[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.228 On Air: Glimpse of Joy Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kish nerf is worse than you think

HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
Reactions: 1,200
Posts: 65
Member
edited June 2020 in General Chat
In order to keep Kish up you need to proc Nightghost
Things that do not proc nightghost:
Domain, souls, tengu, boss

You proc nightghost significantly less if you are one shotting mobs

The more effective you are at farming the less time Kish stays up


Meso farming is no longer a calm thing you can do while watching a movie anymore, you are going to micromanaging summons like a mech.

If this nerf was make it so players do not use kish mules to level up....It is still more viable to use a kish mule and have kish for 30 seconds every 60 seconds than to not have kish at all. This nerf won't change the amount of players online at all.....other than the players who quit over the change

Cabbage......Nexon your heads are full of wilted cabbage.
KrownopWONDERGUYchaoscauser

Comments

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit
    DarkDaveNebul
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit

    Everyone gets a meso rate nerf. That meso you farmed over the last month to get those stars...now will take 2x-3x as long
    This is a nerf to EVERYONE who had a meso farmer
    KrownopWONDERGUYchaoscauser
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,190
    Posts: 94
    Member
    edited June 2020
    GIVE US KMS STAR FORCE RATES FOR GOD'S SAKE
    KrownopVyrtaeWONDERGUYdarikchaoscauser
  • EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    Posts: 55
    Member
    edited June 2020
    None of this would be an issue if they made Kishin a V Node skill and simply allowed players to play their mains without needing to make a Kanna to get anywhere at a decent pace. We don't have the same spawn rates as KMS so Kishin is all we have to normalize our progress. The solution is to make Kishin more accessible, not to make it worse. They did it with Holy Symbol with Bishops were the 2PC meta, and it changed everything for the better. It made everyone happy. There's such a simple solution they could make and it baffles me that they don't take it and make their playerbase and community happy.

    There's absolutely nothing to gain by alienating your loyal playerbase and pushing them away through these "healthy balance changes" when you've made the right decisions in the past and have been applauded for it.
    KrownopWONDERGUYdarik
  • KrownopKrownop
    Reactions: 825
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit

    I'm gonna translate what this guy is saying: I don't like kanna, so nexon should deleted it because it hurts my feelings.
    WONDERGUYdarik
  • EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    Posts: 55
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Krownop wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit

    I'm gonna translate what this guy is saying: I don't like kanna, so nexon should deleted it because it hurts my feelings.

    His argument is that people are simply lazy because they don't want to NOT use it, which completely misses the point on why everyone needs to use it and doesn't address the myriad other problems that have been swept under the rug for years upon years.
    WONDERGUYdarik
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    Posts: 159
    Member
    edited June 2020
    the kish changes is just he icing on the nonsense cake that is nexon's updates.

    look there is a lot of good things in this update.
    however they have shown complete disregard for the amount of time put into progressing in game.
    this is more than enough for me to drop the game even further then i have now.
    things already take YEARS.

    i will be back to burn a character and to play adele to prob 150 at my own pace. but the appeal to logging back in is constantly dwindling and its not only because of the kishin changes but because of continued backwards thinking of nexon.


    WONDERGUYdarik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Krownop wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit

    I'm gonna translate what this guy is saying: I don't like kanna, so nexon should deleted it because it hurts my feelings.

    I'm gonna translate what this guy is saying: I think anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and I don't have to explain myself
    Fuhreak
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Meso farming is no longer a calm thing you can do while watching a movie anymore, you are going to micromanaging summons like a mech.

    I personally don't believe this is a valid concern for any class. It shouldn't be braindead to the point where you don't have to pay any attention to what you're doing.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,070
    Posts: 498
    Member
    edited June 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    braindead to the point where you don't have to pay any attention to what you're doing.

    yes but they should start from the actual broken things that makes that : frenzy,BoD,Broid,auto heal/cure pet , vac pets....
    talk about "braindead" game health and balance and leting those items around...
    there is maps with spawn so dead that you wait "afk" to get to see mobs spawn while with frenzy its hold key kill mobs instantly
    good luck finding motivation after you experience 10min frenzy boost, nerfed kish new 3pc meta makes it even worse


    also in other hand farming/grind allways been like that either
    you go braindead and watch your screen for hours going left-right
    or
    you casual farm-grind watching movie or something on side
    darik
  • mapler6mapler6
    Reactions: 220
    Post: 1
    Member
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit

