[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The communities favorite beverage.

hyacahyaca
Reactions: 1,050
edited December 2019 in General Chat
Please continue to sell ginger ale despite copyright issues.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    hyaca wrote: »
    despite copyright issues.
    copyright issues.

ENV4MsB.jpg
    hyacaKuronekonovaFuhreakCaughtByLoveMorningAfterSevendarikscholar624
  • KanukovKanukov
    Reactions: 415
    I cant understand that decission, will they no loger be sold by any merchant?? , those things are my bread and butter.
    hyacaMorningAfterSevendarikKuronekonova
  • hyacahyaca
    edited December 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    despite copyright issues.
    copyright issues.

ENV4MsB.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/ranZsnt
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2019
    1zbkOrx.png
    MorningAfterSevendarikKuronekonova
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Nexon isn't selling these items anymore because they don't want to.
    Ginger Ale is a TYPE of drink, not a trademark or copyright.
  • hyacahyaca
    edited December 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Nexon isn't selling these items anymore because they don't want to.
    Ginger Ale is a TYPE of drink, not a trademark or copyright.

Correct me if I am wrong. When something is created originally, a copyright or I guess because it's a drink, something similar to a copyright is made.

(I think it was) Schwepps? that originally created ginger ale. Anyway, some company originally made the first ginger ale way back when. Other companies that make ginger ale using the same recipe afterwards have to give schwepps a small fee, or maybe it was for using the name ginger ale in their product, one of the two. (Think Coca Cola.)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Correct me if I am wrong. When something is created originally, a copyright or I guess because it's a drink, something similar to a copyright is made.

(I think it was) Schwepps? that originally created ginger ale. Anyway, some company originally made the first ginger ale way back when. Other companies that make ginger ale using the same recipe afterwards have to give schwepps a small fee, or maybe it was for using the name ginger ale in their product, one of the two. (Think Coca Cola.)

No, ginger ale is just a carbonated drink flavored with ginger, it is not copyrighted, Schweppes is distributed by Coca Cola, and the first ginger ale was created Thomas Joseph Cantrell and marketed through Grattan and Company.
    The patch notes indicate the item was removed for Miki to be consistent with other merchant NPCs, not because of copyright.

I will, however, pass this feedback along.

Edit: Also, it's come to my attention that ginger ales are still available in Ninja Castle from NPC Ashirazu in Castle Corridor and possibly other NPC shops I'm unaware of.
    hyacadarikscholar624
  • KanukovKanukov
    Reactions: 415
    edited December 2019
    Its time to quit the game again.
    WONDERGUY
  • hyacahyaca
    edited December 2019
    Neospector wrote: »

No, ginger ale is just a carbonated drink flavored with ginger, it is not copyrighted, Schweppes is distributed by Coca Cola, and the first ginger ale was created Thomas Joseph Cantrell and marketed through Grattan and Company.
    The patch notes indicate the item was removed for Miki to be consistent with other merchant NPCs, not because of copyright.

Thank you so much. A while ago bosses stopped dropping large stacks of elixers 50% and 100%, and although most players have a lot of them saved up, including myself, I can't say the same for newer players. Ginger ales are a staple in maple because of this, especially in reboot where you can't exactly buy elixers off players if you feel you need the 100% healing. I know quite a few demon avenger mains who prefer elixers because they heal way more hp for them.
  • hyacahyaca
    edited December 2019

Edit: Also, it's come to my attention that ginger ales are still available in Ninja Castle from NPC Ashirazu in Castle Corridor and possibly other NPC shops I'm unaware of.

No idea how to edit my post. Anyway, once again thanks for passing along the feedback, because it seems if Miki is supposed to sell the same things as the other npcs, not much stops the ninja castle npc from being changed as well.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2019

No idea how to edit my post. Anyway, once again thanks for passing along the feedback, because it seems if Miki is supposed to sell the same things as the other npcs, not much stops the ninja castle npc from being changed as well.

For future reference in editing your posts:
    Iqehfbv.png
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited December 2019
    Honster and Mana Bull for me, thank you
  • RareswordRaresword
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2019
    I prefer Elixirs, Sure, maybe i get way too much cause my main is a Dark Knight, but that's besides the point, I'm on the 50% elixir meta!
    Fuhreak
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited December 2019
    Ginger Ales have literally been around for over a decade, I used to farm jr newts when i/l had spammable blizzard using the potions from miki. Removing them to make her consistent with other NPC's defeats the entire purpose of having different towns with different people and different lore and different stories and different items to collect.... the entire point of such an expansive world is to have things NOT the same in every town, otherwise there's no point to having such an expansive world.

What a rubbish answer, I hope you don't actually believe that.
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    What a rubbish answer, I hope you don't actually believe that.

"We think these items is overpowered and devalue other items in the game, so we're removing it to align more with the Korean MapleStory End-Goal. We hope you understand."

See Nexon, was that so hard?
    StarryKnight
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited December 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    "We think these items is overpowered and devalue other items in the game, so we're removing it to align more with the Korean MapleStory End-Goal. We hope you understand."
    A more honest answer.
  • KuronekonovaKuronekonova
    Reactions: 795
    edited December 2019
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited December 2019

nexon: noted to be removed in next USC. thanks for your feedback and continue to do so as we work hard to pleasure everyone