[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

False bans back again?

Comments

• ThonanyThonany
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2020
    my question is where are the administrators at the moment?
    We have been waiting for an answer for days. we have evidence we are many with exactly the same problem I was buying nexon cash while playing valorant (therefore I was afk) after completing the purchase to go spend it on maple points I see the ban notice which obviously made me very sad I had finally reached the silver mvp.
    I hope that some admin will take the time to read our cases and evaluate them, hoping that they will take away the unfair ban that they applied to us.
  • ThonanyThonany
    edited June 2020
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28563/false-bans-back-again/p3

We already have a post in the forum where we expose this problem, I suggest you post this information in that post.
    the idea is to gather evidence that the ban was unfair and hope that nexon listens to us
  • dontwanttomakenamedontwanttomakename
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2020
    I was perma banned for AFKing in RISE room and was told my the CS team that my account was running 3rd party software specifically for Maplestory at the moment the ban happened. They say never believe anything you see on the internet but I think anyone who knows what an AFK room is, would rather believe that a stranger on the internet plays legit rather than believing that someone was hacking/botting in the AFK room.
    We all know for a fact that Nexon knows exactly what map every character logged out in because that's how our characters get logged back into maps they logged out on. All they need to do is to check if the falsely banned people claiming to be in AFK room are actually in AFK room. When the person really is in the AFK room, that should raise enough questions for them to warrant a deeper invesetigation because in this case, the player literally has 0 reason to hack there because you literally can't do anything in the AFK room.
    If there are many cases of questionable AFK RISE room bans, they simply need to check if there is something wrong with the RISE room. All they need to do is compare RISE Room to Pixel Sauna over a given amount of time. Compare ratio of bans given in Pixel Sauna relative to active population vs ratio of bans given in RISE room relative to active population. As part of their "thorough investigation," they can also compare the ratio of ban appeals relative to total number of bans for the Pixel Sauna and RISE room, respectively.
  • dontwanttomakenamedontwanttomakename
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2020
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28591/in-seek-of-customer-support#latest
    This is a link to a larger and older thread of the same issue.
  • Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited June 2020
    It'd be enough for them to simply address the issue..I wish they would address things like this that have players upset.
  • AlgodonaAlgodona
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited June 2020
    We are very much going through the same problem!!
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/28563/false-bans-back-again/p1
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    It's odd that people are getting banned for being afk in that room. Isn't that the point of it? To afk and get exp or even coins overnight as it does help alot either way. Still...this whole situation makes no sense at all. And as we wait (been 3 days now) we are missing the coins for the event. Today I would have been able to level to 233 with that typhoon potion from the fountain. My husband got to 235 with it and what would have been a happy moment was more bittersweet than anything seeing as I wasn't right there next to him as always on the screen. (But I was in real life though) Lord only knows I have no time to train now so that would have been a welcome gift in itself for my bishop to level as well.
    The more time passes the more people show up and have this same thing happen.
    As of this moment, we are still waiting to hear back from them again about my account. I been nervous as heck to refresh my inbox for that email, just hoping and praying for some positive news. So far nothing...just continued nerve wracking silence.
    Many things go through my mind, many what ifs, but I am trying so hard to stay positive but it is getting more and more difficult.
    I suppose whichever way this goes depends on what happens next. It's a hard decision but I have put it off as long as I possibly could. It's not worth it for me to start over even though I have accounts with 200+ characters I can use. And if I don't start over, my husband will quit as well. Talk about pressure...right?
    But yeah, keep us updated. I will let you know when we know anything and as always good luck and stay positive!
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    False positives are an understandable side effect of trying to improve the anti-cheating in this game.

What's not understandable/acceptable is their support team. Honestly I hope you're not paying people to send these exactly identical responses. You could easily automate ignoring your playerbase.
    Thonanyfloating99SlicedTimeColoursoniLufriceNonsenceTheObservant
  • ThonanyThonany
    edited June 2020
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    False positives are an understandable side effect of trying to improve the anti-cheating in this game.

What's not understandable/acceptable is their support team. Honestly I hope you're not paying people to send these exactly identical responses. You could easily automate ignoring your playerbase.

You are absolutely right and the worst thing is that even having so much evidence in this post they are not able to give an acceptable answer
  • DeathsLieDeathsLie
    Reactions: 765
    edited June 2020
    This happened the other day to my best friend. We've been playing together for the last like 13 years and recently she has been logging and having to afk alot because she is a new mom and has to take care of her baby. She is getting the run around from nexon. They are basically not helping her nor looking into it. Her husband says if they cant get her unbanned then he is quitting too so I'll be losing both friends in the game. I'm super bummed about it. I've been playing this game since it was released and I love it but I have lost faith in nexon as a company I feel like they only care about making money and dont care about their longtime faithful players. I think if she doesn't get her account back I'm finally gonna give up on maplestory. It's unfair how they are treating this and I'm terrified I'll end up banned because I lag so much since I live in a rural area and have use my mobile hotspot as internet. Good luck to those who are affected. Hopefully if there is enough outcry they will be forced to listen to people.
    AlgodonaApocalyptian
  • wolluswollus
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2020
    It is incredible how Nexon does not want to recognize that its security does not work and ban legitimate players, just before and after the last minor patch. 18 June

reply to my third ticket
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

I understand that you are frustrated about what happened to your account. Please take note that we found no errors or inconsistencies with the methods of our investigation. All subject accounts placed under investigation went multiple reviews and considerations before arriving at the conclusion. The sanction for the account will stand and is irrevocable.

Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. This ticket will be tagged as closed but if you have any questions or concerns in regards to another issue, please feel free to submit a new ticket and include a detailed explanation.
    Sincerely,
    GM Kyuyuiyui
    Nexon Player Support
  • MoonBurstMoonBurst
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2020
    World: Bera
    Ign: MoonBurst
    Level: 23X (I don't remember the exact level, I don't level or train much)
    I'm in the same boat. I've been idle for the last few events, mostly soaking up coins/exp from the events, talking on discord and letting the game run over night. Just a few minutes ago, I got told I was perma banned for hacking. Man, I've been playing on the straight and narrow, reporting the meso sellers spamming, and doing everything right. Then I get banned over something that I can only assume to be some bad flag. >:C
  • NairassoyNairassoy
    Reactions: 795
    edited June 2020
    Hi,
    I just thought I would add myself to this list.
    I am an extremely casual player (it took me like 3 years to get to level 210 on one character.) I logged on yesterday for the first time in over a year. I know this because I got a new computer in October and I hadn't played Maple on this new computer, or many months before that because my old computer stopped running all my games (way old system). I know kannas seem to get banned a lot but I've never even played a kanna. I only play Shade. I wasn't afking, except for maybe 15 minutes. I didn't go to the RISE room (Don't even know what that is to be honest.)

Yesterday I logged on and made a new character, a Shade, and leveled to around level 77. It took me about 3 hours (I stayed on for 3 hours for the 3 hour thing? Where you get something for 30 min, 60 min, etc. (I'm so sorry, I don't even know what it is called, lol)

I logged off after I finished the 3 hour thing and when I tried to log on today it said I was permabanned. I'm not even sure what for. I don't even play my level 210 character (like I said, I'm really casual so playing at that high of a level for me is just a lot of work.) So I was just playing a level 70 Shade.

My account is really old, too, I didn't really want to lose this really old account :(

Character name: nairoo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 77
  • ColoursonColourson
    Reactions: 630
    edited June 2020
    You see, my problem with the ban wave is not how many players got a ban, but how inconsistent the ban is. What actions did we perform outside or even inside the game that qualifies for a ban, but some other people WHO DID THE EXACT SAME THING don't get the same treatment? Is Nexon deliberately removing accounts left and right regardless of progress because they really want GMS to close down so bad? If they want the game to die, just do it, enough with the drama.
    NairassoyFrozeNet
    edited June 2020
    So many people are being effected by this and it's so heartbreaking.
    As of today we still have not heard any news. I been checking on the site and also left the moderator of the ban list posting a message underneath that in hopes they can find out something or even look into it. The sooner they give my account back the better I will feel. It would be peace of mind if anything since I did nothing wrong to deserve such harsh treatment and punishment when I am an innocent among many other high leveled legits.
    If they don't get it figured out by the time Adele is released it would be an even more crushing blow. I'm so close to 7000 legion it's not even funny :( with all the work and time put into that account and about 1.5mil contribs in our guild I would say the evidence speaks for itself. A hacker wouldn't have any of those things, only a legit who loves thier guild and stays in it forever.
    I still am at a loss for words. 4 days and no solution...only silence and finding more people with this same problem. It may take time, but something has to give I can't give up my account means too much to me, and the people I have gotten to know and love while playing on it. (I'm talking to you DeathsLie, love you girl from the bottom of my squirrelly heart)
    I will check back later tonight and see what's going on again. And as always good luck on your tickets and your accounts. Keep me posted on updates too. We are all in this together now. Your not alone, and don't forget that!
    DeathsLie
    edited June 2020
    Just posted a link to this forum post to Facebook under another post bragging about thier new content coming up. I'm so bored and upset I'm about to do it to all of them till someone stops me. I commented on everything since it started there is no possible way they can't know they have a serious problem on thier hands!
    Nairassoy
  • LWayraLWayra
    Reactions: 645
    edited June 2020
    We are many who are suffering from this decision of the administrators.
    They accuse us of going against the terms of the server when simply what we do is play legally.
    It may not have much material like some here, but the right to the players is the same for everyone.
    I hope that the administrators take the subject on the matter and check their security system good.
    We need understanding and solutions for everyone.
    Nairassoy
    edited June 2020
    Well said, well said.
    I suppose we should give them the benefit of the doubt, today is not only a Sunday, but also Father's Day.
    That being said I expect (or hope for) them to work on getting us any news or even begin unbanning by Monday or Tuesday. I seriously want to finish doing the events and well...since this nonsense has happened it's screwed up my relay. I'm sure others are in the same situation. As well as lost coins, lost exp. The list goes on...I can overlook all that, just give me the account back :(
  • TrueSilverWolfTrueSilverWolf
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    World: Aurora
    IGN: ZeroHunter
    Level: 243

I got banned after participating in Sharenian Guild Quest (Guild Party Quest) recently, while I was in there the game was lagging massively from the party and I attacking to clear the mobs. I also Tera burn a Blaze Wizard to level 200 and was lagging a bit during training but not too extensively like I was inside the Sharenian Guild Quest. I already submitted the ticket and receive the usual response about why they can't unban me. I find this frustrating that we can get banned for lagging and unable to appeal our ban despite playing this game for several years and never use any Third-party program during our playtime. I'm just hoping Nexon can fix this issue as soon as possible and unban people who were falsely banned before Adele release.
  • NairassoyNairassoy
    Reactions: 795
    edited June 2020
    Just got the same "third party illegal programs" messages you all are getting. I played Maplestory yesterday and that was the first time I've played in a year. Being such a casual player and having no characters over level 210, I dont see how they can even see I was doing something wrong? I only play so extremely casually it doesnt make sense.

Why does nexon seem to do this to all their legit players?