    Are you illiterate?
    The strongest class in the game didn't get a nerf. Everyone got a nerf, while the strongest class in the game got even stronger.
    Right off the bat you see that kish now has another 200% damage. If this stacks with the node boost, it's even more. This makes it easier to one shot with kish, pushing meso rates higher while giving even more free damage to bosses.
    Then there's the increase in damage to orochi, which is just more free damage.
    Then there's lowering of requirements for shikigami doppleganger, which also is a 4th job skill with 5% boost per node level, giving even more free damage.
    Then there's the most egregious of all, a free DOT on shikigami charm, which is EVEN MORE free damage!
    But wait!!! there's even more!!! A 90% SLOW ON THAT DOT, THAT LASTS FOR 6 SECONDS.
    They literally took IL's slow, from a class at the bottom of the DPS charts, that switches to FP/Bishop for bossing, and put it on a class that can't be stunned half the time thanks to foxfire.
    There's no reason not to play kanna now.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if you could take your nodes off and spam shikigami and have a 1 hour duration kishin after this patch.
    WONDERGUYKrownop
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,430
    Posts: 122
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Pretty simple actually, you just need to adjust your nodes so that you dont 1 shot with shiki its actually really simple i dont see any nerf really other than 40% rate of spawn time and 60 second cooldown which gets knocked right the hell out the park by the 5 sec increase with nightghosts guide activation...the way people was making it sound was like it was the end of the dang world XD when in reality its making the class be more active.

    Remember you dont "need" to 1 shot the world to farm effectively just 2-3shot! max power is for bosses lol and this revamp made kanna into a dang monster!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited June 2020
    mapler6 wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit

    Are you illiterate?
    The strongest class in the game didn't get a nerf. Everyone got a nerf, while the strongest class in the game got even stronger.
    Right off the bat you see that kish now has another 200% damage. If this stacks with the node boost, it's even more. This makes it easier to one shot with kish, pushing meso rates higher while giving even more free damage to bosses.
    Then there's the increase in damage to orochi, which is just more free damage.
    Then there's lowering of requirements for shikigami doppleganger, which also is a 4th job skill with 5% boost per node level, giving even more free damage.
    Then there's the most egregious of all, a free DOT on shikigami charm, which is EVEN MORE free damage!
    But wait!!! there's even more!!! A 90% SLOW ON THAT DOT, THAT LASTS FOR 6 SECONDS.
    They literally took IL's slow, from a class at the bottom of the DPS charts, that switches to FP/Bishop for bossing, and put it on a class that can't be stunned half the time thanks to foxfire.
    There's no reason not to play kanna now.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if you could take your nodes off and spam shikigami and have a 1 hour duration kishin after this patch.

    Hi there single-post-new-account. Tell me more about how the one class that can lock down an entire map with near zero effort is not the strongest class.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,710
    Posts: 1,257
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    The Kish nerf is pretty pointless. People will just start playing Kanna even more because of this.
    Kishin needs to be removed, entirely and Kanna should (imo) be nerfed into the ground for awhile while they figure things out.
    TheObservant
  • MeatMeat
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Delete this post, I didn't read the notes carefully.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,070
    Posts: 498
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The Kish nerf is pretty pointless. People will just start playing Kanna even more because of this.
    Kishin needs to be removed, entirely and Kanna should (imo) be nerfed into the ground for awhile while they figure things out.

    there is much better class(or like other said braindead and broken) that can clear full map with 1-2keys press and without much move especially if you got frenzy,vac pets..
    also
    majority of kannas are kish "mules" for spawn boost just to bandaid the broken frenzy whales toy gap ( now that gap its worse and you need 2 kannas..)

    with this update kanna mains got much stronger they wont quit as much as some baiters for argue like boredphine wants to
    haveing nerfed kish its still better then farming/grind without any booster as free to play player "normal" spawn its so bad
  • DebtEUDebtEU
    Reactions: 540
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    mapler6 wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit

    Are you illiterate?
    The strongest class in the game didn't get a nerf. Everyone got a nerf, while the strongest class in the game got even stronger.
    Right off the bat you see that kish now has another 200% damage. If this stacks with the node boost, it's even more. This makes it easier to one shot with kish, pushing meso rates higher while giving even more free damage to bosses.
    Then there's the increase in damage to orochi, which is just more free damage.
    Then there's lowering of requirements for shikigami doppleganger, which also is a 4th job skill with 5% boost per node level, giving even more free damage.
    Then there's the most egregious of all, a free DOT on shikigami charm, which is EVEN MORE free damage!
    But wait!!! there's even more!!! A 90% SLOW ON THAT DOT, THAT LASTS FOR 6 SECONDS.
    They literally took IL's slow, from a class at the bottom of the DPS charts, that switches to FP/Bishop for bossing, and put it on a class that can't be stunned half the time thanks to foxfire.
    There's no reason not to play kanna now.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if you could take your nodes off and spam shikigami and have a 1 hour duration kishin after this patch.

