[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

False bans back again?

ApocalyptianApocalyptian
Reactions: 2,330
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting
World: Elysium
Ign: Apocalyptian
Level: 232
I was just wondering about this if anyone else has had this issue. I already sent a ticket and sadly the live chat for Nexon is down cause of Covid 19. (Figures one more thing the virus takes) I am hoping to hear back from them sometime soon.
But anyway I went to log onto my account and found it was "banned due to hacking or third party programs" our internet has been super laggy lately but I left it on overnight like I usually do. My husband uses the computer for work and closed maple earlier in the morning. We have nothing on either computer that we use that do anything to hack or bot or anything like that. It would be dumb and irresponsible in any sense.
My account alone that is falsely banned is well over 10 or 11 years old. I'm just hoping they can sort this out and soon. (Come on, you got this GMs, y'all kindly saved it before when I lost the email to it) Trying to stay positive you know?
Anyways, has anyone else recently had this problem?

Comments

• ThonanyThonany
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2020
    World: Aurora
    Ign: Thonysss
    Level: 202
    I am in the same situation. today i was buying nexon cash to use in the store and when i opened the game SURPRISE i was banned for "hacking" man thats stupid. my account have like ten years and something like this never happened to me. actually i'm very angry/sad for this ban without reason literally my character was afk in the fm and i got banned for that. nexon please stop with this.
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    edited June 2020
    Dang that's sad too. I don't understand how it is they think this is ok. I mean,we are legit completely and for some fluke in thier system we are punished? :(
    Did you send a ticket to them yet? We heard back and apparently they still say there is a hacking issue. Really? Really? There isn't barely anything on both computers I use and why would I even hack? 10+ years legit and I'm suddenly going to throw it all away to hack now? How ludicrous! My husband and I lead a guild that I made back in 2010 and it's active and thriving...tell me...does that sound like the actions of a hacker?
    I hate to admit it, but if they take the account and refuse to listen I quit and I won't come back. I think my husband is going to as well if they don't. It's disheartening after everything we been through together this is the fate we face. We actually met on MapleStory and 8 years later, we are married now with a small child. It brought two people together from 3800miles apart. What a miracle in itself right?
    Maybe in a way this is a sign we both need to move on with our lives permanently. :(
    I hope you have some luck with your account though. Let me know how it goes.
  • RcCar1982RcCar1982
    Reactions: 350
    edited June 2020
    It was to be expected ... just also 4 friends of an alliance clan were given an unjustified ban ... an ark ... a kanna tera xd ... a blaze wizard and another man ally ark ... this game with the latest changes and nerf with bugs and dcs ... what a sad maplestory today
    edited June 2020
    Wow that's unreal! All these people are having this issue too? I found someone else in the general chat as well with this same problem.
    I guess in a way I'm happy it means I'm not the only one with this problem, but it doesn't solve the fact this should not have happened to begin with.
    I would try to log in and dc like 6 or 7 times in a row. My husband has had to take the laptop cause at that point I would just start raging out of frustration just wanting to be online and hang out with people in there. I also experienced terrible lag spikes in clp when I was trying to get coins for the event. I would run around the map and they just pause, suddenly like 5 minutes later they move again and my pet sucked up all the crap on the floor at once from where I moved to the rope. That's when ya know you got a serious lag spike.
    They just really need to fix this. I hope your friends in your alliance get thier accounts back too. Good luck, let me know how it goes!
  • AllowedAllowed
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited June 2020
    For some reason this never happends on the EU server while we're on the same game files/anti cheat

