[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.221 Spring Blossoms Patch Notes here!
Full Nebulite revamp - Preparation for V
It appears we aren't getting Additional Options any time soon. But the V patch's removed damage cap will still require a way to push players beyond the 50m damage area. Without some way to drastically increase damage, players will be unable to face Lucid. Arcane Force helps some, but is a base stat, not a multiplicable stat. Therefore, here's how I suggest revamping Nebulites:
- Remove useless stat lines:
Some stat lines present in Nebulites are entirely useless. These include things like facial expressions, abnormal status resistance, etc. Having some bad lines in potential works because potential lines come in sets of 3 (we'll get to this later), but Nebulites only possess one stat line per Nebulite. This means that useless lines are worse for Nebulites than they are for potential. They ought to be removed.
- Nebulite buy-back:
Nebulites are extremely similar to the V-matrix cores for 5th job. The cores, however, can be disassembled and traded if you don't get the one you want. It stands to reason that a similar option should be available for Nebulites. Here's the thing: we already have a shop that sells Nebulite boxes for "alien coins" in New Leaf City. Let's take advantage of that; allow players to sell or trade in Nebulites for alien coins via an NPC in New Leaf City. These coins can go towards purchasing new Nebulites from the already existing shop.
This means that people will be purchasing at a loss, making it beneficial to kill the Galacto-Drill boss for spare coins.
- D-Nebulites can be traded in for 2 coins
- C-Nebulites for 5 coins
- B-Nebulites for 10 coins
- A-Nebulites for 15 coins
- Multiple Nebulites per equipment:
Modeled after Mabinogi's enchantment system, I think it would be beneficial to allow multiple Nebulites to be equipped on each item. One extra line per equipment is not that big of a damage boost. Coupled with the fact that not all pieces of equipment can have a Nebulite equipped, it doesn't make sense to limit players to one per equip. I propose the following:
- Overalls, tops, and bottoms can equip 5 Nebulites
- Hats, shoes, gloves, weapons can equip 3 Nebulites
- Remove Nebulite fusion tickets, replace with meso-based system:
Similar to potential and magnifying glasses, I believe removing the required fusion tickets from the cash shop is beneficial. Instead, turn the system into a meso sink with the following cost grades:
At a cost per-Nebulite, as described by the following:
- D-Nebulites require 2,500 mesos to fuse
- C-Nebulites require 5,000 mesos to fuse
- B-Nebulites require 10,000 mesos to fuse
- A-Nebulites require 25,000 mesos to fuse
Because the resulting Nebulite and the chance of tier-up is still random, this means that a player is not guaranteed a Nebulite they want easily.
- Fuse 2 D-Nebulites together = 2,500 + 2,500 = 5,000 total cost
- Fuse one D-Nebulite and one C-Nebulite together = 2,500 + 5,000 = 7,500
- Fuse two C-Nebulites together = 5,000 + 5,000 = 10,000
- Fuse one C-Nebulite and one B-Nebulite = 5,000 + 10,000 = 15,000
- Fuse two B-Nebulites together = 10,000 + 10,000 = 20,000
- Fuse one B-Nebulite and one A-Nebulite = 10,000 + 25,000 = 35,000
- Fuse two A-Nebulites = 25,000 + 25,000 = 50,000
- Nebulite re-rolling/The Moleculizer:
Currently, fusion is the only way to re-roll Nebulites. This means you need to possess two Nebulites and pay the resulting fee. This is not efficient. Therefore, a method should be added to re-roll the stats on a Nebulite without requiring the player to fuse an additional Nebulite. I call it "The Moleculizer"; it functions similar to cubes and will re-roll a Nebulite's stats. Moleculizers can be sold in the cash shop for 1,200 NX, 1,200 reward points, or otherwise drop from bosses; exactly the same as cubes.
- The mystical S-Nebulite:
With a meso-based fusion system, it makes sense to add S-Nebulites as the highest tier to obtain. S-Nebulites have the following attributes to conform to the suggestion:
This is because S-Nebulites are akin to legendary potential, meaning they should be what players aim for when attempting to reach end-game.
- S-Nebulites can be traded in for 25 coins
- S-Nebulites cost 50,000 mesos to fuse
- Remove useless stat lines
- Allow Nebulites to be traded in
- Allow multiple Nebulites to be equipped
- Replace current fusion system with a meso-based one
- Allow the re-rolling of Nebulites without fusion
- Add in S-ranked Nebulites
This will allow players to hit end-game and be able to fight the monsters that are arriving in the V update.
and 6 others.