[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lag in Elysium

Comments

• AriesDRXAriesDRX
    Reactions: 940
    edited April 2020
    The lag is still there after the patch and several maintenance. The more players in a party the worse the lag is. It's not frame rate or any sort of graphic lag. It's server sided lag that the whole party experiences in bosses.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited April 2020
    Had a guy with Storm of Arrows, dced, didn't clear Will
  • KaiserKYKaiserKY
    Reactions: 930
    edited April 2020
    still experiencing this lag within bosses. also its bad during the up up event. u can tell when everyone in the map just freeze so much more often since its filled with over 30 people.
  • KoenKoen
    Reactions: 570
    edited May 2020
    Just did weekly bossing again. Lag is still there with no sign of improvement.
    We're close to failing Hard Will with a group of 4, a boss I could solo without lag.

Our Black Mage group has basically stopped running because we didn't want to keep wasting our Sparks on laggy runs that caused people to miss their bursts or flatout DC at the start.
    At this rate no group in Elysium will clear BM; not before the lag gets resolved.
  • Unfortunat3Unfortunat3
    Reactions: 430
    edited May 2020
    The lag in the end-game bosses is still there, and if not, even worse. The lag has been happening for over a month and shown no sign of improvement. As many pointed out or experienced, the lag pretty much only occurs in Elysium. Would appreciate it if some GM or developer address about this issue in depth of what is happening in the server.
    edited May 2020
    4-man party, almost failed hwill (we got two lives left each), i failed phase two tests twice cuz i got slammed but there was nothing approaching me on my screen, but we did get nice loot in the end, so there's that. gloom, 3-man, i was the only one left, usually the weakest of the pt. you said it was being investigated, whats taking so long...
  • rtzyrtzy
    Reactions: 515
    edited May 2020
    Long time Elysium player. Lag has been getting worse. It's definitely not computer or internet lag since I can flash jump and use client-side skills while streaming to twitch or on discord.

The weird thing about this lag is that you appear to move around the map on other players screen but attacks are not registered on their screen.

During the lag (happens unexpectedly), you cannot attack or loot which will hurt dps while bossing as well as other gameplay eg. muto PQ. The moment lag ends while bossing, all the map hazards will appear at once for as long as you're lagging out. In worst circumstances, all your teammate's attacks will be registered at once (along with map hazards) within a short amount of time and cause disconnection.

One recent incident I experienced was during Will phase 2, I server lag out for 36 seconds, upon "coming back", all of my teammates' attacks for the duration while lagging out got registered for the next 4 seconds and ultimately dc. Example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/611519144
    Koen
  • MedontknoMedontkno
    Reactions: 505
    edited May 2020
    lag is so bad durig bossing sometimes you are just frozen for like 1min and then it fast forwards to catch up and you just die. and a lot of ch crashing too recently
  • BasuraBasura
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited May 2020
    i cant believe its been more than one month and this problem hasnt been addressed yet, please help, bossing in elysium is so frustrating </3
  • MoonKittyMayMoonKittyMay
    Reactions: 100
    The lag is Just crazy. Bossing especially when it comes to Hard Will and Hard lucid was NEVER laggy for me. As everyone said with the whole "COVID" Situation, it just became annoying. I play other games just fine. Training with the screen freezing for no reason can be frustrating. I hear my friends yell in voice chat all the time when we are playing Maplestory together, (Yelling when the game is lagging). Hope things get better.
  • innncginnncg
    Reactions: 555
    edited May 2020
    The lag issue when bossing is still there. Upgrade your server plz!
  • KoenKoen
    edited May 2020
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello,
    We are aware of the recent server lag and disconnection and are in the progress of investigating the issues.
    Hoping it can be addressed soon for all the affected worlds.

Any update on this? It's been three weeks, a maintenance and a patch later.
    Here's two more examples of our terrific Elysium server bossing experience:

Lucid
    Will
    rtzy
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    Reactions: 940
    edited May 2020
    Koen wrote: »
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello,
    We are aware of the recent server lag and disconnection and are in the progress of investigating the issues.
    Hoping it can be addressed soon for all the affected worlds.

Any update on this? It's been three weeks, a maintenance and a patch later.
    Here's two more examples of our terrific Elysium server bossing experience:

Lucid
    Will

Great demonstrations.

@Ghiblee: Keep in mind, when this type of lag occurs, it's not only the player that's showing you who's lagging. When this occurs, it's the entire boss party experiencing this lag at the same time.

I know I've mentioned it a million times, but this lag only occurs when bossing with multiple people, and everyone equally experiences it at the same time. It's not that someone has a bad connection, or PC doesn't meet specs. Most of these parties that boss together have bossed together for months or YEARS without this sort of issue 'til recently. It is definitely not the players end causing this lag. Using skills or not, the lag still occurs across the entire party. I just want to make sure your team is not confusing the lag we're experiencing for the same general server lag that happens occasionally, or the lag that happens to players with limited connectivity, or computer specs.

This has been going on for almost 3 months now? We don't mean to be pushy about this but, a lot of endgame parties spend thousands of dollars on each character to play the content. In one single end game boss party of 6 people, you could see an investment of $65k-$75k, averaging $10k-$15k per player depending on their stats. A lot of us are paying top dollar for content that has been unplayable for a long time now. It's starting to feel like we're getting ripped off.

It'd be great if we can get more updates on what's being done to fix this serious server wide issue. I know we sounds selfish, but we also understand the COVID-19 situation may be hindering finding the root cause of this issue, in this case we understand.

Updates, updates updates..
  • rtzyrtzy
    Reactions: 515
    edited May 2020
    @Ghiblee It would be nice if you can address this issue or at least update the situation where the developer/quality/network team are aware of this problem and trying to identify the root cause.

The past week has been a hell week for hard will. My party failed 3 times and I know of another party that failed 2 times this week. We got frustrated and ran normal will instead.

The lag caused many deaths that's not supposed to happen, for example, will pushed me to a web after I dodged the first leg during phase 2 segment test, segment test at ~xx:36 (considerably late) for phase 1, ethereal form not registering on the server side, boss lag and random tornado upon game catching up with lag, delayed spider leg at phase 3, and probably more deadly mechanics we can't dodge because of the lag. I have more examples of lags in Hard Lotus and Hard Lucid but I think the ones I mentioned for will should be sufficient to demonstrate the impact of lag while bossing.

We are aware that due to covid-19 there are a considerable amount of returning/new players so the server might be under huge amount of load all the time. However, it would be important to note that the players who are running hard bosses in Elysium are getting frustrated.

EDIT: Paragraph spacing
    Tamirelia
    edited May 2020
    they got rid of the botters but the server lag is still there, bowmaster still dcs even w/o storm of arrows.
    edited May 2020
    Was checking on a streamer in Elysium last night, still see lags. I got my runs tomorrow night. We even had to do 2 attempts of Hard Will for the last 2 weeks.
  • KoenKoen
    edited May 2020
    Welp, the game was stable for a few days.
    As of today I've been crashing left and right again. Lost several MVP buffs minutes after they were cast (why don't these remain after crashing btw?). No signs of channels being flooded by bots, just lag and eventually crashing. Many of my buddies are having this same issue as of today.
  • KoenKoen
    edited May 2020
    Sidenote; since my last post (11 minutes ago) I crashed 3 times and wasted 3 Atmospheric MVP buffs :-).
    edited May 2020
    got carried in hlucid on a DS, but the bombs are poorly managed due to lag. nexon fix please
  • KaiserKYKaiserKY
    Reactions: 930
    edited May 2020