it's just really weird.
  • ThonanyThonany
    edited June 2020
    World: Aurora
    Ign: Thonysss
    Level: 202
    I am in the same situation. today i was buying nexon cash to use in the store and when i opened the game SURPRISE i was banned for "hacking" man thats stupid. my account have like ten years and something like this never happened to me. actually i'm very for this ban without reason literally my character was afk in the fm and i got banned for that. nexon please stop with this.
    Dang that's sad too. I don't understand how it is they think this is ok. I mean,we are legit completely and for some fluke in thier system we are punished? :(
    Did you send a ticket to them yet? We heard back and apparently they still say there is a hacking issue. Really? Really? There isn't barely anything on both computers I use and why would I even hack? 10+ years legit and I'm suddenly going to throw it all away to hack now? How ludicrous! My husband and I lead a guild that I made back in 2010 and it's active and thriving...tell me...does that sound like the actions of a hacker?
    I hate to admit it, but if they take the account and refuse to listen I quit and I won't come back. I think my husband is going to as well if they don't. It's disheartening after everything we been through together this is the fate we face. We actually met on MapleStory and 8 years later, we are married now with a small child. It brought two people together from 3800miles apart. What a miracle in itself right?
    Maybe in a way this is a sign we both need to move on with our lives permanently. :(
    I hope you have some luck with your account though. Let me know how it goes.

Nexon is trash this is the answer from the support

"GM KuroNani

Greetings and thank you for your patience during our review of this appeal.

This is GM KuroNani of Nexon Player Support speaking.

Unfortunately, after reviewing the account, we're seeing that the violations found on this account are too severe to allow further access. Specifically speaking, this account's MapleStory access has been removed after illegal third-party programs specifically created to affect MapleStory gameplay were detected active and in use at the time the access restriction was executed.

As such, it has been flagged for a permanent access restriction, so this appeal is going to be denied.

We do apologize for the inconvenience this decision causes you.
    Sincerely,

GM KuroNani
    Nexon Player Support".

I've never did anything illegal i was just playing valorant and i was afk in the fm buying nexon cash and after the transaction they banned me. 10 years of playing
    and too much money in the trash. THANKS NEXON
    edited June 2020
    Well so far they claim they have "thoroughly investigated" it and they came to the same conclusion.
    I literally have no reason or desire to hack. This is so wrong on so many levels it's not even funny. Still trying to stay positive, I wrote them a novel earlier telling them how much the account meant to me and why. Hopefully someone has the heart to read it and sees there is an unfortunate error in thier system that needs to be fixed and they unban my account. :(
    edited June 2020
    Yup they said the same to me too. My husband had been talking technical stuff with them that the computers we have literally have nothing in them that would even cause such a thing to happen. I got an email earlier this morning (read above) and am still waiting to hear back after that.
    I didn't sleep much last night just worried.
    Thonany
  • ThonanyThonany
    edited June 2020
    Well so far they claim they have "thoroughly investigated" it and they came to the same conclusion.
    I literally have no reason or desire to hack. This is so wrong on so many levels it's not even funny. Still trying to stay positive, I wrote them a novel earlier telling them how much the account meant to me and why. Hopefully someone has the heart to read it and sees there is an unfortunate error in thier system that needs to be fixed and they unban my account. :(

I hope you have good luck but they literally don't take the time to read every case they just respond like a bot.
    they don't take the time to really investigate the case and give you a human answer and they do not give you all the information, they do not tell us what we did or the time we did it, they do not detail anything, and since they do not take the time to explain, we cannot do much.
  • ThonanyThonany
    edited June 2020
    Yup they said the same to me too. My husband had been talking technical stuff with them that the computers we have literally have nothing in them that would even cause such a thing to happen. I got an email earlier this morning (read above) and am still waiting to hear back after that.
    I didn't sleep much last night just worried.

i'm worried too it is normal because we spend time and money into it and they banned us just for nothing
  • ThonanyThonany
    edited June 2020
    maybe if more people have the same problem and grow the post with information nexon listen to us
    edited June 2020
    Well I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and say that I understand maybe the job of a gm is a stressful one. I can imagine people and kids just ream the heck out of them for simple problems.
    I basically took the calm, mature honest approach and told them how I felt and what was going on. It was worth a shot because I have literally nothing to hide. We can only hope and pray that they do the right thing and return the accounts since it was honestly a just a bug somewhere in thier system. Things happen and mistakes happen. Live up to it, admit it, and make it right. That's called being an adult and making adult decisions. Right?
  • ThonanyThonany
    edited June 2020
    Well I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and say that I understand maybe the job of a gm is a stressful one. I can imagine people and kids just ream the heck out of them for simple problems.
    I basically took the calm, mature honest approach and told them how I felt and what was going on. It was worth a shot because I have literally nothing to hide. We can only hope and pray that they do the right thing and return the accounts since it was honestly a just a bug somewhere in thier system. Things happen and mistakes happen. Live up to it, admit it, and make it right. That's called being an adult and making adult decisions. Right?

