRO
    Reactions: 435
    edited November 2019
    IGN:DUALGUNPRO
    SERVER: ELYSIUM

Hello im here to report a problem, Im getting banned permanent for not reason after i did Hungry Muto daily and then log off dated 28
    October 2019 the next day i was Permanent banned.
    I tried to appeal my false ban and everyone GM say the same conclusion: due the investigations we found this account was involved in violations and they flagged me
    by HACKING/BOTTING

When never in all my years playing maplestory i used something like that .

I being playing maplestory through past in the time, waiting for the world merge and i was back to my maple when i happened
    Was enjoying every event chilling out with friends , so the real question why im getting banned when i never used hacking programs

So after i tried to appeal it repeatly times , because is you getting a false accusation you going to continue appealing , so they ban me to from the support system
    I hope someone with the enough knowledge read this post and help me with my problem

Since its a bad moment when you get a false accusation like that and you're clean.

I never used hacking/botting programs

I can't sumbit tickets because they ban me to from the support system .

Posdata i hope someone never past from were i am right now, falsely accused and permanent banned , losing my progress for around 8 years into maplestory
    testll8806carmenpop22
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    This isn't the place for ban appeals
    testll8806carmenpop22
  • EvanAyyLmaoEvanAyyLmao
    Reactions: 245
    edited November 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

You'd be looking for any possible avenue if you had a ton of time invested and got an unjust ban as well.
    This also isn't the place for toxicity but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.
    WONDERGUYtestll8806carmenpop22
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

You'd be looking for any possible avenue if you had a ton of time invested and got an unjust ban as well.

The problem though is that no one who can help with account bans is publicly/visibly active on the forums. There used to be a section on the old forums, about three or so years back, for ban appeals, but most threads you would have guildmates or friends of the banned player coming in to declare OP's innocence or you'd have people determining for themselves that the OP was guilty and deserving of their ban. In neither case was communal input helpful to the process.

As far as toxicity, that's a moderation issue.
    testll8806carmenpop22
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited November 2019
    --------- wrote:

right!
    DUALGUNPRO wrote: »
    IGN:DUALGUNPRO
    SERVER: ELYSIUM

Hello im here to report a problem, Im getting banned permanent for not reason after i did Hungry Muto daily and then log off dated 28
    October 2019 the next day i was Permanent banned.
    I tried to appeal my false ban and everyone GM say the same conclusion: due the investigations we found this account was involved in violations and they flagged me
    by HACKING/BOTTING

When never in all my years playing maplestory i used something like that .

I being playing maplestory through past in the time, waiting for the world merge and i was back to my maple when i happened
    Was enjoying every event chilling out with friends , so the real question why im getting banned when i never used hacking programs

So after i tried to appeal it repeatly times , because is you getting a false accusation you going to continue appealing , so they ban me to from the support system
    I hope someone with the enough knowledge read this post and help me with my problem

Since its a bad moment when you get a false accusation like that and you're clean.

I never used hacking/botting programs

I can't sumbit tickets because they ban me to from the support system .

Posdata i hope someone never past from were i am right now, falsely accused and permanent banned , losing my progress for around 8 years into maplestory

try other socials like reddit or so ,if there is many that get same false ban symptoms it will help them to post
    on forum usualy gets censored & nexon its a bit stuborn to react quick on it

last 2 false banwaves took them a month each and hard censorship on post ,they deleted evry post about it (without reddit could have been unoticed)
    but also cheaters abuse that too so yea try post more details if you are right should be fine
    luna02testll8806carmenpop22
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    last 2 false banwaves took them a month each and hard censorship on post ,they deleted evry post about it (without reddit could have been unoticed)

There have been absolutely no posts that I can find regarding reported false bans that have been deleted, sunk, moved to a private forum, or in any way made unavailable to members of this forum.
    Nor can I find any Reddit post regarding any supposed "deleted" posts. There is one thread from a year ago wherein Arwoo responded on the case of reported missing threads and confirmed they were not censored, nor deleted on purpose.

In addition, the subreddit currently has a thread active encouraging players to email Nexon's legal department, which is not the recommended way to appeal a ban of any kind and will not help you with your ban in any way.

Do not spread misinformation regarding bans or appeals.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited November 2019
    Neospector wrote: »

There have been absolutely no posts that I can find regarding reported false bans that have been deleted, sunk, moved to a private forum, or in any way made unavailable to members of this forum.
    Nor can I find any Reddit post regarding any supposed "deleted" posts. There is one thread from a year ago wherein Arwoo responded on the case of reported missing threads and confirmed they were not censored, nor deleted on purpose.

In addition, the subreddit currently has a thread active encouraging players to email Nexon's legal department, which is not the recommended way to appeal a ban of any kind and will not help you with your ban in any way.

yea its this one
    @@@@@@@@@@@
    and few other
    am not going to search on other too
    i know they got deleted and send to deal with support system that we all know its mostly premade messages untill many players start complain about it

and off course nothing from that on forum just memo where they apologize for the false ban but why when nonone of forum complained?
    because nexon saw alot of players complain about support system and autoban system on reddit

but somehow nonone knows all threads about false ban gone and still nothing about it

am not sugesting appeal but way of where players can gather and share their story and be seen when something its wrong
    becasue if all get silent all those false bans will stay and not properly chekd

nexon mail/support system failed so many times (all who got caught on false ban got same response and locked from sending more question )
    also because of cheaters its spammed with nosense and respons are so late and useless
    therefor legit players are powerless and voiceless unless they scream loud on socials

i guess untill someone/all/most atleast once get false ban we will see changes in process of dealing with false autoban
    untill then try not be first runing things after each update
    testll8806carmenpop22
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited November 2019
    this is what they wanted to reach simple awareness sadly forum cant be used for it :(
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

mPYJnpb.jpg
  • nidhddVnidhddV
    Reactions: 370
    edited November 2019
    I tried a lot of grievances to give me the answer like he did, and then closed my appeal channel. Please tell me that it is useful for us to be appealed by those who are innocently banned. Please don't say the robot GM at support, it will only reply the same words.
    Neospector wrote: »

I tried a lot of grievances to give me the answer like he did, and then closed my appeal channel. Please tell me that it is useful for us to be appealed by those who are innocently banned. Please don't say the robot GM at support, it will only reply the same words.
    testll8806carmenpop22