[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Familiar card drop rate is insane

Roy666Roy666
Reactions: 830
edited April 2020 in General Chat
after lv 200 it seems impossilbe to finish these badge on main character even i have 200% drop rate + wolf underling. Plz change level difference familiar drop

Comments

• L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    It's not level difference right? Higher level mobs you go the lower the droprate (that's also assuming they even drop).

Anything past say level 100 mobs and I notice they have nodestone like droprate. Once you get to 160 it's maybe droplet rate. At 200 I've never seen a familiar card drop, but that's also assuming they actually do drop.

I think the things they should reconsider are the fact that mobs required for badges don't even exist. (Lupins, zlupins, malady, Florina beach mobs, etc...).
  • QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited April 2020
    There are also some mobs that don't even drop their familiar card. (The low level Riena Island Tutorial monsters should take around 1 minute for the card to drop, I found none after grinding there for 10 minutes). This means that Nexon did not even bother to update the drop tables for the familiar card drops, making it nearly impossible to even get the 10 familiar badges for the 3rd familiar slot without dropping thousands of dollars due to the rng booster packs. Also the familiars you registered before the patch do not count into your badge collection for whatever reason.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited April 2020
    Your lv do not affect familiar drop rate.
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited April 2020
    I can confirm that your level compared to the familiar's level doesn't change the drop rate of familiars. In the patch, it stated that the familiar drop rate has not changed from prior to the patch. As a heavy familiar collector (824 so far), I can tell you the the drop rate is, on average, between (level/5) and (level/3) minutes per familiar card. That means you're going to have to wait ~20-33 minutes for a level 100 familiar and ~40-66 minutes for a level 200 familiar, without any drop rate increases. Of course, this is on average; I've had more than a few level 100-150 mobs drop them after a few minutes, and unfortunately a few after over an hour. It really is luck, but I hope I've helped out by giving an approximate range.
  • SilentJudicatorSilentJudicator
    Reactions: 880
    edited April 2020
    Quilava wrote: »
    There are also some mobs that don't even drop their familiar card. (The low level Riena Island Tutorial monsters should take around 1 minute for the card to drop, I found none after grinding there for 10 minutes). This means that Nexon did not even bother to update the drop tables for the familiar card drops, making it nearly impossible to even get the 10 familiar badges for the 3rd familiar slot without dropping thousands of dollars due to the rng booster packs. Also the familiars you registered before the patch do not count into your badge collection for whatever reason.

I have finished the Rien monster badge 5 mins ago. I can confirm they do ALL drop. However, just at a REALLY REALLY low rate. Took me almost 40 mins just to get 5 cards. Some dropped instantly and some did not drop until 20 mins into the hunt.
  • QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited April 2020

I have finished the Rien monster badge 5 mins ago. I can confirm they do ALL drop. However, just at a REALLY REALLY low rate. Took me almost 40 mins just to get 5 cards. Some dropped instantly and some did not drop until 20 mins into the hunt.
    That's good to know, but that brings up another question. Were the drop tables actually updated to include certain familiars? Have you been able to get familiars for Grandis monsters, theme dungeon monsters (Gold beach, Mushroom Kingdom, etc) , or arcane monsters to drop? Most of this content was released after the original familiar update and the drop tables haven't been updated since the original familiar update.

• SumimiSumimi
    Reactions: 100
    edited April 2020
    That's good to know, but that brings up another question. Were the drop tables actually updated to include certain familiars? Have you been able to get familiars for Grandis monsters, theme dungeon monsters (Gold beach, Mushroom Kingdom, etc) , or arcane monsters to drop? Most of this content was released after the original familiar update and the drop tables haven't been updated since the original familiar update.

Mushroom Kingdom does drop, just really rarely. I got the first 3 familiars but have amassed over a 5k kill combo on the 4th (Tired Viking). I only run Large Meso/Items, Item Aquisition and DSE though. This is worse than my 4.6k combo I did for 3 mutant pigs before the update.

Reina Strait is a really easy set to finish. Every monster there except for the theme boss drops like candy. Theme boss took me 5 kills, but a guildy did around 80 before he got his.
  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited April 2020
    Drop Rates nerfed after patch
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited April 2020
    This is what I wanted in my game, to farm LEVEL 1 MOBS FOR 2 HOURS
    NEXON WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?
    SunsetChaos
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited April 2020
    God Bless Nexon.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited April 2020
    I just attempted this bizarre hutning for 50mins at "snails" not 1 card drop. We need approximately 100 cards to lv them up so like the drop rate sucks maladys' broomstick. Terrible Nexon just a waste of space.
  • SaixSaix
    Reactions: 640
    edited April 2020
    The drop rate is lower than before revamp, which is against what they said they would do (keep). Revert NOW, i'm not saying revert to the point where it was 100%, but before the revamp. Or rollback.

I shouldn't care being one that farmed boogie jr, but that's only going to kill the game for new players who didn't abuse a "BUG". keep it real, keep it fair, i was able to farm boogie jr every minute before the revamp and would use it to sell for profit, now i cant get one every 40 minutes.