but of course these things can happen however their answers feels not the best but as you say these things can happen no system is perfect
    edited June 2020
    Thier answers do seem half hearted so far, almost like they don't care. Just... tada here's another done kind of thing. They need to work on that honestly. There are still those of us that will be kind enough to talk to them as equals and with respect.
    I want real answers and a real explaination from a real person and not stupid excuses from a robot or automated system. I do not see that as too much to ask or even expect of them.
    If it was a mistake on my part, which seeing as nothing is on my computer is extremely unlikely...let me know what it is and I will fix it immediately. If it is something on thier side, at least have the guts to own up to it and fix it. It's not hard. It's simple respect and good customer service.
    As of me writing this I still have not heard back since this morning. Let's hope no news is good news eh?
  • ThonanyThonany
    edited June 2020
    Thier answers do seem half hearted so far, almost like they don't care. Just... tada here's another done kind of thing. They need to work on that honestly. There are still those of us that will be kind enough to talk to them as equals and with respect.
    I want real answers and a real explaination from a real person and not stupid excuses from a robot or automated system. I do not see that as too much to ask or even expect of them.
    If it was a mistake on my part, which seeing as nothing is on my computer is extremely unlikely...let me know what it is and I will fix it immediately. If it is something on thier side, at least have the guts to own up to it and fix it. It's not hard. It's simple respect and good customer service.
    As of me writing this I still have not heard back since this morning. Let's hope no news is good news eh?

but of course these things can happen however the answers from nexon make me feel that are not the best but as you say these things can happen no system is perfect
    edited June 2020
    We are experiencing the "non perfect" system now. You heard anything more or no?
  • SmilesSmiles
    Reactions: 200
    World: Reboot
    Ign: Smeeles
    Level: 210

I suppose I should contribute too with my first and probably last post.
    I was banned while afking for rise coins, so I sent a ticket after I got back. No surprise here but I received the same copypasta as y'all dudes and I'm just gon assume my dudes be legit too.
    But hey, I get it. They gotta look through tons of ban appeals so I wouldn't be surprised if they got a teensy bit lazy y'know.
    Anyway cheer up, chums. I'm sure y'all were all prepping for best character, Adele, just like me, but some boys 'n girls gotta give up the dream.

Stay healthy people.
    Aight, peace!

P.S. No disrespect...even if I seem flippant lol.

• floating99floating99
    Reactions: 530
    Region : EU
    Server : Reboot
    IGN: TheSlayeLina

level : 43 or 42 something.

I was playing MapleStory Last Night leveling my Mule for link skills. And play like every other day in Maple World. It's an 9 years old account without any problem, and I even purchases some NX on the night before .
    On the night I got banned, there was some 1 saying chxx MVP something, I used Hyper Teleport Rock to get to Leafre which is where MVP was, then the game went black screen and loading, then crushed. I understand my Wifi isn't the best of the world, So I missed MVP, that's fine, there will be another.
    After 28 minutes of questing/leveling,There's another MVP which I saw on top-right. Like I did 28min ago, switch channel first, then Double Click the location using Hyper Teleport Rock to Henesys. And this time, I got kicked out from the game, and then relog-in and it says ""banned due to Using Illegal Third-party Program or hacks".

I am so confused on which part I do wrong, So while I was sending the ticket to Nexon's home page, I was also reading all the possibilities that could lead me to a ban.
    I double check but reading carefully and memorizing every thing I've done in this game, Not griefing or being offensive, Just Playing with guild members, training,doing daily quests, saw some hackers switching channel while breathing but I didn't witch hunt, doing daily bosses,and in Reboot, You can't even trade so there's no violation in such terms.