    Hi there single-post-new-account. Tell me more about how the one class that can lock down an entire map with near zero effort is not the strongest class.

    I don't feel like you even read his comment.
    He's not saying that Kanna isn't strong, he's saying that it didn't get nerfed.
    The kishin nerf affects everyone except for Kanna players, who can most likely keep kishin up while farming.
    Minimizing the gap between Kanna and other classes? Sure, I'm a Kanna main and I would like that, but that Kishin nerf does the complete opposite.
    WONDERGUYKrownopmapler6
  • KrownopKrownop
    Reactions: 825
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    mapler6 wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Strongest class ingame by far gets a well-deserved nerf, everybody goes apeshit

    Are you illiterate?
    The strongest class in the game didn't get a nerf. Everyone got a nerf, while the strongest class in the game got even stronger.
    Right off the bat you see that kish now has another 200% damage. If this stacks with the node boost, it's even more. This makes it easier to one shot with kish, pushing meso rates higher while giving even more free damage to bosses.
    Then there's the increase in damage to orochi, which is just more free damage.
    Then there's lowering of requirements for shikigami doppleganger, which also is a 4th job skill with 5% boost per node level, giving even more free damage.
    Then there's the most egregious of all, a free DOT on shikigami charm, which is EVEN MORE free damage!
    But wait!!! there's even more!!! A 90% SLOW ON THAT DOT, THAT LASTS FOR 6 SECONDS.
    They literally took IL's slow, from a class at the bottom of the DPS charts, that switches to FP/Bishop for bossing, and put it on a class that can't be stunned half the time thanks to foxfire.
    There's no reason not to play kanna now.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if you could take your nodes off and spam shikigami and have a 1 hour duration kishin after this patch.

    Hi there single-post-new-account. Tell me more about how the one class that can lock down an entire map with near zero effort is not the strongest class.

    I love the fact that you proved mapler6's point by not reading what he had to said, you truly are illiterate lol.
    If you don't understand english very well and don't like kanna at all, you should stop shilling nexon and go ahead and quit GMS and go play KMS (you can go and learn Korean too and maybe you will learn how to read there).
    DebtEUWONDERGUYmapler6
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,200
    Posts: 342
    Member
    edited June 2020
    I just do not get these people who want kishin, fury or even frenzy totems nerfed or deleted. What the actual f is wrong with you people?? These things provide decreased spawn rate and increased mob count, which play essential role in making playing MS more enjoyable imo. Meso economy is always gonna be ∫uked because there's no restriction on number of accounts for bots/hacks can make and they won't go away. Nodes we get from mobs are not even tradable until they're dismantled and made into a new node. Droplet rates are so freakin low to even be a problem. Meso you get is nowhere near worth grinding hours and hours for (unless you're in reboot which need that much mesos to make decent progression). Better spawn rate just makes the game better to play. Nobody likes long spawn wait time, and nobody likes small mob counts. We all just want to feel good as we massacre and pile up the dead bodies of 2-D graphic creatures like a true adversary we are xD
    KrownopWONDERGUYColourson
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,070
    Posts: 498
    Member
    edited June 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    I just do not get these people who want kishin, fury or even frenzy totems nerfed or deleted. What the actual f is wrong with you people?? These things provide decreased spawn rate and increased mob count, which play essential role in making playing MS more enjoyable imo. Meso economy is always gonna be ∫uked because there's no restriction on number of accounts for bots/hacks can make and they won't go away. Nodes we get from mobs are not even tradable until they're dismantled and made into a new node. Droplet rates are so freakin low to even be a problem. Meso you get is nowhere near worth grinding hours and hours for (unless you're in reboot which need that much mesos to make decent progression). Better spawn rate just makes the game better to play. Nobody likes long spawn wait time, and nobody likes small mob counts. We all just want to feel good as we massacre and pile up the dead bodies of 2-D graphic creatures like a true adversary we are xD

    its not us that want to get rid of those, its nexon and their selective nerfs that only makes things worse
    noone asked for kish-fury nerfs nexon made it on their own
    they made point its broken and not healthy...fine but nerf all boosters aswell or remove them and make good normal spawn for all
    (community only wanted to get rid of 1+1pc kanna meta ... they made 1+2pc kanna meta now)
    nexon contradicted themself few times in each MEMoE they post

    we got to the point where we just hope not to see the patch notes words like:buff,improved,balanced,better serve the game...
    its shame that we look at patch notes like : lets see what got destructed now and ignore few-small new&good changes