Att,

Gustavo
    SunsetChaos
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited April 2020
    So I went around asking people their time and cards found and this is what I got so far.
    5-10mins common 3
    30mins rare 1
    60mins epic 1

yea... really small sample size.
  • pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited April 2020
    Saix wrote: »
    The drop rate is lower than before revamp, which is against what they said they would do (keep). Revert NOW, i'm not saying revert to the point where it was 100%, but before the revamp. Or rollback.

I shouldn't care being one that farmed boogie jr, but that's only going to kill the game for new players who didn't abuse a "BUG". keep it real, keep it fair, i was able to farm boogie jr every minute before the revamp and would use it to sell for profit, now i cant get one every 40 minutes.

Att,

Gustavo

if they say "the drop rate was not intended" then they should rollback everyone that farmed, since "abusing a bug" is considered a TOS violation if im not mistaken. The drop rate was fine as it was. Before and after revamps they were same drop rate, they even mentionned in patch notes "drop rate will stay the same for familiars" not in those exact words but that's what they said. So just revert back to what it was, people will farm like mad a couple of days, ks wars blah blah blah and then once everyone has their ideal familiars in a few weeks, it'll all be fine and good few every player. Right now the players who abused it received a MAJOR buff to their dmg range, those that didn't, only got their dmg range nerfed from losing 30% ied from the codex removal with no way to really get it back in any kind of reasonable time. Especially that you just took it away from us and making us grind for something we already took the time to acquire.
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2020
    If this is their attempt at fixing it, they need to rollback ALL the familiars. It's not fair that people have godlike familiar lines after hogging a map on launch day.

Nexon never ceases to amazing me at how much they can screw up.
    pat159SunsetChaos
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited April 2020
    pat159 wrote: »

Att,

Gustavo

if they say "the drop rate was not intended" then they should rollback everyone that farmed, since "abusing a bug" is considered a TOS violation if im not mistaken. The drop rate was fine as it was. Before and after revamps they were same drop rate, they even mentionned in patch notes "drop rate will stay the same for familiars" not in those exact words but that's what they said. So just revert back to what it was, people will farm like mad a couple of days, ks wars blah blah blah and then once everyone has their ideal familiars in a few weeks, it'll all be fine and good few every player. Right now the players who abused it received a MAJOR buff to their dmg range, those that didn't, only got their dmg range nerfed from losing 30% ied from the codex removal with no way to really get it back in any kind of reasonable time. Especially that you just took it away from us and making us grind for something we already took the time to acquire.

I don't know dude...everyone was farming Boogies as soon as the word got out. I think anyone/everyone who had 30% ied from the codex, previously, would have farmed it. So unless you were too lazy or didn't care, you would have had gotten the Boogie familiar cards before the nerf.
  • pat159pat159
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited April 2020
    OkitsMs wrote: »

Att,

Gustavo

I don't know dude...everyone was farming Boogies as soon as the word got out. I think anyone/everyone who had 30% ied from the codex, previously, would have farmed it. So unless you were too lazy or didn't care, you would have had gotten the Boogie familiar cards before the nerf.

or weren't able to play during that 1 day time lol don't try to defend some stupid nerf they did just cause you're one of those people who went and farmed jr boogie doesn't mean what they just did isn't break the whole familiar system. Even getting badges now is absolutely ridiculous. Why would you want level 200+ people spending hours upon hours killing lvl 10 monsters? makes no sense to have such a low drop rate. Besides people miss one day and you call them "lazy" and say they didn't care about it? please at least put some effort into your arguement
    SilentJudicatorSlicedTime
  • OkitsMsOkitsMs
    Reactions: 885
    edited April 2020
    OkitsMs wrote: »

Att,

Gustavo

or weren't able to play during that 1 day time lol don't try to defend some stupid nerf they did just cause you're one of those people who went and farmed jr boogie doesn't mean what they just did isn't break the whole familiar system. Even getting badges now is absolutely ridiculous. Why would you want level 200+ people spending hours upon hours killing lvl 10 monsters? makes no sense to have such a low drop rate. Besides people miss one day and you call them "lazy" and say they didn't care about it? please at least put some effort into your arguement

Nope, I was playing with my burning character all day.

Also, I think it was clear that Nexon had this revamp to sell their familiar packs in the CS, and the insane drop rate from boogie coupled with the easy epic potentials hindered that.

You literally had the whole day to farm them, but if you had other things to do, then I don't know what to tell you lol. You sure were quick to make note of the spawn nerf right after the maintenance was over though. So...it sounds like you're just satly you didn't farm enough boogie.
  • guardaosguardaos
    Reactions: 410
    To be really honest, i do not understand what is nexon's rationale in creating such a familiar system where the drop rates are ludicrous.

Firstly, they are creating an environment where high level players compete with low level players for low level maps in order to farm a certain familiar.

Secondly, they are destroying the fun by getting high level players do low level content. (just to add, my phantom farmed at boogies in the lumiere ship from level 129 until it level to 130 - that's how ridiculous the content is.)

The concept of revamping the familiars were okay, but the drop rates of these familiars do not make sense, because you are ruining the fun of high level players which were meant to do high level content, but instead we are grinding level 1- level 2 mobs at beginners area. Seriously, did Nexon get this idea from Southpark - world of warcraft episode, where the characters farmed at boars until they were level 60?
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited April 2020
    So are we suppose to spend months getting something that would've taken less than a day in the old system?
    MicaliciousSlicedTimepat159