The Nexon GMs kindly replied to me this morning but, they are all convinced that I'm using Hacks or third-party Illegal programs that is severely damage the Game. But I don't know how? The only Program I had was my Discord to chat with guild members, it might affect gameplay but definetly not damaging the Game. Others were Google Chrome Browser and Visual Studio Code from school assignment that is for web development.

I provided every log and dxdialogue they need for further investigation, But all they are saying is sincerely hope me to understand that they denialed my access to MapleStory for this matter.
    However, I'm still willing to provide further more evidence if It's needed, But Please GMs,
    edited June 2020
    My husband uses a program called synergy to make our 3 computers use one mouse and keyboard because of issues with enough space on his desk.
    He also uses a program for work to write codes for robots of some sort for an insurance company to help them fill out thier forms seamlessly so actual people can be free to do other things in thier workforce. Pretty neat stuff it's just programming and codes though. None of it would ever make sense to me. Coding and math aren't my thing. It only works with the program they have in his laptop for work though and not Maple. It never even crossed my mind to try it either lol. Hacking is for people who don't respect the game or want to put any real time or effort into it. It's sad really, hackers never actually get to experience the game or really enjoy it.
    Anyways, he showed them screenshots and everything and they wrote back thier "investigation found third party hacking" but they won't ever tell us what it is or what caused it. I'm not happy at all with any of this. I just want my account back. Either that or my husband and I are seriously discussing quitting and never looking back. Imagine the money they miss out on huh? I've spent thousands of dollars on that account over the years and now it's gone for nothing. Is it because I afked? Can we not afk anymore? If we can't then why do we have things like relay? I don't have 3 hours to sit and pittle dink on the computer. I have a 5 month old baby to attend to. And if hyper tele rock was the issue why would they come out with it anyway just to ban us for using it? I have a perma hyper tele rock on my account, plenty of perma pets, and tons of perma nx. Sure I don't spend as much as I used to, but that doesn't make me any less of an important customer of thiers. If it weren't for players like us sticking in there even after the mess that was big bang, they would not have the success they do now.
  • floating99floating99
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2020
    My husband uses a program called synergy to make our 3 computers use one mouse and keyboard because of issues with enough space on his desk.
    He also uses a program for work to write codes for robots of some sort for an insurance company to help them fill out thier forms seamlessly so actual people can be free to do other things in thier workforce. Pretty neat stuff it's just programming and codes though. None of it would ever make sense to me. Coding and math aren't my thing. It only works with the program they have in his laptop for work though and not Maple. It never even crossed my mind to try it either lol. Hacking is for people who don't respect the game or want to put any real time or effort into it. It's sad really, hackers never actually get to experience the game or really enjoy it.
    Anyways, he showed them screenshots and everything and they wrote back thier "investigation found third party hacking" but they won't ever tell us what it is or what caused it. I'm not happy at all with any of this. I just want my account back. Either that or my husband and I are seriously discussing quitting and never looking back. Imagine the money they miss out on huh? I've spent thousands of dollars on that account over the years and now it's gone for nothing. Is it because I afked? Can we not afk anymore? If we can't then why do we have things like relay? I don't have 3 hours to sit and pittle dink on the computer. I have a 5 month old baby to attend to. And if hyper tele rock was the issue why would they come out with it anyway just to ban us for using it? I have a perma hyper tele rock on my account, plenty of perma pets, and tons of perma nx. Sure I don't spend as much as I used to, but that doesn't make me any less of an important customer of thiers. If it weren't for players like us sticking in there even after the mess that was big bang, they would not have the success they do now.

they would need an Injector to inject maplestory in order to use these codes hack, I'm not a completely code noob so yeah, I tried to see if I can hack back in 2009, But ever Since Big Bang and Revamp there's no reason to hack anymore, The leveling is a joy by killing mobs.
    So, Your husband has a Code Editor on while you are Mapling just like me, but It's not Injecting any code to MapleStory, that's not even hack, I honestly can't understand how do they detected that this is affecting the Game?