[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

i want to make friends

TinkoTonkoTinkoTonko
Reactions: 200
edited January 2020 in General Chat
i got back into this game a few months ago as i always end up coming back longing for the experience i once had back in 2011-2013 ive been playing since 2011-now but taking long breaks in-between. I've been focusing on nothing but levelling up ATM but im really bored with the game having no social life in it it just seems like towns are filled with bots or AFK people so please someone friend me or inv me to guild i just wanna chill :)
my user is : AngriBee
level 156 battle mage <3 :)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    The reason towns seem so devoid of activity is because everyone more or less migrated to nameless town, which is an area restricted to level 200+ players that have cleared the 5th job advancement.
    YinYangXAsters
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited January 2020
    You wanna make friends? I'd recommend go to reboot it's more crowded.
  • YoshumariYoshumari
    Reactions: 2,075
    edited January 2020
    If you're looking for people to hang with, I have my main on the Elysium server (218 Hero). I am more than willing to hang with anyone and help level.

If you're no on there, Just need to know what server you're on, and I can see if I have a character near that level, or make a new one and level up fairly quick to get to that point

Y.K.
    Lilyflower
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2020
    DISCORD
    FuhreakSlicedTime
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    DISCORD

There's the official server as well as "Maple Central", both have a lot of players and I'm sure you could find someone to play with.
    Lilyflower
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2020
    TinkoTonko wrote: »
    i got back into this game a few months ago as i always end up coming back longing for the experience i once had back in 2011-2013 ive been playing since 2011-now but taking long breaks in-between. I've been focusing on nothing but levelling up ATM but im really bored with the game having no social life in it it just seems like towns are filled with bots or AFK people so please someone friend me or inv me to guild i just wanna chill :)

I would say stay away from discord if you want real friends, full of overly sensitive people. I say play in-game hang out in hene and meet people there are great people to meet in-game. in discord only toxic so better to stay away.
    Lilyflower
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    It should also be noted that Riza has been banned from said discord* for reasons unknown to me, therefore there is bias within that statement.
    Like any community, there are good and there are bad. Learn to tell the difference between the two and don't take the bad ones too seriously.

*Or so I've heard. If untrue I'll change the first line, but I still stand by the second one.
    SlicedTimeLilyflower
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    It should also be noted that Riza has been banned from said discord* for reasons unknown to me, therefore there is bias within that statement.
    Like any community, there are good and there are bad. Learn to tell the difference between the two and don't take the bad ones too seriously.

*Or so I've heard. If untrue I'll change the first line, but I still stand by the second one.

He was banned last time I was in there, don't know the exact reason but boy howdy do I have three guesses.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited January 2020
    Lol... the comment from above.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

isn't bias as many others been ban for many said reasons, but I would say if you want to make "real friends" and not have anyone hounding or stalking every single one of your movements better to make friends in-game. The discords make new rules every single second and isn't worth the toxic I say in-game is the best as its more hands-on and more in your face experience if you're in discord for news then alright but then again website would be a bit better. but I mean it's from mine and other people experience and hope you find what works for "you".
    Lilyflower
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2020
    Again, riza is currently banned from the official(and unofficial reddit) discord server(s), so he's speaking with a bias.

I'm banned as well currently, and for different reasons, but in the time I spent in the server, I wouldn't describe anything that went on in there as toxic behavior. At least, not as toxic as mister "malcolm x of maplestory" above me. If you asked a question, you'd get an answer; if you needed help, someone would help if they were free.
    FuhreakSlicedTime
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Discord aside, getting to 200+ and joining a guild is usually the way to go. Your best bet is actually talking to the leader/jr before sending a request to join a guild. There are guilds that accept random requests as well though. Most guilds have a discord server of their own to keep in touch outside the game.
    The reason most usual maps seem empty currently is because there is an event-map where people can afk for coins, so that's where the majority of the population is right now. You'll probably also run into people doing the revamped Masteria/Phantom Forest content.
    LilyflowerFuhreakSlicedTime
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited January 2020
    TinkoTonko wrote: »

Yes, you shouldn't let people delude you.
    The fact is, most of maplers nowadays are basically botters, I was struggling before with botters when I tried to train, but since the amount is just ridiculous high and they were taking on every single channel and map, I had to give up.
    Of course there will be certain people who will disagree with me, but it's fine, that's their opinion and I respect that, so I just let them be. after all, facts are facts.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    NicholasB wrote: »

Yes, you shouldn't let people delude you.
    The fact is, most of maplers nowadays are basically botters, I was struggling before with botters when I tried to train, but since the amount is just ridiculous high and they were taking on every single channel and map, I had to give up.
    Of course there will be certain people who will disagree with me, but it's fine, that's their opinion and I respect that, so I just let them be. after all, facts are facts.

As far as letting people delude your opinion, even if there are "facts", it is still in your best interest to try things and decide for yourself.
    The best educated opinion you can develop is one that you develop yourself while taking everything people say with a grain of salt.
    I personally wouldn't take advice on a subject from someone who openly admits they "gave up" said subject.
  • KarneStarKarneStar
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2020
    If anyone is playing Aurora server, rocking a 145 shadower, if anyone wants to buddy up?
This discussion has been closed.